No, not Antoine Walker!!!!!

WiL8000

Rotation player
I know Isiah is looking for PF's and I keep hearing that he likes Walker. This would be the biggest mistake he could make in all the free agents out there. Walker has all the skill and size to be great, but if he hasn't reached his potential by now, he never will. Just look at those crazy shots of his at critical times for the C's. Not something the Knicks need on top of the problems they already have.

bobs3304

Benchwarmer
Um......relax Mod. I thought for a second you were reacting to some confirmation that Isiah was going full force after Walker or some shit.

Btw, when you're describing Walker....it sounds like you could be describing Marbury, except for the size part.

lol.........but you would never admit that.......would you.

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
walker definitely jacks up more 3s. hes either not strong enough or willing enough to bang with big PFs down low and if we signed him maybe he could play the 3 w q at the 2 and craw off the bench....id rather play sweets or lee at the PF than him honestly.

WiL8000

Rotation player
I would, and I've said that if we can move Marbury without comprimising the team, I'd do it in a second. I'm all for getting the team young and athletic. I like the young guys we have, Ariza, Crawford, Frye, Sweetney, these are good solid young players that will get better. The older guys on the Knicks are probably at their declining point, and have bad contracts... that speaks for itself. As I stated B4, Walker fits this category, don't sign him.

Ted

Benchwarmer
Walker didn't live up to what potential. He was as 1b to Pierce on a playoff team for years. He wasn't a top 5 pick no one thought he was great.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
WiL8000 said:
I would, and I've said that if we can move Marbury without comprimising the team, I'd do it in a second. I'm all for getting the team young and athletic. I like the young guys we have, Ariza, Crawford, Frye, Sweetney, these are good solid young players that will get better. The older guys on the Knicks are probably at their declining point, and have bad contracts... that speaks for itself. As I stated B4, Walker fits this category, don't sign him.

I disagree with you on Walker to an extent. He does take bad shots at times, I'll give you that. But, you know that he is a great ball handler and has good court vision. I feel if NY got Walker and put him in more of a "point" role, where he is running the offense, this would tow him in more and prevent him from jacking 3s all day. Would you agree that Walker and Marbury have a similiar game?

Ted

Benchwarmer
Well as far as comparing PGs and PFs then you can compare Marbury and Toine more than say Marbury and TD. Toine is not great but he's been one of the best players on a winning team for a number of years. In terms of winning now I think that he's our best option. But giving him a long-term deal is sort of scary. His defense would probably stick out more than on the good Celts defenses he's played for but the same or less as in Dallas. Offensively he is a great post player when he wants to be. I would be scared to death of how many threes we'd take and miss with Steph, Q, JC, and Toine unless we got General Patton as our coach. Then again TT jacks them up too so if you move him you get a better post player who loves threes for a player who doesn't know what the post is and loves threes.
Basically short term I think Toine helps us (probably) long term not so sure.

WHY WOULD YOU

PICKIN UP WALKER IS THE WORST THING THE KNICKS COULD DO HE HAS NO SHOT, SIZE OR ATTITUDE WE WOULD BE WAY BETTER OFF WIT STRO! U GUYS SHOULD WATCH OUT FOR NATE ROBINSON HE WILL BE A SUPERSTAR.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
Re: WHY WOULD YOU

IHUSTLA$STARKS3 said:
PICKIN UP WALKER IS THE WORST THING THE KNICKS COULD DO HE HAS NO SHOT, SIZE OR ATTITUDE WE WOULD BE WAY BETTER OFF WIT STRO! U GUYS SHOULD WATCH OUT FOR NATE ROBINSON HE WILL BE A SUPERSTAR.

Stromile swift is a potential head case from what I understand. Also, what has Swift done in this league? He comes off the bench and, at times, plays hard and other times he disappears. He is one of those guys that is described as, He has such Potential or He needs a change in scenary... Walker, at the very least, has proved that he can score... yes he is streaky, but all good shooters are streaky... and he can fall in love with the 3. Also, you are completely wrong on 1 other point.. No, the Knicks can't do better! The are capped out for the next 4 years, so they do not have the ability to sign; 1) a star 2) a very good player or 3) a good player. They need to do a sign and trade so that really limits what they can get. Walker will make an instant impact where as Swift is a crap shoot, as well as Kwame (which they probably won't get now). I think the Knicks have to try to make a trade for Walker, take the bad contract as well (which we all know that is how it is usualy done) like Blount. Try to sign Jerome James with part of the M/L/E (or maybe all). Play walker at the 3 and QR at the 2 SM at point as usual. JC can come off the bench and play both 2 and 1. If they want to go small and run, they can play QR, JC, SM at the same time. Frye can split time between the 4 and the 5. Then spot in the rest of the players as needed or for certain specialized lineups. 1 more thing about Swift; Don't get me wrong, I would take a chance on him for the right price. I have a feeling he is going to get much more than the M/L/E and he is not worth that money as he stands today.

