Jamal expendable?

portega1968

El Cacique
Is Jamal the odd man out?

The arrival of Q and the fact Nate is better suited as backup PG may have made Jamal expendable.

With Larry Hughes' departure from the Wiz and Isiah's interest in Kwame Brown, we may well see Jamal/Sweets for Kwame (that would be 2much for Kwame.

9man rotation next season: starting Steph, Q, TT, Mo and Kwame with backups Nate, Ariza, Lee and Steven Hunter (MLE). Malik Rose's 4year deal should be waived. Houston should be kept. Frye and JYD would finish the bench. TT and Penny will be goners come Feb (unless TT finally break through). Our halfcourt offense should be insideout with Q, Mo and TT posting up instead os Stephon pick and rolling off the top of the key.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
portega1968 said:

The arrival of Q and the fact Nate is better suited as backup PG may have made Jamal expendable.

With Larry Hughes' departure from the Wiz and Isiah's interest in Kwame Brown, we may well see Jamal/Sweets for Kwame (that would be 2much for Kwame.

9man rotation next season: starting Steph, Q, TT, Mo and Kwame with backups Nate, Ariza, Lee and Steven Hunter (MLE). Malik Rose's 4year deal should be waived. Houston should be kept. Frye and JYD would finish the bench. TT and Penny will be goners come Feb (unless TT finally break through). Our halfcourt offense should be insideout with Q, Mo and TT posting up instead os Stephon pick and rolling off the top of the key.

I agree that we should go with the inside outside game but I see JC and QR flanking the outside for the kick out. JC is more accurate from long distant than steph and he can break down a defender better if he chooses to drive. But the porblem we would have, even with Kwame, is that no one demands a double team to free up the outside shooter for a clear look. That is why I have been screaming for Walker. He will get double teamed if he posts anywhere within 15 feet of the rim. He has the ability to pass out of a double team and he can do exactly what Steph does, drive and kick out. Even if, by some miracle, we talk Swift into signing for the mid level, he still doean't have the respect from teams to get the double team.

Blumatic

Rotation player
hometheaterguy said:
portega1968 said:

I agree that we should go with the inside outside game but I see JC and QR flanking the outside for the kick out. JC is more accurate from long distant than steph and he can break down a defender better if he chooses to drive. But the porblem we would have, even with Kwame, is that no one demands a double team to free up the outside shooter for a clear look. That is why I have been screaming for Walker. He will get double teamed if he posts anywhere within 15 feet of the rim. He has the ability to pass out of a double team and he can do exactly what Steph does, drive and kick out. Even if, by some miracle, we talk Swift into signing for the mid level, he still doean't have the respect from teams to get the double team.

Personally i dont like Walker b/c of his attitude. and he can become very inefficient at times, but you mad good point about him.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
I don't view Walker as having an attitude problem. With his first go aroung with Boston, he didn't get along with Pierce so this whole thing was blown way out. When coming back to Boston he went out of his way to do what ever was asked of him both on and off the court. He even put out a letter to the people of Boston thanking them for accepting him back. That is not someone with an attitude problem.

Ted

Benchwarmer
hometheaterguy said:
portega1968 said:

The thing that strikes me most here is that Mo Taylor is not a starter at the 4. Not unless he's busting his butt all offseason and loses 50 pounds and gains some heart.

Malik Rose is waived and Mo is the starter?

I tend to agree with hometheaterguy. JC is probably not going anywhere (although if he is the Wiz might have a little interest) and Toine is the best player you might get at the MLE. I also like Eddie Griffin, but no one (in the media) is talking about that as a possibility and people don't tend to leave KG's side by choice (except Marbury).

portega1968

El Cacique
'Toine isn't coming for the MLE as stated by his agent and Boston isn't trading with a division rival as said by Ainge. The only ones available for the MLE are Jerome James or Steven Hunter.

I believe TT or Q will command double teams in the post and either can pop the 3.

Considering the Wizards have been offered Caron Butler or James Posey, they won't have to accept Sweets/JYD for Kwame, thus Isiah's only chance is to ship Jamal.

Mo isn't a starter because of his defense, but he is a monster posting up and can command a double in the block if he starts and gets hot, which would leave us TT and Q popping 3s. All we need from him is like 20 minutes a night.

Steven Hunter, Kwame, Ariza, Q and Nate should be quite a tandem in the fast break

ny3nyk

Rotation player
i think frye should start at the 5 instead of brown. i dont even think the deal of jamal/sweets for brown is worth it. i still have faith in sweets and tt to step their game up next season

rady

Administrator
Staff member
OT:
about quoting.. if you didn't read the rules fully, i'll sumarize a bit
never quote the last post. if you really want to do that then quote only the most important phrase.
also, when you quote somebody try to cut out the other quotations existent in his post
it makes the posts look ugly and it's wasting valuable space

thanks

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
portega1968 said:
'Toine isn't coming for the MLE as stated by his agent and Boston isn't trading with a division rival as said by Ainge. The only ones available for the MLE are Jerome James or Steven Hunter.

Walkers agent said that a sign and trade is possible, and here's a quote from newsday:
If the Knicks go the sign-and-trade route for another power forward, Boston's Antoine Walker might be the top target. Celtics president Danny Ainge recently said it's unlikely he would trade Walker to a division rival, but agent Mark Bartelstein suggested Boston's youth movement could force Ainge's hand.

"Isiah and I have talked, and they definitely have the door open," Bartelstein said. "It's complicated to do a sign-and-trade, but the Knicks are the biggest stage, and I know Antoine would thrive there. I think there's intense interest, and he loves to be under the lights."

If the Knicks really want walker than there is always away to get a player. Like I said before, it will probably cost us in the way of taking back a bad contract(s) with Walker. If we could give them someone like TT who's contract expires this season, take back contract(s) and maybe one of the first round picks we have, I think Boston will do it. it suites them too make the trade, division rival or not, it would be a good business move for them. They are talking about trading Pierce for Artest so they are obviously cleaning house, or at least thinking about it.

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
Kwame couldn't come by himself, the contracts don't match. Wiz would have to come with more. Jamal is really a factor, cause washington still has Juan Dixon. He played really well in Hughes' absence, and may be the incumbent starter. Plus he works hard on defense and is extremely coachable. Where Jamal on the other hand took to much time in to being Marbury's sidekick in stupidity. All the poor shot selections, did nothing to raise his marketability. He actually took two steps back last year. Hopefully he comes back with a clear head and renewed vigor.

nyk33334

Benchwarmer
Nobody's perfect, specially not Jamal. We can't expect him to fill the shoes of Allan Houston right away. Jamal IS overrated, but he isn't a bad player. Atleast he isn't THAT bad. And he is young. And he's shown some improvement from his chicago days. I'd rather lose Marbury's heavy contract. Stephon is overrated.