MARBURY STAYING OR LEAVING?

Marbury - staying or leaving

• Total voters

Ted

Benchwarmer
That's ridiculous. Where's your argument? Youth, size, salary cap is not an argment explain how this is going to work to me and when you expect to win

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
the dalembert trade includes mckie ollie and mashburn, all terrible contracts. meaning it doesnt clear up cap space for us.

Ted

Benchwarmer
bobs3304 said:
well, in this case, Dalembert = Camby.

The factors are:

Youth

Potential

Future Cap Space

Size

Marbury's baggage...

That's your side?

How bout this. 20 8 vs. 7 4
There's my argument.

No GM in the league would make this deal with this roster and it's pointless because Philly doesn't want/need Marbury. I understand what you're saying and I agree that Zeke has not gone about this the right way whch is defense, reasonable contracts, and team play. But at this point with a legitimate shot at the playoff in at least the next two years you just can't trade your best player. I think that the biggest flaw in your argument is that Crawford can play the point. You have yet to identify how a jump shooter who didn't penatrate at all is suddenly going to play the 1 guard. I think that the problem and I know you're too arogant to listen is that you visualize a team on paper rather than on the court. Remember how the much less talented Knicks stormed into the playoffs two years ago? How the Knicks started out in first in the Atlantic for what almost half a season? Environment and energy are everything. Nate Rob could really be the catalyst we need coming off the bench.

bobs3304

Benchwarmer
Really not interested. Mashburn is expiring. Mckie can be waived for roster space, Ollie is solid off the bench. But you're right, cap space would most remain the same.

I'm referring more so to the Atlanta proposal.

IMO, if we're trading Marbury, it's for talent, cap space, and picks or legit size.

But, with Isiah's comments tonight, Marbury will likely stay atleast for this season...

Can't wait to see how Isiah pulls through this summer. Man, even with Kwame, the Sixers would be better than us. Fuck this shit...

Ted

Benchwarmer
Can't trade your best player for potential unless you've really done your homework. If Zeke thinks Dally is Deke I might buy it, if you think so it doesn't really sway me.

bobs3304

Benchwarmer
eh....

not anymore. isiah didnt say marbury is untouchable, but now it looks like he'll likely be staying now.

Ted

Benchwarmer
I give up. You made some coments that led me to believe that you knew something about basketball. You're as ass, but I thought maybe you were at least worth debating. These forums are useless with jerkoffs like you. Anyone interested in some decent comentry about the Knicks and the draft check out Knickerblogger.net

bobs3304

Benchwarmer
really? i didn't realize you were infallable. my bad.

i guess an athletic, shot blocking, young big man, cap space, picks, and identity are some of the things that we don't need.

peace.

Ted

Benchwarmer
calm down. An athletic bigman who is the only good defender on his team and does nothing offensively is not going to help a team of jump shooters.
Steph means everything to NY, the team is build around him no one else on the team can create and they need Marbury to do so. The defense is terrible and I love hardworking defense bt the Kings and Mavs did ok without it for sometime.

Ted

Benchwarmer
****He would do a ton if we still have Steph or some other legit point. I meant he does nothing without Steph.

Trin_Starr

Starter
After this season, Steph will be a $21mil expiring contract.

I hope that Isiah trades him and the team that gets him - buys out his expiring contract and then he signs on with Boston as a FA and destroys the shit of out the knicks in every game we play against them - and go on to win a championship with KG.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com

I hope that Isiah trades him and the team that gets him - buys out his expiring contract and then he signs on with Boston as a FA and destroys the shit of out the knicks in every game we play against them - and go on to win a championship with KG.
Me, too. Either that or I hope he goes on the Hawks. They have become a playoff team, and he might be able to win a round.

knicklover

Benchwarmer

:teeth:

They'll immediately go on a 5 game losing streak, he'll create at least 2 negative headlines, but a few people around here will still love him.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I would hate to see Marbury go to Boston, thats the last place I wanna see him go. I think he could bring a team like Atlanta to the 2nd round of the playoffs, the Hawks would be the perfect team for him.

paris401

Starter
unless he gets cut and can be signed for the vet. min, atlanta ain't taking him.. they have a nice young team down there, and their salary for next year is 40m . marbury puts em at 61m for a 2nd round berth??... i'd take my chances elsewhere...

D-Lee42fan

Benchwarmer
am i the only one pissed off? i would hate isiah for trading marbury, and to atlanta? there are rumors that say the knicks and hawks are talking about trading steph for harrington, delk, and collier. steph does not deserve this, the knicks is what he deserves

you can read the story here:
http://www2.realgm.com/src_wiretap_...y_validity_to_this_marbury/hawks_trade_rumor/

No! i would be pretty pissed off too! Well said ny3nyk, Marbury is not the problem in NY. He deserves to be there more than anyone. After seeing what Isiah is capable of, he probably would trade marbury away. Marbury is the Knicks, he needs to stay.

paris401

Starter
No! i would be pretty pissed off too! Well said ny3nyk, Marbury is not the problem in NY. He deserves to be there more than anyone. After seeing what Isiah is capable of, he probably would trade marbury away. Marbury is the Knicks, he needs to stay.

well then , lets give him an extention....