Ewing33

Benchwarmer
dacash said:
j james
s swift
t thomas
q richardson
s marbury nice starting five.

I have to disagree...TIf we start Thomas at the 3 this year I will be pissed...actually if he is on the team I will be upset...get Trevor out there...and Swift and James as a frontcourt...talk about the all "we have never lived up to our hype" frontcourt...

But, if we can trade away TT then I may come around

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
Tim was messed up in the head last season since someone is his family died or were really sick, something like that. In the end of the season he picked it up so since this is the last year on his contract might as well put him out there and hope that his trade value will go up, its contract year you know he is gonna try to impress people to make sure he has a nice fat check next year. I say start Tim and have Ariza back him up.

Am not going to start dreaming about having Swift in the line up because I haven't heard any rumors or anything about a possible sign and trade for him. Just gotta sit back and hope.

I wonder what is going to happen with Houston, if he isn't waived, will he be healthy enough to play?
robinson, marbury, crawford, Quentin and Houston?
That's a SICK backcourt...

the east dont have a lot of true centers maybe 3 shaq z and mayb sum1 else but other than that james will dominate hes big tall strong and will do w.e he wants id say this was a decent siging but what should the knicks do with the 1.1 minimum exeption id say sign ariza for like 5 yr 10 mill contract extension :D

btw this is tt contract yr nd will play his ass off for money like the last 3 months of the season if u remember tt was dominating the post and the outside

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
I don't have a problem with signing Jerome James. I don't have an issue with giving him the mid, just the lenght of the contract bothers me. I would have like it better if they gave him 3 years instead of 5. We still need another force at the forward spot. They need Swift now in the worst way!

Jazzyknicks33

Benchwarmer
Tim Thomas has proven he is good enough to start for the knicks. He came on strong at the end of last season. He showed an ability to post up on smaller players and he showed his long range game and athletic ability. He had some nice dunks.I would definitly start tim and use ariza as a backup until arriza proves he can do more than tim.

portega1968

El Cacique
Tyson Chandler would be the ideal plug at the 4 with JLazy James in the middle. Wonder if Chicago would take on Sweets with Penny or TT. Or how about Philly sending us Dalembert and CWebb for Jamal, Frye plus Penny. To me it seems Stromile ain't coming period.

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
im not totally crazy about the deal but as said - theres limited centers available that we can get without giving up any1. whether or not we shoulda traded some1 for a better center is another issue but as said, hes big, clogs the lane, if he can stay outta foul trouble and let frye come in at the same time well have the best center situation weve had in a while. if he doesnt play hard u think herb wont bench him? we have enough firepower and dont need to rely on him for offense, more so on defense.

portega1968

El Cacique
I'm also counting on Jackie Butler to continue improving so he can provide some minutes down low sometime this year. I hope they keep Jackie and waive Bruno instead.

I see James playing about 20-25 minutes a game, contributing 10 points and 6-7 rebounds, a block or two. I think that's realistic considering his talent and salary. I think Isiah is putting together a very athletic team that will play small to finish on the fast break. I have a feeling that he's trying to make this "Suns East" by bringing in Q and drafting Nate, Lee, and Frye.

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
The team hasn't looked this good in a long time. I like Jackie Butler too but some dude was ripping him on Realgm.com; saying his defense was horrendous.....I haven't seen him on the court long enough to judge, and been too busy watching the new players in summer league to even notice him on defense, I do see him get those rebounds and making some shots though. Am up in the air on this one; would like to see him come back rather than sundov thats for sure.

dacash

Benchwarmer
one thing i always notice, if we(i include my self in this)dont like something that is being done we throw around others players names that we say could better. thats all good but ever stop to think that its not just one gm that can make a deal,it take two(like rob base said).sure i personally would have like to see kwame brown here but we had nothing to offer washington,they wanted a shooting guard/forward type(and god knows they dont want penny) lakers offered up caron butler whenb we would not part with qrich. i like the idea of mixing and matching players that might fit,but they just ideas,im glad to be apart of sych an opinionated diverse group of knickerbockers,but we all gatta realize if it wasnt done maybe IT couldnt get it done. and least james is a true 7 footer and as he showed in the playoffs when motivated he can produce lets look forward to next year

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
why does every gm in this league seem to overplay and overvalue big men???? if u look at most of the bad contracts in this league, they are almost always given to big men who the gm's hoped would develop into better players but never did. same thing with the draft: "we took the best big man available" - babcock on taking villanueva at 7.

jerome james is a fucking scrub. at least frye is a hard worker and wants to get better. james is a bum.

just when i was about to start to actually applaud isiah for some of his recent moves (getting nate and lee), here i am again wonddering what the hell is wrong with him.

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
OK, I agree with you that James is no superstar, but he is a big man which we desperatively need in the lineup before the season starts. From the looks of trades out there if Isiah didn't make the move now, we would end up with noone at center except frye and sundov this offseason. All the big man out there are out of the Knicks reach. The other teams are not interested in the Knicks sign and trades with sweetney being the biggest pawn.

OK so you critizing Isiah for making this move which I understand because you don't like James and you don't think he is good enough. But what sugestions do you have???

Who are the Knicks supposed to get with the MLE? Everyone else out there can get the more than the MLE other than Hunter from other teams. Don't forget that every other team in the NBA can make James the same offer as the Knicks did...so lets say for example we went and offered it to Swift, do you really think other NBA teams wouldn't top our offer???

Like I said before, this is a good move considering all we got is the MLE to work with; everything else is sign and trade HOPES & DREAMS...