Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: how bout ray allen in a sign and trade?

Does Kobe make players around him better? Does KG make players around him better? Why do you believe every team has to get someone that makes players better. Players should work their ass of in practice and get better.

Difference b/w Kobe and Marbury is defense and size.

KG DOES make his teammates better. He gets doubleteamed and just that gives his teammates opportunites they normally wouldnt get.

Marbury is a SG in a PG's body. And the problem is, he's no Isiah...

Originally Posted by NYK Way
    Does Kobe make players around him better? Does KG make players around him better? Why do you believe every team has to get someone that makes players better. Players should work their ass of in practice and get better.
    All great players make players around them better. I don't mean they make them work harder in practice, I mean they allow them to do what they do best on the court and excel because the defense is focused on the star and he can get the ball to his teammates in a position to score. Shaq, KG, Tim Duncan, Kobe, LeBron, Paul Pierce those are players who make the players around them better. DWade is great on his own but he'll tell anyone who's willing to listen that he's a lot better cause he plays with Shaq. Parker and Ginobili are solid starters but not stars contending for a title if the lotto balls bounce a little different and you replace TD with Keith Van Horn. Someone like Allan Houston or Zach Randolph can score and got a max deal but he doesn't make players around him better.

Kobe doesnt make his teammates better. He COULD, but he doesnt. He's unstoppable on his own, but that has nothing to do with the TEAM. The rest of that list is accurate.

The problem is that Isiah will really hear from the fans, b/c Marbury is a huge fan-favorite and some uneducated fans will think that Marbury should be untouchable. But Steph, once again, is the right player for wrong position. He's a 2 guard at heart, but an undersized one at that. He's been basically forced to play the point b/c of his size, and b/c of his vast abilities, has been expected to do great things. B/c of those abilities, he always has and always will put up great numbers. But it's not completely his fault that the teams he's always played for have lost. It's the GM's fault. It's the owner's fault. And to a degree, it IS Steph's fault, for having all the talent in the world, and refusing to mold those talents to the position he inevitably has to play...

Originally Posted by bobs3304
    Originally Posted by ny3nyk
    all abt the money these days... if i played for the lakers and they offered me 50 mil and knicks offered me the minimum i would play for ny

ur so full of s**t, and you know it.

if someone offered me 50 Mill. to play for the Bangcok international suck ballz team, I'd accept in a heartbeat. But I see what you're trying to say:

NY is like your wife, and you'd never cheat on her.
    haha bangkok, they even have bball there?

BBall's all over!

sounds good but we cant give up these young players who will be great in the future