Can please somebody give me some answers!!!

stephonmarbury8

Benchwarmer
I am a huge stephon marbury fan, the biggest fan in the world i would bet, but every site I go to, everything I read, it seems that everybody is against him, if you asked the media who stephon marbury they would probably reply, "the devil" , I know everybody dont like him like I do, but he is a good guy and a tremendous basketball player, but to everybody else he is a no good person who deserves to ride the bench. The last time i checked there is only one other person other than stephon who has put up 20 and 8 over his career.

ps: that aint bad

sincerely,
ONLY MARBURY FAN ON THIS PLANET

bobs3304

Benchwarmer
IF YOU WANNA LEARN WHY HE SHOULD BE DEALT, READ THE "OPTIMISM 4 2005" THREAD BUDDY.

UR WELCOME 4 THE CAPS...

Ted

Benchwarmer
Marbury is a very good player and I'm sure he's not a bad person. The reason people knock him is because he has a big ego and has thus far been somewhat uncoachable and underacheiving. Now he has also been the victim of circumstance. He left all three previous teams right before their talent matured. Of course he has forced his way out or been run out of town all three times.

I think that the major problem with Marbury is that he has to get his way, also he doesn't really try on defense. He has produced and is by far the Knicks best player (it's not even close). No one is saying he should ride the bench, just that he dominates the ball on offense and needs to show that he can play in a system where other guys do more than shoot jumpers or catch allyoops. He really needs a coach who commands his respect. Otherwise it seems like he just does whatever he wants.

If he does get traded I think that the best situation for him is one where the team already has a All-NBA type star and a well established coach. But I don't think he gets traded.

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
Ted said:
He left all three previous teams right before their talent matured. Of course he has forced his way out or been run out of town all three times.

he didnt ask to get traded from New Jersey, Minnesota, or Phoenix... he didnt just say oh im bored im going to leave, those teams were losing and they had to trade a great player in Marbury in order to get more good players, hes been traded because hes an easy player to trade.

i think if we perform well this year, we should see less marbury bashing.. hes the best player on our team, and when things arent going well its natural for people to turn to him...

Ted

Benchwarmer
Peach_NYK_21 said:
Ted said:
He left all three previous teams right before their talent matured. Of course he has forced his way out or been run out of town all three times.

he didnt ask to get traded from New Jersey, Minnesota, or Phoenix... he didnt just say oh im bored im going to leave, those teams were losing and they had to trade a great player in Marbury in order to get more good players, hes been traded because hes an easy player to trade.

i think if we perform well this year, we should see less marbury bashing.. hes the best player on our team, and when things arent going well its natural for people to turn to him...

He's a very good player, no doubt. He's not so easy to trade anymore because of his contract and age.

He did force his way out of Minnesota. They did not WANT to trade him for Terrell Brandon. Imagine the promise of a KG/Steph combo. He made it known that he would not resign with them and wanted to go home to NY, but the Nets had more to offer than the Knicks so they got it done. NJ got a better player in JKidd, but Marbury's inability to get along with their other star, KVH, made it difficult to imagine them winning together. I don't know the details in Phx, but I heard that they had chemistry issues. And it shows if you look at them going from 8 seed to lottery with him then 1 seed the year after he left. Marbury has always had issues with the other stars on his team.

You can't bash Marbury's game, but we will have to win before his attitude and ego stop getting called into question. Because they should be called into question. THe problem is deeper than the Knicks not doing well: none of his teams have done well and as soon as he leaves the same group with a different PG does extremely well. I also recognize that this is also due to the maturation of young players, but at some point that becomes an excuse if he never starts winning.

