Thread: Not our team, but....

Default Not our team, but....

Why on earth would Nate McMillian (loved and adored in Seattle) go to coach the Blazers for $1.5MM more. I mean the Blazers, then team that a very good and respected coach, Maurice cheeks could not get th repsect of the thugs like Darius Miles and company. Personally, I would have taken the $4.5MM Seatle was offering /If I weree Nate you could not pay me enough to coach the jailblaers.

Well you can do a lot with 1.5 millon dollars thats all he cared about was the ca$h

thats what most of the people in the NBA are about these days, even the coaches

I don't know if Nate ran for the money. I have no idea really and I'm sure it didn't hurt, but he might have been convinced by the Blazers young core and deep pockets. Also the speculation that he wanted to stay at home wasn't far off: Portland is as close as you can get to Seattle.

Ray Allen is overrated and 30. Can't help but think of Allan Houston. One great year and a good jump shot do not = max player on a team that probably won't go much over the cap and already has Rashard at or close to the max (also not a max player). Randolph is also no max player but at least he's a young guy who can score inside and rebound. But the thing is that the Blazers have no problem going to $100 mill if they're winning.

Telfair has tons of upside as he showed in the Summer League game against the Knicks. Webster has some skills.
    McMillan definitely showed you that he can motivate by getting that group in Seattle to play so well. They lose their second best player and get that much better. (Gives me hope for the Knicks). If he got Jerome James to look half decent imagine what he'll do with Theo (if healthy and not cut) and Joel. Can he get Miles to play hard? Seattle may well be a one hit wonder with long term deals, Portland on the other hand is a young team with some talent who needs a coach to mold them.

Superstar

exactly, maybe he felt last season was a fluke and didnt want to risk his reputation if they bomb this year. if portland stinks theres always the excuse that theyre young

Last year may have been a fluke cause of the players he got to win but make no mistake I think McMillan will prove to be a very good coach for a long time.

How come the Knicks couldn't come up with the $7 million to hire him instead???

Superstar

location location location. hes been in seattle his whole life and portland is 150 miles away

i dont see him making a good enough impact, Portland will underachieve again