ever since he made a free throw... that he was trying to miss so they could get the board and put it in for the win, ever since that i never wanted him a part of this team, plus hes a bostoner i cant be fan with that, disgrace to new york

remember in like the 2003 east finals martin b****h around walker pushed him post him dunked on him and he was like in his thrid year only and look what he did to the veteran and nets went to fianls that year

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
Knicks will not get walker i just read that he wont sign for the MLE and the celtics gm isnt dooing a sign and trade

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
i dont see the Celtics letting go of him anyway, he was good for them last year down the stretch, and with the addition of their great draft picks, Boston will be a strong team, and their gm wants walker there to help

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
Yes, Walker was pushed around by Martin a few years back. It's always been my opinion that walker needs to play the 3, not the 4. Especially since his game is totally a small forward. He is not paticularly strong for his size but he is agile. He also has tremendous instincts so he has the ability to quaterback a game, like a pg. Yes, he does take too many three point attempts in a game, but that usually results from him loosing confidence in his team mates. Something Marbury does as well. Also, not to beat a dead horse, but the knicks options are limited. They need to bring in a forace at the forward spot. Walker, along with Swift or Kwame, could cement these needs are give us tremendous force at the 3 and 4.

Ted

Benchwarmer
Teams have tried Walker at the 3, he's too slow. It would be like KVH at the 3 a couple years ago.

But I agree that if Zeke isn't in love with a young guy he can get (he knows young talent as evidenced by his draft record) than Walker is the guy who helps at the 4. The media bashes him, but all his teams have done is win from Kentucky to Boston to Dallas. He can play. And K-Mart can push around 90% of the guys in the league, that's what he does.

Jerome James is fat, lazy, and bad. He got 17 minutes on a team with no legit 5. He wouldn't even get minutes over Rose or Mo Taylor.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
Ted said:
Teams have tried Walker at the 3, he's too slow. It would be like KVH at the 3 a couple years ago.

But I agree that if Zeke isn't in love with a young guy he can get (he knows young talent as evidenced by his draft record) than Walker is the guy who helps at the 4. The media bashes him, but all his teams have done is win from Kentucky to Boston to Dallas. He can play. And K-Mart can push around 90% of the guys in the league, that's what he does.

Jerome James is fat, lazy, and bad. He got 17 minutes on a team with no legit 5. He wouldn't even get minutes over Rose or Mo Taylor.

You know Dallas had him play the 3 on many ocasions and he did fine, that wasn't where he failed with Dallas. His problem with Dallas was his his all around game didn't mesh well with Dirk and MF. Dallas had too many scorers for him, he was a misfit on that team. Boston had him spot at the 3 as well and that was during their big run. It seems now that Kwame isn't coming to the knicks so I think it is fair to say that their options are shrinking. Trading QR or JC for Kwame, the way he is now, not possible performance, is not worth it. No when we could grab JJ and play frye at the 4.

Ted

Benchwarmer
Toine can play the three better than a lot of guys in the league on offense, but he always ends up back at the 4 and I think it's because deensively he's too slow for the 3, but we aren't exactly going to be the Pistons on D, so who knows.

Just asking, but what makes you think that Jerome James is a starter?

To me 17 mpg when your competition is Vitaly, Fortson, and Swift isn't even a good season. And that was his best season ever.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
Ted said:
Toine can play the three better than a lot of guys in the league on offense, but he always ends up back at the 4 and I think it's because deensively he's too slow for the 3, but we aren't exactly going to be the Pistons on D, so who knows.

Just asking, but what makes you think that Jerome James is a starter?

To me 17 mpg when your competition is Vitaly, Fortson, and Swift isn't even a good season. And that was his best season ever.

He is gonna start because there isn't any one else they can get to plug up the middle at the m/l/e. I think he can play more than 17mpg and I think he will contibute but he is not the answer just a pice in the puzzle. He is 300lbs and he can block a shot. At the mid-level, in this day and age, he is worth it.

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
hes not big enough to really guard 4s without help and too slow to guard 3s. i just dont think he has any defensive intensity...hes more of an offensive player and we need more D. also, do you seriously think hed sign for the MLE when other teams will pay him a lot more?