Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Optimism 4 2005

Listen Bob I can't believe I wasted my time arguing with you. You haven't presented a convincing case. I know what you're saying and I disagree.

NO ONE WANTS HIM

If you say he's so bad in NY why would anyone take him?

Other teams are not stupid. You are right that the opinion is that you can't win with him and his salary is huge. Cleveland will be best off waiting as will Atlanta. I don't think anyone else wants him and unless you call Danny Ferry and say are you going to ruin LeBron's team with Marbury and he says yes or the Hawks say they want him I won't be convinced.

OK now Im done.

You're officially an idiot, and didn't read my entire post. You obviously browsed over it. Thank you for proving you're a big ***** and can't defend you're own convictions...

Lemme spell it our for you - this has less to do with Marbury and more to do with the team.

Grow up.

I understand your point. I'm also thinking about the team. I disagree with you. There is absolutely no way of knowing who's right becasue the Knicks can't both trade and not trade Marbury. I think that Thomas has done a good job with what he had and that this team could be ok with a few breaks. You think that this team is terrible and we should strip the team and rebuild from scratch. Both models are used and accepted in the NBA. There is no wrong or right here.

NO.....again, wow...

you're not ****in paying attention. I don't wanna strip the team. I like most of what we have. The only players I want traded are Marbury and another PF......that's it.

Try paying attention next time. Repeating myself 4 friggin times is starting to get annoying.

Edit: Actually, it was annoying after the first time...

the knicks would be better without marbury....unless we can get rid of the 8 friggin pf we have and get one good one......

Try learning how to interact with other people next time.

THat is what I call stripping the team. Without Marbury what do you have? Crawford, a jumpshooter who has the skill to play the point but has never shown any indication that he can. His biggest weakness last year was that we never drove and settled for shots, name a contender who doesn't have somone who can penatrate. Q, a jump shooter who can also post up but didn't get his own shot at all in Pheonix, didn't see him much in LA. Tim Thomas, a jump shooter who's afraid of the lane. Nate, the only guy who can penatrate. I really like him and I'm not a big believer in height, but 5-7 is pretty small and the biggest knock is that he's not a pure point. So you lose Marbury for a mini-Marbury? Nate is, in my opinion, best off coming in off the bench becasuse his weaknesses will be exposed in extensive minutes. Frye is a nice prospect but far from a sure thing. He's been labeled as soft and while I disagree he is no banger and I have some Qs about his athleticism. Sweets has not proven that he can start and Ariza had a pretty good rookie year at 19, but he's far from a star at this point. This team has a bunch of jump shooters and some young guys inside.
    Now, as for cap room. If you resign Ariza, Sweets, and take on a bigman in this magic trade you expect to find you're barely under in 07.

As I said Marbury is not that attractive and you have to find a team that's willing to take his contract instead of being patient. If LeBron wants to play with Marbury he can. But Cleveland has made their intentions to put jump shooters around LeBron pretty clear. If Ferry learned anything in San Antonio he won't do it. You put a good defensive group around LeBron and Drew Gooden and keep cap space and you're in good shape. Atlanta would be wise to continue with the youth movement and maybe get a Stro or a Curry.

So who else wants Marbury and has expiring contracts and young talent? Philly? Imagine Marbury, C-Webb, and A.I. putting you over the cap by themselves. I don't think they do it or he fits.

can somebody make a post that has to do something more important that trading marbury?!?!?! nobody knows for sure if he is, all i see in these topics are arguments with bobs and some other guy he pisses off

You've def. showed your true colors son. You're a cold-blooded Marbury-jocker. It's astounding, but you're not willing to admit that trading him is actually FAR BETTER for us in the near future.

If Isiah is willing to trade Marbury, offers will come. He was traded 3 times before genius. It's not that he's not a great player, it's that, unless we can land a premiere big man this summer, there's no point in keeping him. Like I've said before, I like Marbury's heart, but with the direction we appear to be going, he just doesn't fit in. If we don't trade him now, I doubt we'll ever be able to again.

The team will be better off without Marbury (for the 10 reasons I explained in detail. But hey, you could always root for him wherever he goes. Wouldn't surprise me if you were a Suns fan 3 years ago....

As much as I love Marbury, I do not believe he is gonna finish his career as a Knick. i guess the reason why I like Starbury so much is that for so many years I watched NBA level bums play the point at NY. For years I prayed for the day Charlie Ward and Howard Eisley would be gone, and we would finally have a stud point. Next year should be the year we access what Marbury is gonna be for us. If the team shows marked improvement, maybe we keep him around. If not, I'm sad to say, he's got to go.

Only thing that worries me about Nate is at 5 foot 7 how are his knees gonna hold up after a couple of years dunking like that. Little guys don't seem to last long.

Originally Posted by ny3nyk
    can somebody make a post that has to do something more important that trading marbury?!?!?! nobody knows for sure if he is, all i see in these topics are arguments with bobs and some other guy he pisses off

uhh, maybe theyre pissed off b/c what i'm saying makes perfect sense, and the truth hurts.

River Rocks, Port Rich (Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico PUNETA!!!)

doh, is this the "optimism for '05" thread or Bobs' private little spitoon? shades of horry-ainge permeate the air...as for '05, I'm visualizing Marv Albert all excited as he voices a "Nate to Ariza on the break, SLAM!!! that's something I want to see repeatedly this season (not as much as seeing Nate dunk on Shaq, Duncan and Ben Wallace)... Unlike Steph, I think Nate will improve Jamal's game big time. Jamal will thrive in the break with his fellow Seattle mate...I'm hoping the playbook doesn't revolve just around Steph: for example: I wanna see an insideout game with Q or Frye posting up and drawing doubleteams and feeding slashers. Most of all, I want to see what Isiah still has in his bag from now through the Feb deadline cause its obvious he's intent on results asap.

All hail King Bob!!!!!!

this is the "Bobs smacks all you bitches in the face with some cold, refreshing reality" Thread.

Hope you enjoyed.

Yes Bob you are so smart and articulate. you are such an internet thug.

You are entitled to your opinion, but other people, including Zeke and the Dolans, seem to disagree. If there was a good offer on the table I would take it, but if anyone is Zeke's man it's Steph and I see no one else who wants to takehis salary unless they give up a bad salary.

If he's traded lets talk then, otherwise it's all opinions of uninformed on lookers.