Game Thread: Vegas Summer League: NYK vs NJN: 7/11-7:00pmEST

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
This is the Official Game Thread. All game notes,predictions,in-game observations etc. belong in this thread. All game threads are created by Peach_NYK_21, and Brian_Coleman_21.

vegas224ig.gif

kolnyk36fg.gif
VS
kolorl30fk.gif

NEW YORK KNICKS (3-1) VS. NEW JERSEY NETS (0-4)

nate_robinson.jpg
-
derrick_zimmerman.jpg
NATE ROBINSON - DERRICK ZIMMERMAN
trevor_ariza.jpg
-
melvin20bo.jpg
TREVOR ARIZA - MELVIN SANDERS
david_lee.jpg
-
antoine_wright.jpg
DAVID LEE - ANTOINE WRIGHT
channing_frye.jpg
-
reban9bd.jpg
CHANNING FRYE - ELLIS MYLES
bruno_sundov.jpg
-
jelani_mccoy.jpg
BRUNO SUNDOV - JELANI McCOY

VEGAS SUMMERLEAGUE STATS/STANDINGS

KNICKS summerleague HOME

NETS summerleague HOME

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
I say they should be starting jackie butler at the 5 not bruno sundov

jackie's last game left a good impression on me and bruno should just be cut imeaditly!

portega1968

El Cacique
game will be on tape delay...nevertheless, draftexpress.com has an update after each half of every summer league game, so there should be one posted by haltime (8:30pm est)

portega1968

El Cacique
Knicks beat New Jersey 86-74. Draftexpress.com highlights the fact that David Lee is showing great team chemistry with Nate and Frye. Can we get a nickname for David? This guy seems ready for gametime this year. I'd say he's a smaller yet stronger Camby.

Nate and Q for KT and Mustard Thompson looking like a heist. Doing business with the Suns has been quite nice. Does anyone doubt Nate's jersey will sell way more than Marbs next year? He's freakish and flashy, totally unbelievable. What a friking steal!!! Let's call the Suns, maybe they'll swap Marion for Frye, Rose and Mo, jajajaja.

Read somewhere in these forums that Channing should start next season at the five. For starters, he's more suited at the 4 and ya'll know the glut we have at that spot. Even worse, he needs some serious alone time with Aguirre before he can even be considered as a backup. Poor kid had 9 fouls in the first half. I fear the high expectations that came with him being drafted at the 8th will be a heavy and unfair load.

portega1968

El Cacique
Lebron and entourage were at the Knick game tonight...so can I daydream he's scouting out future teammates? Lebron in blue and orange would make worthwhile every millisecond of pain and frustration we Knick fans have endured for 30+ years without a trophy. I would forget Jordan beating Patrick again and again. I would forget the Spurs celebrating on our floor. Ooooooh the possibilities, Nate & Lebron on the fastbreak would be like thunder and lightning on a global scale.

Trin_Starr

Starter
portega1968 said:
I fear the high expectations that came with him being drafted at the 8th will be a heavy and unfair load.

That's definitely true man.....NY ain't no easy place to gain respect.....the kid is definitely stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Blumatic

Rotation player
I did not mind the personal fouls. They are not a factor in the summer league and he wanted to get aggressive a lift his game a little no matter what. He has had no real NBA training before this. During camp in october and pre-season we'll see an improved Frye.

Ted

Benchwarmer
portega1968 said:
Knicks beat New Jersey 86-74. Draftexpress.com highlights the fact that David Lee is showing great team chemistry with Nate and Frye. Can we get a nickname for David? This guy seems ready for gametime this year. I'd say he's a smaller yet stronger Camby.

Nate and Q for KT and Mustard Thompson looking like a heist. Doing business with the Suns has been quite nice. Does anyone doubt Nate's jersey will sell way more than Marbs next year? He's freakish and flashy, totally unbelievable. What a friking steal!!! Let's call the Suns, maybe they'll swap Marion for Frye, Rose and Mo, jajajaja.

Read somewhere in these forums that Channing should start next season at the five. For starters, he's more suited at the 4 and ya'll know the glut we have at that spot. Even worse, he needs some serious alone time with Aguirre before he can even be considered as a backup. Poor kid had 9 fouls in the first half. I fear the high expectations that came with him being drafted at the 8th will be a heavy and unfair load.

I hope you're right, but everyone else is laughing at Zeke for taking on all of the Suns' overpriced, no D talent: Steph, Penny, and Q. Not saying they're right, but they're having a good laugh at the moment.

portega1968

El Cacique
Let's see, we gave up McDyess, Lampe, etc. for Steph's ugly contract and terrible D but strong NY heart, plus a pick that turns out to be David Lee, then we give up 30sumthing KT and Dijon Thompson for Q and Nate Robinson.

I've read they are enjoying trading with us, but l'd rather be the one who laughs last, and I've got a feeling that Nate will prove to be the steal. Phoenix received KT and McDyess after their peaks, plus change and cap flex, while we got Steph still young and quite unstoppable, Lee, Nate and Q who may well develop a killer post game to go with his 3s and speed.

From where I'm standing, it seems quite funny to me also despite the burden on our cap.