Antoine Walker or Marbury & T.Thomas

nycefnl

Benchwarmer
Don't get me wrong. I love Antoine Walker game. But he's not a good fit here. He's a soft PF with tremendous ball-handling skills and great passer. He reminds me of Webber. But he's not a shot blocker and not a good rebouder. I only won't Walker here if Marbury and Tim Thomas is out. That would give him an opportunity to play what I think is his natural position, SF. He can also setup CJ and QR for shots with his great ball handling skills. It doesn't make sense to have an undersized SF in Q-Richardson (who I love) and a soft PF on the starting lineup along with T.T. on the team. this rumor can't be substantial. But I would defineately trade Tim Thomas straight up for Walker and again trade Marbury. Crawford has the upside. You can't sit a 24 year-old who scored 50 in an NBA game.

J Crawford
Q Richardson
A. Walker
S Swift
J James

Now that's a sqad!!!!

Walker's free throw shooting (55%) is in Shaq territory and that really scares me. If he can't even shoot free throws, what business does he have taking seven 3-pointers a game? I don't see him fitting into this team. I don't know if the fans will take to him chucking so many shots. I could just see him on the back page of the Daily News giving the finger to the Garden crowd or something like that.

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
if we add walker i will go fucking ballistic.

that will be yet ANOTHER ball hog who chucks up too many shots. with marbs, craw, qrich and antoine on the same team, it would recipe for disaster. they would all be at each others throats by game number two.

we need team oriented, defensive minded guys who do the little things like draw offensive fouls, rebound well, block shots.

i want stromile swift. bad.

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
allegedly when he was in dallas he worked on his shot selection and didnt jack up as many shots. i forget where i read that tho.

thwax

Benchwarmer
Walker isn't coming here anymore... the Knicks are said to be done with trades... Jerome James was signed with all of the MLE, we could not work out a sign and trade with the Sonics... meaning that we would have to do a sign and trade with the Celtics for Walker which will never happen

ny3nyk

Rotation player
i suspect the kings to look for a big pf, maybe we could offer rose or taylor. if we hadnt gotten james, brad miller would be a very nice addition

furious lord

Benchwarmer
:afro:
What scares me about Brad Miller is he has been injury prone the last couple of years. Skill wise he'd be perfect, but we've had so much bad luck with keeping our big men healthy. We gotta dump at least two PFs, hopefully this summer but definitely b4 the trade deadline next year.

portega1968

El Cacique
I've read in different forums that we should trade Mo or Rose. Good idea but just isn't happening. Mo has 3years and Rose 4years, and there isn't a team who's gonna take those contracts. We should release Rose's 4 years and just fit Mo into our post offense off the bench.

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
JJtheKnick said:
thats not a great team its ok but not great. maybe a 50 win team at best.

by my standards a 50 win team in new york nowadays is better than OK...not saying i like that team though

thwax

Benchwarmer
let's plan for a championship team... it's going to take some planning, some pain, some perseverance... 45 wins, 50 wins, 30 wins... whatever it takes... but Walker won't get us over the hump, and adding Marion will just kill us for the next 4 to 5 years!