allan houston

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
has anyone heard anything about houstons health?

can he maybe pull a grant hill...just when we all wrote him off, he commes back and plays great ball...i mean hes not that old...he could still be a sweet shooter and get 15 points a game if hes at least 90% healthy.

and if he does come back, we will have a serious log jam at the 2.

i dont think we need craws point guard duties now that we have nate. and we dont need his 3 point shooting now that we have qrich. and he doesnt exactly play much D, rebound or do anything else...qrich is a more complete 2/3 than craw. maybe we can get some good draft picks, prospects, or a big man (like swift) in return for crawford, especailly if houston is feeling healthy.

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
I was wondering the same thing earlier today and agree 100% with what you said about Crawford.

We would have the nicest backcourt if houston came back.

I'm sure Isiah would be willing to part with Crawford if the right deal came along. Kinda tough though since he just signed like a 6 year deal with us.

I have a feeling isiah is gonna try to run the the guard rotation like they used to run on his detroit championship team.

Marbury, Crawford, Q and Houston if healthy.

Guess we gotta wait and see...

ny3nyk

Rotation player
yes it would be a serious kick in the balls if houston got cut and pulls a grant hill with some other team. me, i would rather cut hardaway who practically ran away from the team

FLipfacTion4LyfE

Benchwarmer
=( i really doubt he'll pull a Grant Hill.. Did you see one of the games he played this season? He missed 3 free throws in a row. He'll never be the same.. Wow 29 million whose idea was thatt?

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
layden, who just got hired as a front office guy in denver. mwahahahhaha they got camby and DJ and i heard spree rumors i think....weird.

portega1968

El Cacique
I'd rather keep Allan and waive Rose's 4 years. It would suck big time if Allan was waived and paid $40 mil to see him sign with a rival and watch him comeback. I also think we should package Sweets and Jamal for a true starter in the middle

furious lord

Benchwarmer
:afro:
Even when Houston is healthy he is a defensive liability. I love his stroke, the fact that his shot is so lethal he draws double teams eventhough he is one dimensional, and his presence spreads the floor. We have to get rid of contract though, if we want to get younger. Q is almost a younger, faster, more powerful, version of Allan to me, so I would not mind seeing Houston bolt even if he does pull a Grant Hill and become prodcutive for another team.

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
welll...nobody is gonna take allan houston right now...so either hes stuck with us, or we buy out his contract or waive him or something, and THEN he goes to another team.

the reason i ask about his health, though, is cuz he seemed really optimistic last season. he kept saying "i can still play"...once i think i remember him saying "if it was the playoffs maybe id play"...hes fallen under the radar (which i think is a good thing for him to keep the pressure off), and maybe hes recovering very nicely and its just that nobody has talked about it...

he IS a bit of a defensive liability...but hes a smart veteran guy. and its not like crawford is a defensive stud...

houston doesnt need to be a start, qrich can do that, but he can come off the bench and play against the other teams bench guys (who will be less athletic), and maybe get easier shots against weaker opponents, especially with marbs or nate penetrating and dishing...

id honestly rather see allan houston comming off the bench to play the 2 than crawford....as long as houston is healthy...

and the other reason i say that is because with crawford, qrich, houston, marbs and nate, how many minutes are there to divide up for the 1 and 2???? not enough...someones gonna be unhappy...

in a trade, we woudlnt get didley squat for houston, but theres a good possibility we could seriously get something for crawford...like maybe stromile swift in a sign and trade if memphis signs swift to a similar deal as crawfords....

the way our teams roster is right now, id rather have swift than crawford...

-----

the thing i wanna say about crawford is that hes really overrated...that last year with chicago when he averaged a lot of points...it was on a shitty team and his field goal percentage was really bad. anybody can score points if they chuck up a lotta shots. a guy who scores 12-14 points a game on .550 fg% (i think swift could do that if he came to the knicks) is better than a guy who scores 20 on .390 fg% (what crawford will have probably). it doesnt matter that he can play the 1,2 or 3...the point is he cant do ANY of those WELL. id rather have a guy who can play ONE position great than 3 positions not so great.

usually the teams that do the best are where the players have their roles and they do what they can do, not "a little bit of everything". in detroit, ben wallace doesnt try to be a scorer, he focuses all his energy on what hes good at, blocking shots, rebounding, and D. all the other guys just know their roles and play withing themselves. crawford is the exact ANTITHESIS of that. he ruins team chemistry, tries to do too much, and is really just too skinny and one dimensionaly for a 2. yeah, its great that he makes some flashy plays once in a while, but that really doesnt impress me...

lets get rid of crawford for stromile swift in a sign and trade

only thing - isiah prolly wont wanna trade a guy he just signed a year ago...it'd be a blow to his ego to say a player traed for himself isnt living up to expectations...so i doubt crawford will ever be traded...even though he should

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
i really think swift has the physical tools to be another ben wallace...they are the same size and build, both very athletic - just swift is younger and never really got much playing time in memphis.

im gonna make a bold statement and say that if we get swift, we will be a top 4 team in the east, and do some damage in the playoffs

without him im thinking we barely make the playoffs and lose in the first round

stephonmarbury8

Benchwarmer
heres the thing i see about this all, we dont have bad players, they just havent learned valuable traits yet, take jamal crawford, he's a great player, great jump shot, you teach him how to use better shot selection and somehow instill some defensive intensity in him, he would be a slightly less allen iverson. I think the basic key would be to work on our players faults, obviously the teams do, but somehow get to these guys, and if they wanna win they will change. ad for the young guys, jerome james will teach you defensive presence, malik rose will show you defensive intensity, allen houston (hopefully) can teach them the art of the jumpshot, because that dude i would say at one point had the best jumper in the league, have jamal teach them quickness, and stephon marbury can teach them passing, and leadership qualities. lets go knicks!

NYC2BGI

Rookie
I have not heard any positive news about Allan Houston. From the moves the Isiah is making and because of the luxury tax, Houston's days in NY are finished. I don't doubt that if healthy he can still be a good and sometimes great player but it will be somewhere else.

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
I would love to see Swift in the Knicks as well, that would definetely bring some defensive presence, but I doubt memphis would be interested in taking Crawford with a SIX YEAR DEAL. Nothing wrong with hoping though, I wouldn't mind seeing that happen, especially now that we got Q and Nate to help out on the backcourt.

alonreppinNY23

Benchwarmer
if houston pulls a Grant Hill knicks will be great....only problem is thta the knicks will have trouble gettin all the good players there respect in time...and if not no 1 would wanna play in NY and wanna leave...

nyk33334

Benchwarmer
honestly, as much as everyone wants to believe houston is ok, it'll be difficult to hold his contract. Houston is probobly fine by now, but the knicks dont believe him, not for $40mil. Imagine he does pull a "Grant Hill"? Wouldn't that be great? for him. It would really suck for us. Its a gamble, but I wouldn't be surprised if we waived him. Good Luck Allan!