Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What We Need VS. What's Available

Ariza is a poor shooter, let alone from beyond the arc. IMO, Ariza is ready to contribute, and whether or not he starts isn't important to me...

River Rocks, Port Rich (Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico PUNETA!!!)

League realignment? hell, how 'bout Knick realignment...

NY gets
    Pierce (SG)
    Jefferson (PF)
    Odom (SF-PointForward)
    Ridnour (PG)
    Jerome James (C)

Boston gets
    Steph
    Malik Rose
    Penny Hardaway

Seattle gets
    Kobe Bryant
    Nate Robinson
    Tim Thomas

Lakers get
    Ray Allen
    Jamal Crawford
    Mo Taylor
    Mark Blount

and then...ship JYD and Sweets to Washington for Kwame plus change

NY Starting 5
    Luke Ridnour (future allstar PG)
    Paul Pierce (SG)
    Lamar Odom (SF)
    Al Jefferson (future allstar PF)
    Kwame Brown (C)

backups
    jerome james
    channing frye
    jackie butler
    david lee
    trevor ariza
    jermaine jackson

This will give Herb Williams a fresh handle on this team, 'cause you know Stephon just doesn't want Herb as coach. One of them will not be here come October.

Of course, all this is pure speculation, probably doesn't work salary-wise, WON'T happen and yes I'm smoking some serious ****. Ariza the veteran Knick on the team? JAJAJAJAJAJ. So don't gang up on me for using my imagination and wasting your time.

Lord I beg you for a Knick championship before I die!!!

ya...how much for a dime bag dude...I'd ask for a 20, but it seems like it ****ed you up real bad.

If we could get Walker with the MLE then you can't argue with it. He would fit very nicely into Zeke's plans (of which I strongly dissaprove). Walker fits right in the Marbury, Crawford, Q, Tim Thomas mold of guys with attitudes who would be below average defenders in the WNBA. But he's an All-Star caliber player on the offensive end, and if the plan is to make the playoffs (and lose in the first round) now then he's your man.

Personally I would rather see us get a little defense. Under Carlisle the Pistons showed that you can win with strong defense, a team first attitude, and a good coach without any highly regarded/overpayed players. Zeke clearly missed that and decided that trading terrible overpayed players with short contracts for decent overpayed players with long contracts was the best way to build a team. I would have honestly rather seen him make a trade or two for some young players, then cut everyone and sign a bunch of nobodies who can defend. I think we would have been contending sooner.
    I guess that you can't change the past and that at least this is better than anything Layden could have done. Considering the spot we're in I don't think that Walker is a half bad 4. I would also welcome an athletic PF who can defend. Sweetney looks like a good backup, but he's limited physically and doesn't do much for you defensively. Swift is a hell of an athlete and his baggage doesn't even compare to Kwame's. Although if Zeke is convinced that Kwame will work hard then I wouldn't be against getting him.
    I also wouldn't mind standing pat. I like the three guys we drafted and think that we might already have a decent team. Maybe bring in someone who can defend (that does not mean Jerome James) with the exception and see how the young guys do. If the young guys play well they're much more valuable at the deadline or next offseason.

Originally Posted by portega1968

NY gets
    Pierce (SG)
    Jefferson (PF)
    Odom (SF-PointForward)
    Ridnour (PG)
    Jerome James (C)

Boston gets
    Steph
    Malik Rose
    Penny Hardaway

Seattle gets
    Kobe Bryant
    Nate Robinson
    Tim Thomas

Lakers get
    Ray Allen
    Jamal Crawford
    Mo Taylor
    Mark Blount

NY Starting 5
    Paul Pierce (SG)
    Lamar Odom (SF)
    Kwame Brown (C)

backups
    jerome james
    channing frye
    jackie butler
    david lee
    trevor ariza
    jermaine jackson

This will give Herb Williams a fresh handle on this team, 'cause you know Stephon just doesn't want Herb as coach. One of them will not be here come October.