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
at this point i think it will be hard to trade him. we should have traded him 1 year ago when i was clamoring for isiah thomas to do so. at that time, everyone was calling me crazy. i also wanted to trade allan houston, but that idea seemed crazy to everyone as well.

i proposed several trades, such as to portland for young stars like outlaw, telfair and webster.

but that ship has sailed. at this point, we probably wont get enough in return for marbury to make trading him a viable option. i think we just have to live with him on our team. hes not a bad player, at all. in fact, he is very good. if he was 24, the entire league would be salivating over his talents.

hes just not a franchise player.

i actually want to trade crawford, desperately. we already have a 3 point shooter in Q now. craw is too skinny and too one dimensional for a two guard. he will never be an all star. watch and see.

maybe memphis will take him in return for stromile swift.

but again, isiahs ego is too big and he probably wont wanna trade crawford until the rest of the league realizes that he sucks. THEN, he will try to trade him.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
Marbury is still tradeable. He is considered in the NBA circle as a top guard and his name can put people in the seats. Atlanta would take him, as well as Toronto and from some of the whispers, Philly. The question is can Marbury bring back a top player in return? Marbury has value, but he needs to be on a team that will let him be the man. He needs to control everything and wants to shoot first. Atlanta would be good for him, but he might not want to go there. To stephonmarbury8, I can understand you liking Marbury, and my comments weren't because I dislike Marbury. I have been an advocate of trading him this year because I feel he is the only guy that can bring back pieces for the future of this team. I also think as good as a player he is, he is a bad point guard. The east is getting big and we can't wim with a 6'1" guard being the #1 option. He doesn't spread the ball around and doesn't lift the players up around him like a PG that is held at such high regards as Steph is held. NK needs size and length inorder to compete with Miami and Detroit. The Knicks are so small right now, they will be bullied on the court unless they make some moves. Steph is also to eratic to be the primary offensive option. With JC and QR, we just don't need all three of these guys on the same team. They all play similar games! If we keep Marbury then we need to trade JC or QR. But, they are all years younger than Steph so that wouldn't make sense. I am starting to think that Isiah isn't going to trade him anyway so this might be a mute point. But if Isiah is going to do a sign and trade, than Steph is the only player that can bring in an impact player.

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
he is tradeable, but we wont get as much from him as we would have a year ago. his trade value has gone down.

would atlanta be willing to give up

salim stoudamire, marvin williams, and al jefferson

for

marbury??

probably not. at most we would get one of their promising young players. there was a time when we really could have gotten two lottery pick type young players easily in return for marbury. heck, we gave up lampei and a 1st rd pick to get marbury. and we took on pennys atrocious contract.

anyway, it really doesnt matter. i think isiahs ego is just way too big that he would admit that he made a mistake by getting players such as marbury and crawford. even though a logical gm might trade them, he wouldnt.

if isiah says the guys like marbury and crawford arent going anywhere, we really shouldnt take the time to talk about it. its not gonna happen. while its fun to fantasize about getting rid of marbury and crawford in return for potential all stars, if its just a delusional fantasy, i guess its a waste of time to even think about it...

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
a knick fan said:
he is tradeable, but we wont get as much from him as we would have a year ago. his trade value has gone down.

would atlanta be willing to give up

salim stoudamire, marvin williams, and al jefferson

for

marbury??

probably not. at most we would get one of their promising young players. there was a time when we really could have gotten two lottery pick type young players easily in return for marbury. heck, we gave up lampei and a 1st rd pick to get marbury. and we took on pennys atrocious contract.

anyway, it really doesnt matter. i think isiahs ego is just way too big that he would admit that he made a mistake by getting players such as marbury and crawford. even though a logical gm might trade them, he wouldnt.

if isiah says the guys like marbury and crawford arent going anywhere, we really shouldnt take the time to talk about it. its not gonna happen. while its fun to fantasize about getting rid of marbury and crawford in return for potential all stars, if its just a delusional fantasy, i guess its a waste of time to even think about it...

Did you mean Al Harrington? If so, I would trade Marbury for Harrington IF we got some other key players as well. I do not want Salim! He is too unstable both on and off the court. Again, he is an undersized 2 guard so you would essetially be getting the same game back with a little more accurate shooting from the perimiter. As far as Isiah trading him, you are probably right, he most likely won't trade him. But that means that Isiah's off season move(s) were trading a 6'9" forward that lead the team in double doubles, scoring and rebounding for another guard that hoists up 3 pointers and doesn't play any D. If he manages to get, say, Jerome James that that was hi total off season moves (not counting the draft). I see this team being worse than it was last season. Smaller and weaker. With (if we get him) JJ... slower!