Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GO STRONG AFTER KG...

Default GO STRONG AFTER KG...

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

^ ---- I was browsing a few other Knick forums, and there seems to be alotta talk about KG being widely available this summer. Now usually I don't buy into any of that crap, but this is apparently coming from sources within more than one orginization, rather than from the media.

The other thing is that, as it looks now, it's gonna be very very difficult to ever advance in the playoffs with A.) the roster as it is now and B.) with our cap restricting the type of moves that would REALLY make an impact.

Since the Wolves' owner is apparently looking to cut salary in anticipation of buying the Vikings or something like that, KG will at the very least be shopped; unless of course they make a huge trade for a Paul Pierce or Lamar Odom type, which I don't really see happening b/c it conflicts with the owner's long-term goals.

Out of any teams out there, we could offer the best package, b/c we have some youth AND expiring contracts. The only player I'd keep as untouchable is Frye b/c we haven't even gaged his potential yet, and would still desperately need size even /w/ KG on board. This is still all speculation, but I think Isiah needs to swing for the fences this summer instead of playing it safe. If he were to play it safe and sign a Kwame Brown or Stro Swift to a longterm, MLE type contract, we'd have most of our players (atleast the ones that play) signed through 4 or more years and we still would lack the talent level that even the Nets have.

Anyway, here's what I think is the most realistic and fair deal with Minny:

Timmy, Penny, Sweetney, Ariza, 2 Future 1st's

FOR

KG, Wally, Hudson

Knicks could simply waive Hudson afterwards. Keeping Houston won't hurt b/c we'd only have to wait 2 years before his contract expires completely...

ROSTER

Frye, Rose
    KG, Taylor, Lee
    Wally, JYD
    Q, Crawford
    Marbury, Nate

IR: Houston

There are 6 other teams out there trying to get KG

Originally Posted by NYK Way
    There are 6 other teams out there trying to get KG

Only we can offer instant, massive cap space. If theyre trading KG, theyre not looking to swap talent for talent, b/c KG is about the best you can get in hopes of winning. Not only that, but we have Ariza and Sweetney as young, inexpensive, potential AND a stockpile of future draft picks...

If the Wolves are looking to win, they'll just keep KG, b/c he has to honor his contract. But I think they'll be looking to rebuild, and if that is in fact the truth, then NY has the best chance of making something happen.

And Marbury will be reunited with KG!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apparently theyre still boys, so no bad blook b/w them. And can you imagine, besides having KG in NY, the massive media frenzy that would happen with Marbury and KG reuniting??

Absolutely nuts.

i dont like that deal one bit.......

Has this been reported on ESPN yet or Sports Desk or just online?

Default Re: GO STRONG AFTER KG...

Originally Posted by bobs3304

Anyway, here's what I think is the most realistic and fair deal with Minny:

Timmy, Penny, Sweetney, Ariza, 2 Future 1st's

FOR

KG, Wally, Hudson

Knicks could simply waive Hudson afterwards. Keeping Houston won't hurt b/c we'd only have to wait 2 years before his contract expires completely...

ROSTER

Frye, Rose
    KG, Taylor, Lee
    Wally, JYD
    Q, Crawford
    Marbury, Nate

IR: Houston
    that deal happened already.......then i woke up

^....lol.

No, this is all speculation across a few Knick forums.

i like the idea of kg coming to play ball here but i really dont think hes worth wut u listed

ariza has a bright future..........and 2 future 1rst rounder are worth alot.....

i think aquireing kg would be a lil easier a would cost less then wut u had written (even tho that is not the trade im just saying)

we can prolly get kg for sweetney and 2 first rounders......but then the cap comes in to play......so it would be a very complicated deal the knicks would have to work out

If there is a chance to get KG....get him....the man is a monster and entering his PRIME...are you kidding me...if this was possible Trade whomever...because guess what...he would be our best player. Can you imagine
    Steph
    Craw
    Q
    Frye
    KG

with a decent blend coming off of the bench...and we would still be a young team...if we can get KG we should do whatever needs to be done..end of story.

Superstar

id do it, but giving up 2 1st rounders, sweets, and ariza is a lot....if we can cut out part of that id do that in a minute...kg has at least 4 or 5 superstar years left in him and wally hopefully still has his shooting touch. as said we dont need hudson. this would be huge

It is next to impossible that this will happen, but any chance to get KG - the knicks need to be on top of it!

KG is 23pts 14 rebs 6asts a game with the highest NBA efficiency rating in the game today -
    Penny's and TT's expiring contract is close to $30 mil - more than enough to take KG and szerbiak. Draft picks and young talent can be included to sweeten up the pot.

Thought Miami had the best inside outside combo with Shaq and wade??? - well think again cause ain't nothing better than KG and steph!

There is about a .0001% chance that the T-Wolves are that desperate to get cap space. Especially with the cap raised under the new CBA.

If he was available all this talk that Sweetney and Ariza and firsts being too much is foolish. If anything it's too little. Sweetney has some potential, but so far he's a decent starter on a bad team. His physical limitations will keep him from ever being someone you can build around. I love Ariza, but the kid was in and out of the rotation for the Knicks.
    The T-Wolves aren't going to give up a perrenial shot at the title for two possible rotation players down the road. A new coach, McCants, a cap exception signing, and no Spree is going to make this a new team and a contender again.
    If nothing else the pick of McCants itself assures me that the T-Wolves are set on contending right now. McCants doesn't have the potential of some of the guys picked behind him, but he's NBA ready and fills the void left by Spree.

If you want to talk about someone on the Wolves that the Knicks might actually have a shot at, why not free agent Eddie Griffin? His attitude is straightened out and he can defend inside and knock down the 3. Reminds me a little of Robert Horry.

Superstar

we discussed him (e griff) in previous threads and i said id love to pick him up. dunno, first off spree hasnt officially left. they dont have many pieces...wally is inconsistent, cassell is injured. i dont see them putting it all together next year. maybe they do wanna trade him....