Of course, all this is pure speculation, probably doesn't work salary-wise, WON'T happen and yes I'm smoking some serious s**t. Ariza the veteran Knick on the team? JAJAJAJAJAJ. So don't gang up on me for using my imagination and wasting your time.

i think kobe is untouchable, and the celtics would never go on with that trade because they are currently rebuilding also with all their young players, they will never give al jefferson up but they will likely ship pp out.
    i doubt luke ridnour will be a future all star but he is a decent pg. plus, there are so many players involved and so much money that the teams involved probably wouldnt even go through in the trade. in conclusion, u totally dismantled the team and added players with equal or less talent with the current team.

ps: what is it with trading marbury the knicks is where he belongs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by ny3nyk

NY gets
    Pierce (SG)
    Jefferson (PF)
    Odom (SF-PointForward)
    Ridnour (PG)
    Jerome James (C)

Boston gets
    Steph
    Malik Rose
    Penny Hardaway

Seattle gets
    Kobe Bryant
    Nate Robinson
    Tim Thomas

Lakers get
    Ray Allen
    Jamal Crawford
    Mo Taylor
    Mark Blount

NY Starting 5
    Paul Pierce (SG)
    Lamar Odom (SF)
    Kwame Brown (C)

backups
    jerome james
    channing frye
    jackie butler
    david lee
    trevor ariza
    jermaine jackson

Of course, all this is pure speculation, probably doesn't work salary-wise, WON'T happen and yes I'm smoking some serious s**t. Ariza the veteran Knick on the team? JAJAJAJAJAJ. So don't gang up on me for using my imagination and wasting your time.

i think kobe is untouchable, and the celtics would never go on with that trade because they are currently rebuilding also with all their young players, they will never give al jefferson up but they will likely ship pp out.
    i doubt luke ridnour will be a future all star but he is a decent pg. plus, there are so many players involved and so much money that the teams involved probably wouldnt even go through in the trade. in conclusion, u totally dismantled the team and added players with equal or less talent with the current team.

ps: what is it with trading marbury the knicks is where he belongs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

youre a jackass.........

just thought I'd let you know.

ny3nyk, no doubt that would be the biggest swap since that 9-man trade a couple of years back; vitually impossible. Nevertheless, with Phil back in LaLaland. I'm wondering if Kobe's days are numbered. Plus, Isiah is looking at what he would get for Marbs, so it seems he doubts Stephon will ever fit his new plans for more defense and an uptempo offense. I hated it when they traded away Spree, but I learned to move on. Seems we are all going to have to move on without Steph sooner than later. So if he is going to be traded, I want a top 10 player for him. I believe KG is on the block, so that would be my target, even if it takes 3, 4 or 10 teams to get it done.

bobs3304, you have some sort of complex that leads you to insult people you don't know? If you don't like seeing the b/s I write, just ignore it dude. It takes a real coward to talk like that to anybody, evenmore to somebody you don't even know. I'm guessing you had a loud upbringing. Save yourself some bad vibes and avoid responding to my stuff like some narcissist teeanger.

bobs3304, you have some sort of complex that leads you to insult people you don't know? If you don't like seeing the b/s I write, just ignore it dude. It takes a real coward to talk like that to anybody, evenmore to somebody you don't even know. I'm guessing you had a loud upbringing. Save yourself some bad vibes and avoid responding to my stuff like some narcissist teeanger.

thanks dr. phil

I'll keep that in mind.

oh.......wait. this is coming from a guy that thinks Boston will trade us Al Jefferson, let alone Pierce. lol, you must be ****tin me.

