Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: CHAD FORD...straight outta the horse's mouth.

Originally Posted by Ted
    Dalembert is the next Camby, Deke was one of the best defensive centers of all time. I like him and would love to have him but not for too much $.

Harrington is pretty damn close to a defensive stopper and can hit the 3 as consistantly as Q or Crawford who both shoot terrible %s. I don't know if people forgot how good he was on the Pacers just a year ago.

Marbury doesn't deserve all the blame, but as the best player he does get his share. The thing you have to look at in what we can get for Marbury is how little we gave up for him. If other teams were so in love with him they would have given a star then

Let's recap:

1.) Harrington is an average defender. Nothing to write home about.

2.) Harrington can hit the 3 about 30 % of the time. That's average.

3.) Dalembert isn't a Camby type. But I see why you say that. He's a very solid Center, and I dont give a **** how much his contract would be b/c it would be FAR less than Marbury's. Being that good Centers are at a premium in the league, that should be the least of our worries...

4.) The problem is that I don't feel like Marbury can change his game to that of a SG. If we're gonna win, he needs to either change his game to a more pure PG, or play some minutes at SG. Only problem with that is that we have far too many players that need minutes, and not enough to go around. Unfortunately, Marbury is a fan-favorite. But so is Steve Francis. I think for the future, Marbury needs to be traded now for some cap space and a big man prospect (whether or not that's Dalembert).

Originally Posted by bobs3304
    First, Isiah likes Marbury, and I don't think he'd do that to him....Atlanta is like the black hole of the NBA. And Harrington offers nothing special. Not a defensive stopper, can't hit the 3 consistently, and he's a tweener. I guess since he's an expiring contract, we could then use him in a deal a month or so afterwards. But as far as actually keeping him, I'm not so sure, especially when we have a blatant hole at Center.

If we're trading Marbury, I'd like to atleast get a Big Man prospect in the package...Dalembert is the next Dikembe Mutombo, and assuming he'll be signed to around 6-7 mill TOPS, we'll have one of the most economically friendly starting lineups around the league (Craw, Q, Ariza, Frye, Dally).
    I think you are giving him more value then he deserves right now. I don't see him blocking shots like DM in his prime but I do think in this day and age he is a decent player to have but not at the price of Marbury. Again, he is a good defender and rebounder but his game is like JYD in my opinion, just taller. That's not a bad thing, or knock on him, just you are over valueing him.

i agree what bob is saying completly.......

marbury is not a true point guard........but u know who is???

jason williams....ok imma get off that topic again.....

but seriously i really believe that marbury is cancerious to the knicks and need to be dealt.....we4 need a team leader who looks to pass first shoot second......

and crawford will not be a pointguard hes 2 soft to go into the lane

Did you ever watch the Pacers play? Harrington is an above average defender and would instantly be the best defender on the Knicks. He's not Artest but he's damn good.
    Harrington is as good a three point shooter as Q or Crawford. He's not Peja but neither are they.

On what do you base Dalembert being any better than Marcus Camby. Camby is a very good defensive player with a better offensive game then Samuel Dalembert can hope to have. Dalembert just spent last season as Marc Jackson's back-up, but I guess comparing him to a hall of famer is fair.

y u talkin bad about jyd.......he was the reason we won alot of our games last year with his hustle and skill to come off the bench and make an impact

trading jyd=huge mistake

the fans will be mad and so will the players

Harrington is an average player for his position. He's talented, but does nothing particularly special. Even on that depleted Atlanta team, he could barely put up noteworthy numbers...

Dalembert offers something special - size AND freak athleticism. He can rebound and defend. I AM overvaluing him, simply b/c we NEED that type of player very badly.

Aright so I got a little to excited and Harrington can't shoot the 3. But that wasnever my point I don't know why I said he could. I guess i was more trying to say that Q and Crawford really aren't that great of shooters % wise. Harrington is maybe a #3 option on a contender, but he has a lot of other positive qualities.

i believe harrington was injured for a while last year 2......that could maybe lower his value a bit.....

harrington is a real good player.....but he is nothing more then a bench guy.....he doesnt have that talent that will wo u.....

maybe in a year or 2 hes stll young he can improve.........but at this point i would rather have tim thomas and trevor ariza starting.....

Harrington was traded for Stephen Jackson, who IMO, is a far better player. Harrington was valued by Atlanta b/c he's young. But he's nothing special. Trust me...

I think an eventual starting lineup of Dally, Frye, Ariza, Q, and Crawford would be one of the most exciting in the league...

acually q-rich is a good 3pnt shooter.......its just that he took 4000 3 pointers and 3900 of those shots wus takin with a hand in his face or him rushing it........

q-rich when open could be deadly he just needs to work on his shot selection like crawford did last year.......

i mean...u have to be pretty good to win the 3 pnt compitition....

Note: im not basing my arguement on the win of the 3pnt compitition

Look past one year and at what he did on the Pacers. The reason to get him is not because he'll be a star but because he's a team player and defender and valuable in a trade. You don't have to take Mashburn's contract for one year or McKie and Ollie to get him.

I like Dalembert and the guy's an athletic freak sure, but so was Marcus Haislip and look how far it got him. Dalembert backed up Marc Jackson. He might develop into a starting center and he might not. And I don't think that the Sixers want Marbury anyway.

Q played on a team with three All-NBA players one of them the MVP and one of the offseason's hottest free agents as well. Why the hell was he rushing shots? He's a decent 3 point shooter but clearly lacks shot selection. Granted we'll have to see because that was his role in Pheonix. But I'm not sure I buy that he was still wide open a lot.

i wouldnt call harrington a "team player"

but he was the runner up for the 6th man award when he was on the pacers.....and he did afterall come off the bench for artest and o'neal whitch he had no chance of starting over them.....

but i think we should try the artest thing....i would chance that......he is also a new york born....and if i remember correctly kurt thomas had an anger issue and he kinda calmed down.....

anger issue or not.........i think he can hold himself from droppin n e fans this year.......and ill take a few technicals from him as long as he can play that serious D that he brings.....

so marbury for artest and maybe someone(i doubt it but always try for more maybe a pick or somthing)

He was about to lose the contest to Voshon but I think he made the last rack nad came back to win the contest

the point i tried to make is that he has bad selection and if someone went to approach him he would rush the shot to get it off.........

that was my point......and he can shoot just needs to have a better shot selectoin