What We Need VS. What's Available

portega1968

El Cacique
Bobby, our pottymouthed hoopsjunkie, your posts reveal an excellent sense of comedic arrogance worthy of Bam Margera himself. So I'm willing to bet you've got something more creative than Dr. Phil. Feel free to keep on trying. Blessed are we the ordinary Knick fans who have the privilege of being iluminated by your insightfulness.

portega1968

El Cacique
ny3nyk, you're probably right. But think about it....who would've thought before the Lakers lost to Detroit in the finals last year that the likes of Shaq, T-Mac and Vince would be changing addresses? Just a few of us who heard the rumblings but had reasonable doubts anyway. The same feeling is out there these days for KG, Kobe and Pierce. Time will tell if they are gone by next summer as I expect, but it would be a pity if New York wasn't on the receiving end of any of these players if they do move. I even suspect Lamar will not be shipped out b4 Kobe. I haven't seen him publicly or enthusiastically favor Phil's rehiring. I mean, Phil did trash him big time in that book.

ny3nyk

Rotation player
yep anything is possible but i still think kobe will stay and patch any differences with phil after what happened this season with his lakers

Ted

Benchwarmer
I'm not hearing any rumblings about Kobe or KG. Only on forums like this one.

KG is one of three players who instantly makes you a contender for the title, not moving.
Phil returned to LA to coach Kobe not to trade him.
Pierce, maybe. The problem is that Danny Ainge is very particular and I doubt he likes Marbury even one bit. They can get more than we can give for Pierce. But he might move if they get a bigman for him. I bet Chicago would love to have him.
Al Jefferson is about as untouchable as any young player this side of LeBron and Wade. The only way they're giving him up is for KG.

The bottom line is that we don't have much to give in a trade for a big time player other than cap relief and Frye. Sweetney and Ariza and Lee are nice prospects but probably not players you build around. Marbury, Crawford, and Q are all one dimensional ballhogs.

I think Marbury for Harrington is the smartest move we could make. You can't win with Marbury. I'm all for second and maybe third chances but blown fourth chances don't bode well. Harrington is a solid young player with one year at 7 mill on his contract. He's extremely valuable in a trade or on the team. I would also love to get Boris Diaw or Childress as well.

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
y is everone on walkers d!ck.......HE IS TRASH....

he may not be that old(29 i think) but he is already washed up....

i hate him........bringing him to the knicks would be a horrible idea......

i dont member if it was in the thread but someone made an escuse saying hes a point powerforward when he touches the ball he is expected to shoot

that is total bs........ball movement is very important in basketball......hell touch the ball and not give up the ball even if he has 5 guys covering him

then u may say....o with 5 guys he may get fouled.......HE CANT SHOOT FREE THROWS!!!!.....getting him would be a waste of money and a waste of roster space.....PERIOD

bobs3304

Benchwarmer
portega1968 said:
Bobby, our pottymouthed hoopsjunkie, your posts reveal an excellent sense of comedic arrogance worthy of Bam Margera himself. So I'm willing to bet you've got something more creative than Dr. Phil. Feel free to keep on trying. Blessed are we the ordinary Knick fans who have the privilege of being iluminated by your insightfulness.

are you a writer for the Post or something? B/c if not, let me be the first to say I'm shocked.

now, as for harrington, he doesnt get my panties all in a bundle. He's a nice addition to any team, but nothing necessary or special. Atlanta would have to give us an future unprotected 1st for me to lighten up to it.

Now, as for Dally. I got this bad feeling in the pit of my stomach that Philly will keep him no matter what. But he's the type of player we need. I wouldnt touch Kwame, and I don't even need to justify that. So I guess what I'm saying is that we're left where we started - utterly confused.

Oh........Bam Margera is a moron.

Ted

Benchwarmer
suddenly "Dally" is an impact player the year after backing up Marc Jackson this is an intersting phenomenon and no one has yet to address how he is even close to a sure thing

bobs3304

Benchwarmer
Dalembert offers something that not many Big men in the league can - a combination of size and speed.

You're right, he isn't a sure thing. But I've watched him play enough to say he's worth it...

btw, the only reason he backup jackson is b/c o'brien didn't like playing the yungins....

ny3nyk

Rotation player
actually i think marc jackson in his 30s or something. if he get walker and we are in a clutch situation we are screwed. down by 2 with .3 seconds left and walker at the foul line trying to tie the game...u can kiss the w away. i also like dalembert i think hes big and fast athletic and best of all defensive minded

Ted

Benchwarmer
You have to get in some games that matter and be in a position to win them before you worry about whether Toine's below average free throw shooting matters. Even then I don't know how much you consider FT%: two of the league's worst free throw shooters are named Shaq and Tim Duncan.

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
yea but there is a huge differnce between walker shaq and wallace

becuase....HE SUCKS!!!! and i belive (correct me if im wrong) tim duncan shot over 70% from the free throw line......but just did bad in the p/offs

walker's defense sucks, hes not that young, he is a good shooter sometimes, and he does not hustle(from wut ive seen). he also is a ballhog.....isaih will not take him.......

Ted

Benchwarmer
I never said that Walker was Shaq or Duncan, just that they can't shoot free throws either. I have no idea what Duncan's average was but he is historically not a great free throw shooter.

Walker is not great, I never got the impression that he sucks either. He's been a pretty damn good player, if a little enigmatic. I think that it says a lot that the president of the Toine Hater's Club, Ainge, went out and got him last season. No one else on the Knicks plays defense so he won't feel out of place. Adding Walker doesn't make us a contender for the title, but it does make us a contender for the playoffs, which I'll take over the lottery any day. If you can get Toine with the MLE it would be too good to pass up. If you sign him with the MLE it might only be a one year deal so he can reway his options next offseason. But I think that at this stage in his career every year makes him less valuable and he might take as many as he can get here and now. His free agency came at the worst possible time with all these good young bigs on the market.

Ted

Benchwarmer
Wait I missed that one. Isiah will not take a ballhog? There are nothing but ballhogs on this team. And Walker is one of the best passing big men in the league when he feels like it. He may also start to use his tremendous post skills instead of aimlessly launching threes as he slows down with age.

Ted

Benchwarmer
Walker is also a player who has proven what he can do, judging by the draft that might be what Isiah is looking for.

portega1968

El Cacique
The Atlanta CJournal reports Atlanta and Chicago are discussing a trade that involves Harrington and Curry...Wouldn't suprise if it were really a 3way with the Knicks with Stephon to Atlanta and Curry here (I prefer Chandler)

Ted

Benchwarmer
It would suprise me. Not impossible but unlikely. Curry is a young center who can score on the block to go with their young wings while Marbury is a headache and coming up on 30. If you can get a good center with some question marks or a good point with some question marks I'll take the center any day.

portega1968

El Cacique
Nice to know the Gilbert Arenas clause in the newCba will allow capped-out teams to pay and retain their second rounders (Trevor) without getting killed by the tax. Ariza may be a Knick for life if he earns it..

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
No one else on the Knicks plays defense so he won't feel out of place

THAT IS WUT ISAIH WANTS TO IMPROVE!

he is tryng to improve the knicks defense.......so that is the reason he will not take walker.......