15 65.22%
  • Traded for Cap Space & Pick(s)

3 13.04%
  • Traded for Young Big Man

5 21.74%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: MARBURY STAYING OR LEAVING?

Default MARBURY STAYING OR LEAVING?

Whether or not it's for Dalembert, or for someone else, do you guys REALLY think Isiah is liable to trade him, and possibly for who?

I think hes staying Isiah Thomas likes Marbury a lot.

he will most likely stay.....im not sure if its the best thing for the knicks but he probably will remain in NY next year....or at least untill the allstar break

this trading marbury thing is scaring me.... why must ny always trade away the players that are so important to the knicks or famous in ny? i.e: spree, ewing, (maybe) marbury, camby, mark jackson, oakly, etc

If you'll notice, they traded Oakley for Camby who they traded for McDyss (not on your list) who they traded for Marbury. So I wouldn't lose hope if they decide to move Marbury. Although you can also notice that which each trade they got progressively worse, so who knows.

am i the only one pissed off? i would hate isiah for trading marbury, and to atlanta? there are rumors that say the knicks and hawks are talking about trading steph for harrington, delk, and collier. steph does not deserve this, the knicks is what he deserves

you can read the story here:
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

camby=injured

mcdyse=injured

ewing=old

spreewell=Ass

not like they gave up stars besides ewing.......camby was injury prone and same with mcdyse.......but latrel is garbage and over paid so who cares.....

Originally Posted by ny3nyk
    this trading marbury thing is scaring me.... why must ny always trade away the players that are so important to the knicks or famous in ny? i.e: spree, ewing, (maybe) marbury, camby, mark jackson, oakly, etc
    Don't mistake trading Marbury for the disaster that Layden did with Ewing! We wouldn't be in this mess if we just let his contract run out and offered him a coaching spot. Oak got us Camby which was a good deal at the time. I agree with you about Spree, but it was his attitude that got him ousted. SL was the worst thing to happen to NY and we are still reeling from his monsterous moves! But trading Marbury makes the biggest sense. He will be the catalyst to bringing in talent. If we are going to just let contracts run out and hinge our future on draft picks, them keep him, he is a draw at the gate.

If you get better by doing so then trade Marbury, but I think people are getting too overzealous and underestimating the team we can put on the court if we use the MLE wisely and make a move or two. Three college guys in the draft tells me Isiah thinks he can win right away, not championships but make the playoffs. Marbury is the best player and he can lead a team to the playoffs, you don't trade him unless you're still looking at a playoff team without him. If you get a player or two who keep you in the playoff hunt then maybe but I don't know if Zeke is in a huge rush to move Marbury for scraps and potential.

What the Knicks need is a great coach

Originally Posted by Ted
    What the Knicks need is a great coach
    If the Knicks got Larry Brown, Pat Riley, Chuck Daly out of retirement, Phil jackson, revived Red Auerbach from the dead and put them all on the bench together.... The Knicks still won't make the playoffs with the current roster and with the addition of player(s) brought in at the M/L/E! They need Talent in the way of Youth, ability and athleticism, and mix that in with a seasoned vet or 2. What they need to use wisely is the trading of Marbury. Sweetney is expendable.

Here's my thoughts:

The Lakers couldnt do **** with Kobe and Odom (injured some of the season though).

We have Marbury + better pieces and we did even worse. I think Marbury needs to be traded b/c, while he's better than guys like Parker and Billups, he doesnt play as solid defense, and is older with a horrendous contract. This is also a business, and while he's a fan favorite, you always need to look toward the future when tending to the present.

Originally Posted by NYK Way
    I think hes staying Isiah Thomas likes Marbury a lot.
    hey i like marbury a lot too, he's one of my favorite players even b4 he was on the knicks but i mean i guess the team could do without him considering nate and crawford who can play the point but honestly trading marbury could possibly be the best move the knicks could make or it could kill the team

either way, i don't think we can afford to play if safe this summer. we need to make a major move. you're right though - trading marbury could put us over the top or cripple us. i think that's the risk you have to make when you're in our situation though.

This is ridiculous. This team could compete for home court with a coach. ont know what roster everyone's looking at