Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jerome James

i hate this. he had a few good games and we sign him to a 5 year deal. this is a very bad move adn the last thing the knicks needed was a long term contect on someone they dont even know how is going to turn out

Hes a defensive and has size witch isaih wants..........if we get swift ill be so happy......

i read somewhere that since the deal wont be really done till 22 july they can still do a sign and trade with seattle for either malik rose or jerome williams and use the mle toi sign swift. imagine that
    j james
    s swift
    t thomas
    q richardson
    s marbury nice starting five.
    bergen record thats where it came from.

River Rocks, Port Rich (Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico PUNETA!!!)

There must be something decent we can get for Sweets and Jamal to plug the middle, damn. Let's hope Aguirre can help this guy stay out of foul trouble and improve his boards, in addition to defeating that "lazy" reputation he has. Can we please dub the guy Jerome "JLazy" James for the time being?

Originally Posted by dacash
    i read somewhere that since the deal wont be really done till 22 july they can still do a sign and trade with seattle for either malik rose or jerome williams and use the mle toi sign swift. imagine that
    j james
    s swift
    t thomas
    q richardson
    bergen record thats where it came from.
    read somewhere else Sonics rather let him go than take on any of the contracts the Knicks have, so better think of a sign and trade for Stromile. I insist we should be able to get something decent for Sweets and Jamal.

Originally Posted by dacash
    j james
    s swift
    t thomas
    q richardson
    I have to disagree...TIf we start Thomas at the 3 this year I will be pissed...actually if he is on the team I will be upset...get Trevor out there...and Swift and James as a frontcourt...talk about the all "we have never lived up to our hype" frontcourt...

But, if we can trade away TT then I may come around

Tim was messed up in the head last season since someone is his family died or were really sick, something like that. In the end of the season he picked it up so since this is the last year on his contract might as well put him out there and hope that his trade value will go up, its contract year you know he is gonna try to impress people to make sure he has a nice fat check next year. I say start Tim and have Ariza back him up.

Am not going to start dreaming about having Swift in the line up because I haven't heard any rumors or anything about a possible sign and trade for him. Just gotta sit back and hope.

I wonder what is going to happen with Houston, if he isn't waived, will he be healthy enough to play?
    robinson, marbury, crawford, Quentin and Houston?
    That's a SICK backcourt...

the east dont have a lot of true centers maybe 3 shaq z and mayb sum1 else but other than that james will dominate hes big tall strong and will do w.e he wants id say this was a decent siging but what should the knicks do with the 1.1 minimum exeption id say sign ariza for like 5 yr 10 mill contract extension

btw this is tt contract yr nd will play his ass off for money like the last 3 months of the season if u remember tt was dominating the post and the outside

I don't have a problem with signing Jerome James. I don't have an issue with giving him the mid, just the lenght of the contract bothers me. I would have like it better if they gave him 3 years instead of 5. We still need another force at the forward spot. They need Swift now in the worst way!

Tim Thomas has proven he is good enough to start for the knicks. He came on strong at the end of last season. He showed an ability to post up on smaller players and he showed his long range game and athletic ability. He had some nice dunks.I would definitly start tim and use ariza as a backup until arriza proves he can do more than tim.

Tyson Chandler would be the ideal plug at the 4 with JLazy James in the middle. Wonder if Chicago would take on Sweets with Penny or TT. Or how about Philly sending us Dalembert and CWebb for Jamal, Frye plus Penny. To me it seems Stromile ain't coming period.

Superstar

im not totally crazy about the deal but as said - theres limited centers available that we can get without giving up any1. whether or not we shoulda traded some1 for a better center is another issue but as said, hes big, clogs the lane, if he can stay outta foul trouble and let frye come in at the same time well have the best center situation weve had in a while. if he doesnt play hard u think herb wont bench him? we have enough firepower and dont need to rely on him for offense, more so on defense.

I'm also counting on Jackie Butler to continue improving so he can provide some minutes down low sometime this year. I hope they keep Jackie and waive Bruno instead.

I see James playing about 20-25 minutes a game, contributing 10 points and 6-7 rebounds, a block or two. I think that's realistic considering his talent and salary. I think Isiah is putting together a very athletic team that will play small to finish on the fast break. I have a feeling that he's trying to make this "Suns East" by bringing in Q and drafting Nate, Lee, and Frye.