Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: CHAD FORD...straight outta the horse's mouth.

I mentioned this in another topic a way we an get dalembert

if we do the deal with atl. the sixers do need a sf.....they do not have one

there is a possiblity we can trade harrington for dalembert....

this way we get dalembert....we dump our contract....from teh other topic it says we get a pick and others....trade teh others keep the pick

atl happy
    phi-happy
    nyk-happy

Dude...if I'm Philly, I'd much rather have Dalembert and rely on Korver to spot most of the minutes at SF. Plus they have Iggy and Co. to provide just enough to make it a non-issue. And they still have the MLE, so they can always pick up a cheap backup.

I'm assuming, btw, that you mean Marbury goes to ATL, and Dalembert along /w/ Collier and a pick to NY, with Harrington and NY pick going to Philly.

That seems fair and all, but I don't think it's realistic. Just like if I'm Philly I'd rather just keep Dally, if I'm Atlanta I'd rather push for a Curry/Harrington swap.

Solid idea though.

I would give up Marbury for the right big man, but let's face it, the guys that are available right now are a gamble. If we can get Kwame Brown without trading Marbury, I'd be happier. I'm not saying that if the right deal comes along not to trade him, but Dalembert isn't worth that risk. He has potential, as does Swift and Brown. But getting Kwame would be the wisest choice in my opinion, and also has been talked about by the media for Mike Sweetney. Jordan must have seen something in him that his coaches in Washington haven't been able to tap into as of yet.

Originally Posted by WiL8000
    I would give up Marbury for the right big man, but let's face it, the guys that are available right now are a gamble. If we can get Kwame Brown without trading Marbury, I'd be happier. I'm not saying that if the right deal comes along not to trade him, but Dalembert isn't worth that risk. He has potential, as does Swift and Brown. But getting Kwame would be the wisest choice in my opinion, and also has been talked about by the media for Mike Sweetney. Jordan must have seen something in him that his coaches in Washington haven't been able to tap into as of yet.
    I agree 100%
    Marbury is the Knicks only blue chip. You don't trade hime for potential or bodies. Unless the Knicks decide to tank it for a while, then you either keep Marbury or you get "as close" to equal value. When I heard the Atlanta rumour, I stated in the forum that I liked the trade if Diaw was attatched to it.
    Marbury for Harrinton, Collier, Delk and Diaw... Would you agree that this is a good trade for the Knicks?

i would like harrington and childress better but that prolly wont happen

I've really been against trading Marbury recently, but I do like that deal if you're going to. Until recently my thinking was Marbury has to go no questions asked not that it would happen but this is a mess lets start over. Then I liked what Zeke has done so far this offseason and started hoping this would be a good year. It's also hard to ignore the reality that the Knicks are maybe more against rebuilding than any team in the NBA, so I guess I'm hoping this roster at least gets us in the playoffs while our young guys get better and we add more guys. I also think we need to settle on something soon so we're not constantly mediocre. So really I'm open to either, but like hometheaterguy I wouldn't give up Marbury unless we got something good. Maybe not as good talent wise, but as good team building wise. I don't think that Atlanta would do this:they have a great young group and I think that they have to move a wing or two but more for a young big than a veteran score first point with a huge long term deal.

But lets say Atlanta decided to do it, and I have indication that they're smart enough not to, I might do it. Especially if I can get something with Harrington, Q, or JC. I really like Diaw and if I watched more of him and was impressed I might rather him than Childress or at least value them equally. I'm not a big Childress guy and couldn't believe they took him over my man Lu Deng or Ande Ig, but he might give you good value if yoyu trade him.

The only reason I was such an ass in arguing with Bobs on this same issue is because he was annoying me to death. I disagreed with his arguments more than his whole point. Of course, I didn't really do a good job of expressing that and I should have just ignored him.

Al Harrington is not a terrible player, but with Ariza here and younger and definetly more assertive, why duplicate a roster spot that is already filled? Dalembert is really inconsistent. One good game 3 bad games, 1 monster game. With Frye, we're better off. Stromile Swift to this point has no jumper. He is in my opinion, not worth the MLE.