Game Thread: Summer League: NYK-90 vs ORL-87: WIN

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
This is the Official Game Thread. All game notes,predictions,in-game observations etc. belong in this thread. All game threads are created by Peach_NYK_21, and Brian_Coleman_21.
vegas224ig.gif

kolnyk36fg.gif
VS
kolorl30fk.gif

NEW YORK KNICKS (1-1) VS. ORLANDO MAGIC (0-1)

nate_robinson.jpg
-
jameer_nelson.jpg
NATE ROBINSON - JAMEER NELSON
trevor_ariza.jpg
-
reban9bd.jpg
TREVOR ARIZA - RICH MELZER
david_lee.jpg
-
reban9bd.jpg
DAVID LEE - JASON KLOTZ
channing_frye.jpg
-
dwight_howard.jpg
CHANNING FRYE - DWIGHT HOWARD
bruno_sundov.jpg
-
reban9bd.jpg
BRUNO SUNDOV - ROB LITTLE

VEGAS SUMMERLEAGUE STATS/STANDINGS

KNICKS summerleague HOME

MAGIC summerleague HOME

rady

Administrator
Staff member
do you have any idea if it will be aired by some radio station available online.. or will at least the courtside live box work?

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
KNICKERBOCKER said:
go on the official website which ios lasvegasummerlueage.com or something like that they have the macthups

ive been to that site, which is how i got the links at the bottom of the original post, but i can only find rosters, no match ups

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
nate robinson reminds me of a younger version of stephon.....

very strong......good penetration......can shoot ok.....but from what ive heard he plays good D witch marbury cant....

Can robinson be a starter?? from what ive seen this game i say YES u may all disagree because of his lack of experience and what not.....but the kid can play......havine zeke watch robinson dominate these few games and ones in teh future could help his decion to dump marbury

nyk33334

Benchwarmer
anyone catch that dunk by nate robinson today vs orlando? Similar to jamal crawfords shoot-miss-rebound-dunk? It didn't count in the game, but it was fun watching nate get up there. Another thing bout the game vs orlando earlier. Frye did alright, he still has work on his rebounding. David Lee & Nate hit a few clutch free throws. Lee really needs to finish. David works hard to get a good position to shoot/dunk, but sometimes he fails to score. Atlest he intimidates other defenders to foul him and send him to the charity stripe, and Lee is ok at free throws.

:hump: Lets Go Knicks! :hump:

33-Patrick Ewing
3-John Starks
34- Charles Oakley

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
What i learned from this game is that Isiah really knew what he was doing in the draft.. yes Frye has some work to do, but he has flashes were you can really see him being a good center, also has some range i was unaware of... but the big story has to be Nate, i am really happy about the QRich deal, im more than happy to give up KT for Q, and Nate, he is a great guard, with tons of speed, tons of muscle, and tons of heart.. this guy is great.. I'm also pleasantly pleased with David Lee, hes turning out to be not so bad after all.. didnt really bring his offense, but those shots will fall, great defender and great rebounder... thanks isiah, he really went above and beyond through the draft

KNICKSCALI

Benchwarmer
man, can't wait for the season. i loved how on one play nate just went head to head with dwight howard and just took it to him. and nate makes everyone better on the floor, there was one dime he had that even made bruno look good. ariza looked sharp too, 8-10 shooting i think (something like that, i just know he only missed two shots). and frye and lee are work horse, taking care of business.

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
oh yeah, how could I forget Ariza.. hes out on a bit more muscle since we've last saw him, and its really improved his game.. as you said, he looked "sharp".. he was very officiant in the time he played

Blumatic

Rotation player
You know are team is looking pretty good. Do you think Steph has the help he needed? It helps to have a true point in Nate to come off the bench. Steph is great in the half-court and Nate excels in the full court. Q is a strong 2 who can score in the post an Crawford is definately top 6th-man material. Stephs minutes have to be cut down some definatly but the team will be solid in the backcourt. Oh and Trevor....Man this guy might be a start by mid-season.

But hey we have to play the game to see.

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
things that make me happy - nate with 24 and 3 stls. lee 10 and 7. frye 14 and 6. 12 offensived boards. 47/58 FTs.

portega1968

El Cacique
Nate and Trevor will basically be gods at MSG. I consider them untouchables for the next decade at the least. Their alleyoops will become legendary, especially when Nate is on the receiving end. Trevor will be the .50 caliber casing for Nate's desert eagle.

Frye needs work and is not starting come november, anyone who ever thought that was the case is just a wishful thinker. But focusing on his bright side, Frye gets to the line and makes them. 10 of 10 free throws? NICE!!!

On the other hand, Nate is ready for 15-20 mins off the bench to better manage Stephon's minutes (should play no more than 32 minutes per night through at least Feb for his own good to mitigate the wear and tear on his ankles that are in worse condition than his knees and are the true reason for him getting always torched off the dribble..

David Lee mitigates Sweets inevitable departure. Just as relentless as Nasty Nate. Needs to learn how to convert them Oboards or at least kick it out.

Jackie Butler needs time at the NBDL.

Ted

Benchwarmer
Portega: I don't know if Sweetney's departure is inevitable, likely but not inevitable.

Nate and Trevor will be fan favorites and each looks like he might develop into a dynamic role player. Almost untouchable unless it's for a legit All-NBA guy.

Peach: Every team in both conference finals this past year was below 22nd in the league in FT% last year so I'm not too worried about it. We have much bigger fish to fry.

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
Ted said:
Peach: Every team in both conference finals this past year was below 22nd in the league in FT% last year so I'm not too worried about it. We have much bigger fish to fry.

i know, but i was just pointing out that we fixed, atleast for the most part, a small problem, glad we fixed something... we lost too many games/let teams stay in the game with missed free throws last season

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
if you didnt catch the game they have a small highlight clip on nba.com... (top right, under Summer League:Knicks-Magic,, with a caption of Nate above it )