Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No, not Antoine Walker!!!!!

Originally Posted by Ted
    Teams have tried Walker at the 3, he's too slow. It would be like KVH at the 3 a couple years ago.

But I agree that if Zeke isn't in love with a young guy he can get (he knows young talent as evidenced by his draft record) than Walker is the guy who helps at the 4. The media bashes him, but all his teams have done is win from Kentucky to Boston to Dallas. He can play. And K-Mart can push around 90% of the guys in the league, that's what he does.

Jerome James is fat, lazy, and bad. He got 17 minutes on a team with no legit 5. He wouldn't even get minutes over Rose or Mo Taylor.
    You know Dallas had him play the 3 on many ocasions and he did fine, that wasn't where he failed with Dallas. His problem with Dallas was his his all around game didn't mesh well with Dirk and MF. Dallas had too many scorers for him, he was a misfit on that team. Boston had him spot at the 3 as well and that was during their big run. It seems now that Kwame isn't coming to the knicks so I think it is fair to say that their options are shrinking. Trading QR or JC for Kwame, the way he is now, not possible performance, is not worth it. No when we could grab JJ and play frye at the 4.

Toine can play the three better than a lot of guys in the league on offense, but he always ends up back at the 4 and I think it's because deensively he's too slow for the 3, but we aren't exactly going to be the Pistons on D, so who knows.

Just asking, but what makes you think that Jerome James is a starter?

To me 17 mpg when your competition is Vitaly, Fortson, and Swift isn't even a good season. And that was his best season ever.

Originally Posted by Ted
    Toine can play the three better than a lot of guys in the league on offense, but he always ends up back at the 4 and I think it's because deensively he's too slow for the 3, but we aren't exactly going to be the Pistons on D, so who knows.

Just asking, but what makes you think that Jerome James is a starter?

To me 17 mpg when your competition is Vitaly, Fortson, and Swift isn't even a good season. And that was his best season ever.
    He is gonna start because there isn't any one else they can get to plug up the middle at the m/l/e. I think he can play more than 17mpg and I think he will contibute but he is not the answer just a pice in the puzzle. He is 300lbs and he can block a shot. At the mid-level, in this day and age, he is worth it.

Superstar

hes not big enough to really guard 4s without help and too slow to guard 3s. i just dont think he has any defensive intensity...hes more of an offensive player and we need more D. also, do you seriously think hed sign for the MLE when other teams will pay him a lot more?

all i gotta say is no....y even think of him...he fat and slow...

As far as Jerome James:
    I think Steven Hunter is a much better signing with the MLE seeing as he's 23, athletic, and one of the game's best shot blockers. The Suns cannot offer him more than the 1.7 exception seeing as they are set to sign Raja Bell. Dan Gadzuric, who is a great rebounder, is also better than James, but he's restricted and I don't know why the Bucks wouldn't match for $5 mill per. My favorite guy is Eddie Griffin, but I have heard nothing about his intentions or what kind of a market there is for him.

The point I'm trying to make with the 17 mpg is that's all he played competing with only Vitaly and Danny Fortson, so how many minutes does he get ahead of potential 5s Frye (assuming he can contribute right away), Sweetney, Rose, and Mo Taylor. James is 29 and has shown very little improvement or heart in 5 NBA seasons. The last thing the Knicks need is a stiff in the middle, even if he has good size.

He probably wouldn't start. With Frye at 4 and Sweetney at the 5 we're taller up front than we've been since we dealt Camby. I think an athletic guy who can block some shots and has some room to improve or a sign-and-trade is a better fit. Of course, now we won't get close to getting Kwame unless we give up Q becaue the Wiz are looking at 7 offers which include James Posey, Fred Jones, Caron Butler, and maybe Cat Mobley. If we can get him for Q I might do it and just leave TT as the starting 3 this year (unless Ariza can beat him out), considering 4 of the best execs in the league are making offers for him: West, Walsh/Bird, Mitch (maybe 3 of the best and one from a bigtime franchise), and Petrie.

River Rocks, Port Rich (Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico PUNETA!!!)

Seems Isiah is letting his Chicago roots cloud his vision on Walker, considering the guy sucks at the stripe and lacks D. Giving up Sweets would be a terrible deal (rather shove them with TT or Hardaway). He'll most probably settle on Hunter (same agent as Walker) and maybe be crafty enough to grab Jerome "J-Lazy" James or"Crazy Eddie" Griffin.

We would score more points with A. Walker but will will not be better defence wise. Our offense would be deadly with Marbury, Richardson and Walker. I have no idea where the D will come from.