Im not very smart about NBA team Money, I was wondering.....

stephonmarbury8

Benchwarmer
Can we please get rid of Allan Houston, is there any chance of that happening, hes been saying he can regain his old form, but he hit one game winner and went back on the injured reserve list, enough is enough, cant we free alot of space and money to go after somebody good, if we get rid of that dude??

ny3nyk

Rotation player
with the new cba a team can waive a player and not pay luxury tax or something like that im not too sure but all i know is that the knicks have a chance to get rid of houston and save approximatly 40 mil over the next few years

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
basically if we dump him we end up still paying him, so id rather pay him to finish his career with us, thatn finish his career, getting paid at his house.

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
Plus if we waive him, his salary is still going to count against the cap, so we can't use that money to sign somebody else anyways.

Ted

Benchwarmer
You save a ton of money in luxury tax that's why there's speculation. Every talking head in the world think he's gone, but the Knicks have never been too worried about the luxury tax. If they keep him they have one too many jumpshooters so if he's cut I think it's mostly a basketball decision. I also have no idea about his health but he seems convinced he can play.

I don't see Houston simply being waived if he's healthy enough to play. Isiah has gone on record saying that he deserves respect because he's a veteran and he's been an all-star. Say what you want, but it would be classy to hold onto Houston. It's a lot on the luxury tax, but you're right. I don't think the Knicks have ever worried about that.

Jazzyknicks33

Benchwarmer
I still believe in Allan Houston. He was playing the best he had ever played in his career before he injury. He averaged 22.5 points a game. He never relied on slashing and athletic ability to dominate the game of basketball. He's a great shooter and WHEN he's healthy again he'll be a factor. Even though he's not worth the money he's getting paid and never was, there's nothing they can do about Scott Layden's mistake. I think it's worth it to keep him. Knick fans have to respect him for being very classy and he's always shown a desire to win.