But ok Phil, you win. I'll try not to be a "narcissistic teenager" .

ny3nyk, no doubt that would be the biggest swap since that 9-man trade a couple of years back; vitually impossible. Nevertheless, with Phil back in LaLaland. I'm wondering if Kobe's days are numbered. Plus, Isiah is looking at what he would get for Marbs, so it seems he doubts Stephon will ever fit his new plans for more defense and an uptempo offense. I hated it when they traded away Spree, but I learned to move on. Seems we are all going to have to move on without Steph sooner than later. So if he is going to be traded, I want a top 10 player for him. I believe KG is on the block, so that would be my target, even if it takes 3, 4 or 10 teams to get it done.
    The trade is very creative. The first problem is that the Knicks are getting the future and present stars of the Celtics organization and the #2 guy on the Lakers while giving up almost nothing: no one want Marbury's attitude and contract that's why the Knicks got him for scraps in the first place and the best deal that you're earing about is Dalembert and McKie. I don't think that Marbury gets moved because you're not going to get an equa player in a trade and the Knicks are not concerned with the cap.

Furthermore, Phil went back to LA to coach Kobe and he's not getting moved for Ray Allen who had one great year in his contract year after several years as a more athletic Allan Houston. In a few years I expect that he will look much like Houston does now.

Garnett is not on the block. He's the face of that franchise and one of three players who makes any team an instant title contender. This year was a fluke. If they were going to trade KG the Wolves would have taken someone with more pside than McCants.

Bobby, our pottymouthed hoopsjunkie, your posts reveal an excellent sense of comedic arrogance worthy of Bam Margera himself. So I'm willing to bet you've got something more creative than Dr. Phil. Feel free to keep on trying. Blessed are we the ordinary Knick fans who have the privilege of being iluminated by your insightfulness.

ny3nyk, you're probably right. But think about it....who would've thought before the Lakers lost to Detroit in the finals last year that the likes of Shaq, T-Mac and Vince would be changing addresses? Just a few of us who heard the rumblings but had reasonable doubts anyway. The same feeling is out there these days for KG, Kobe and Pierce. Time will tell if they are gone by next summer as I expect, but it would be a pity if New York wasn't on the receiving end of any of these players if they do move. I even suspect Lamar will not be shipped out b4 Kobe. I haven't seen him publicly or enthusiastically favor Phil's rehiring. I mean, Phil did trash him big time in that book.

yep anything is possible but i still think kobe will stay and patch any differences with phil after what happened this season with his lakers

I'm not hearing any rumblings about Kobe or KG. Only on forums like this one.

KG is one of three players who instantly makes you a contender for the title, not moving.
    Phil returned to LA to coach Kobe not to trade him.
    Pierce, maybe. The problem is that Danny Ainge is very particular and I doubt he likes Marbury even one bit. They can get more than we can give for Pierce. But he might move if they get a bigman for him. I bet Chicago would love to have him.
    Al Jefferson is about as untouchable as any young player this side of LeBron and Wade. The only way they're giving him up is for KG.

The bottom line is that we don't have much to give in a trade for a big time player other than cap relief and Frye. Sweetney and Ariza and Lee are nice prospects but probably not players you build around. Marbury, Crawford, and Q are all one dimensional ballhogs.

I think Marbury for Harrington is the smartest move we could make. You can't win with Marbury. I'm all for second and maybe third chances but blown fourth chances don't bode well. Harrington is a solid young player with one year at 7 mill on his contract. He's extremely valuable in a trade or on the team. I would also love to get Boris Diaw or Childress as well.

y is everone on walkers d!ck.......HE IS TRASH....

he may not be that old(29 i think) but he is already washed up....

i hate him........bringing him to the knicks would be a horrible idea......

i dont member if it was in the thread but someone made an escuse saying hes a point powerforward when he touches the ball he is expected to shoot

that is total bs........ball movement is very important in basketball......hell touch the ball and not give up the ball even if he has 5 guys covering him

then u may say....o with 5 guys he may get fouled.......HE CANT SHOOT FREE THROWS!!!!.....getting him would be a waste of money and a waste of roster space.....PERIOD