IS IT REALLY ALL HIS FAULT?

jayjay

Rookie
:user:

From knicks forum to knicks forum there seems to be a bunch of haters on Marbury i just wanna express myself and see what are ya'll thoughts.

if this has bin posted somewhere already i apologize but i wanna make sure its read. i'm posting it in multiple forums because i want as much feedback as i can get.

i wish a team would get marbury a Legit bigman alongside him and no not in there rookie year like every single team he's been on...what guard really has ever won without a great 4 or 5 by there side and i like i said NOT in there ROOKIE year your not gonna be much of a winner without an atleast close to legit shotblocking/rebounding bigman really think about that and you tell me who in marbury's era i repeat in HIS ERA meaning 95 - NOW that has won a championship or even had success in the playoffs without an atleast capable shotblocking/rebounding 4 or 5 along side of them. NOT IN THERE ROOKIE SEASON! oh yea and marbury did carry teams to the playoffs back 2 back seasons with phoenix & the knicks
since everyone wants to make it seem like he's never taken a team to the playoffs

someone respond and give me good examples and not try to be a jerk about getting off subject and finding something else about him you don't like thats all i ask.

"smh(shaking my head) at how the media loves to confuse situations." - StarBury Supporter

Ted

Benchwarmer
It's a valid point that Marbury has always played on young teams. The questions come from the fact that he has worn out his welcome before those teams have a chance to develop.

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
its true marbuy took the knicks to the playoffs.......with a LOSING RECORD.....we were sum like 10 games under 500

jayjay

Rookie
I mean thats true but not neccessarilly really if you think back on it that only applied to the TimberWolves and somewhat New Jersey when you think of the Nets who wouldn't be frustrated for the years he was a member of the team what moves did they really make to try to surround Marbury with better players i mean i dont think anyone could stand being on a losing team year after year and have you're team not even make an attempt to build a winning organization yes they drafted Kenyon Martin but that season was so injury ridden for the whole team i dont think he ever got a fair chance then the situation with phoenix he took them to the playoffs then the second season with them was injury ridden also and they were losing so phoenix decided to free up cap space and traded him and penny due to there huge contracts i dont think it was anything against Marbury as a player it was more in terms of moving his & Penny's contract.

and also yes Marbury has bin traded 4 times and one he forced the trade but as much as everyone praises Kidd he also was traded 3 times and only had true success at around 29 - 30 with no ring Marbury is 28 he has a good 3 or 4 years in him left to produce at this high level and silence his critics

stephonmarbury8

Benchwarmer
I wanna sum up his situation

Minn- good sitution, was maturing tho

NJ- had absoletly none of the talent j-kid had, plus injuries

Phx- did well, but amare was nothing like he was his rookie year

NY- give it time, and i think NY can make a run to control the east.

jayjay

Rookie
stephonmarbury8 Posted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 20:22 PM Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wanna sum up his situation

Minn- good sitution, was maturing tho

NJ- had absoletly none of the talent j-kid had, plus injuries

Phx- did well, but amare was nothing like he was his rookie year

NY- give it time, and i think NY can make a run to control the east.

:peace: YOU'RE THE MAN!

i dont think it could be put any better than how you just put it that gave me a satisfying feeling.

God Bless You

GD 8

Rookie
i completely agree.he's been unlucky throughout his entire career and in spite of that look at his numbers.i'm gonna say it once again just give starbury a legitimate roster including a proved 4 or 5 guy and he will lead the knicks in another level.i also read in a different topic that he is a shooting guard trapped in a pg's body.that's so incorrect.there are two kinds of pgs in basketball.the ones that can score and the ones that can't.for example steph,baron,franchise have the ability to score while tinsley,kidd etc do that occasionally or even rarely.the fact that marbs can score does not mean that he's not a true pg.that has nothing to do with that and the proof is his 8+ assists.anyways marbury should really stay in the knicks as their symbol,best player,fan and famous new york native point guards

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
its not marburys fault....hes a pretty good player...its just that hes getting old and has an exorbitant contract, and when then contract will be up, he will be on the decline in his career, or close to it. point guards have short careers. isiah thomas retired at age 33.

if we can get 2-3 great prospects or young players in return for marbury, i woudl do the trade, because we are not in a "win now" mode...we are rebuilding...wit marbury here we still wont be able to win a championship because weve still just got too many pieces to the puzzle to add...so why might as well see if we can get something good in return for him. if not, oh well, hes a good player, lets keep him and hope to work some other trade or hope that nate dog and ariza and sweets develop faster than expected