Game Thread: Vegas Summer League: NYK-80 vs WAS-71

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
This is the Official Game Thread. All game notes,predictions,in-game observations etc. belong in this thread. All game threads are created by Peach_NYK_21, and Brian_Coleman_21.
vegas224ig.gif

kolnyk36fg.gif
VS
kolorl30fk.gif

NEW YORK KNICKS (2-1) VS. WASHINGTON WIZARDS (0-1)

nate_robinson.jpg
-
2004Draft_Fitch_Gerald.jpg
NATE ROBINSON - GERALD FITCH
trevor_ariza.jpg
-
donell_taylor.jpg
TREVOR ARIZA - DONNELL TAYLOR
david_lee.jpg
-
hiram_fuller.jpg
DAVID LEE - HIRAM FULLER
channing_frye.jpg
-
andray_blatche.jpg
CHANNING FRYE - ANDRAY BLATCHE
bruno_sundov.jpg
-
peter_john_ramos.jpg
BRUNO SUNDOV - PETER RAMOS

VEGAS SUMMERLEAGUE STATS/STANDINGS

KNICKS summerleague HOME

WIZARDS summerleague HOME

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
I cant wait for this game, I want to see Nate again, hes so much fun to watch.. I hope Channing gets the ball down low a bit more to work on his inside game.. I just want to see a strong performance

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
pyotrveliky said:
interesting channing is starting at the 4

well last game both Bruno and Channing started.. it looked as though Channing was playing more center, but Bruno is bigger, so i put him there... :)

portega1968

El Cacique
Knicks lead 45-33 at halftime... Nate and David Lee are making Isiah look very smart... Can I be the first to say I TOLD YOU SO when it comes to Channing Frye (check out the Official Draft Thread) the guy isn't what he was hyped to be: he is money at the stripe, has a good midrange shot and plays good offtheball defense, but that means he's fit to play the 4 more than the 5 (like we need another pf) but he absolutely stinks on the boards and on post D (PJ Ramos is from PR and I can tell you that if he's eating up Frye it means there isn't much we can get from him at the 5 for a loooooopng time)...Gerald Green was the better choice with the 8th pick but no use in crying now. Its just that I can hear all the fools that wanted this Frye kid eventually realize this was not the right pick.

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
Nate Robinson has quickly become the fan favorite of the Reebok Vegas Summer League. The 5'9" New York Knick point guard put together another great game, scoring 19 points (8-14 FG) and grabbing six rebounds as the Knicks beat the Washington Wizards 80-71.

New York started the game on fire hitting 72 percent (13-18) of their shots in the opening quarter to take a 31-19 lead at the end of one, and never looked back.

David Lee chipped in 13 points (5-7 FG) and six rebounds in the winning effort. The Knicks finished the game shooting 50 percent (33-66 FG).

Donnell Taylor led the Wizards with 14 points (3-7 FG, 7-10 FT), a day after hitting the winning jump shot with .5 seconds left against the New Orleans Hornets. Gerald Fitch pitched in 12 points (4-12 FG), while Andray Blatche had 10 points (4-9 FG) and seven rebounds.

Washington shot 42 percent (26-62 FG) for the game.

New York had a 48-38 advantage in points in the paint and a 24-12 advantage in points off turnovers.

The Wizards finished the game with only two team assists.

The Knicks take on the New Jersey Nets on Monday at 7 p.m., while the Wizards battle the Golden State Warriors on Monday at 1 p.m.

summer league