Your most memorable Knick loss

FLipfacTion4LyfE

Benchwarmer
The loss that hurt the most to me this season i think that game against the rockets.. The knicks were up double digits in the last 5 minutes in the last quarter. But with only 30 seconds left the game was tiedd. After the knicks commited a 24 second violation mcgrady scored the quick basket and we lost.. 10 minutes later Lenny Wilkens gave up on the knicks and quit.

furious lord

Benchwarmer
:afro:
The most memorable Knick loss for me was the Charles Smith debacle Game 5 against the Bulls in '90 somethin'.. Any true Knick fan never forgave Charles for not dunking the ball in the final seconds. We were up 2 games to none and looked like we could actually beat the hated Jordans, then choked away the series. Damn!...

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
i think hes talking about this season, but w/e

i think my most memorable lost was probably when we played the bulls at MSG, and ben gordon lit us up and hit that running floater.... another game that took alot of strength out of me was the lakers game when they hit like 4 3's to take it to OT, but then WAlton and Kobe had the mix up and we won, im so glad we won that, i would have probably cried

furious lord

Benchwarmer
:afro:
Oh, he was talking about this season? Then it had to be the first game we had at MSG when we got killed by the Celtics in our home opener. I think that game gave us the reputation of being "soft" around the league, something as a fan I just can't deal with, rooting for a "soft" team. The way Davis was just posting up Crawford, Pierce was just going down the lane and dunking, even LaFrentz was killing us, that asswhooping convinced me that we had to do something about adding some more size and toughness, eventhough it was just our first home game.

Skyhi300

Benchwarmer
oh if its this season, that the back to back losses to the Bulls, Chandler with the block and Nazr with the missed dunk,

nyk33334

Benchwarmer
The 04-05 season opener (ny-bos). I hope the Knicks crush whoever our first opponent is for this years opener. Crush them like the little bugs they are.

why is my girlfriend wearing an Carmelo jersey?

portega1968

El Cacique
Will never forget Charles Smith trying and trying, that is onw bad memory. Just as bad as game six against Houston in 95, which was substituted by the O.J. Simpson chase, then Starks shot and missed on a ton of threes and Rockets came back to win rhe last two games and the title, that will never cease to hurt. Seeing San Antonio sweep us and celebrate at MSG hurt big time. This past season that first game against the Celts really burst the bubble of hope for the entire season, followed by that horrendous streak before the AllStar game.

jayjay

Rookie
has to be the loss against the sonics in seattle we still had a chance but that loss seem to just take the fighting spirit out of the team because you just sensed our playoff push was over at that very moment.

Ewing33

Benchwarmer
Charles Smith is a good "awful" choice; however, I have to go with Reggie Miller and the 3point explosion...The Knicks haven't been good enough lately to have a "bad" loss...

ny3nyk

Rotation player
when we was down by around 20 in the last quarter against philly and we made a comeback. we were down bt 1 in the last second and mohammed missed the alley oop

NYC2BGI

Rookie
There have been too many to name just one. No chapionships since 73 means a lot of hurtful losses in my book. If I had to pick just 1 or 2 I would have to rank losing to the Houston Rockets in 94 as the worst since were up 3-2 in the series. The other one would have to be the Charles Smith game. Really we should put there any of the losses against Michael Jordan and Reggie Miller. Those two always tried to kill us.

portega1968 said:
Just as bad as game six against Houston in 95, which was substituted by the O.J. Simpson chase, then Starks shot and missed on a ton of threes and Rockets came back to win rhe last two games and the title, that will never cease to hurt. Seeing San Antonio sweep us and celebrate at MSG hurt big time.

Slight correction, we didnt' get swept by the Spurs, we lost in 5. But it did hurt to see them celebrate on the Garden floor.

Yes, that Game 6 loss in the '94 finals hurt me the most. Starks actually had a scorching game before getting that final shot blocked by Hakeem. To this day he says that shot would've gone in if he wasn't blocked.

This past season? How about those buzzer beaters by Ben Gordon and Dwyane Wade?

rady

Administrator
Staff member
that game 5 with SA back in 99 was pretty hurting, but i guess i never thought we could win more than 1 or 2 games.. the spurs were way better than an 8th seed...
about game 5 against the bulls.. 1993.. i have the game on my hard disk but i am not able to watch it.. i just can't

this season.. it wasn't so bad for me since i couldn't watch any game (AGAIN!!) but the most depressive loss was the philly one from february... 105-106
of course, we trashed them few days ater :p

Skyhi300

Benchwarmer
well since we're talking about Heart-breaking losses, Let me include the Bulls-Wizards this year in the playoffs, i dont know how many of you saw it but the bulls made an unbelievable comeback in the last minute of the game and Pargo hit a three after Kirk Hinrich missed both free throws and got the rebound to Pargo who nailed the 3 and tied the game up and than Arenas with that fadeaway oh that was terrible.

AND YES I AM A KNICKS FAN, but i live here and i kinda like the bulls too

dacash

Benchwarmer
honestly i waited so long for the knicks to get into a championship in 94 when starks went for like 0 out of like 100 in game 7 against houston i was teased for months and cried and put aVODOO HEX ON COACH RILEY FOR NOT CHANGING THE DAMN GAME PLAN.DAMMIT IMA CRY AGAIN LOL LOL LOL. that shit hurt though

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
sorry for double posting about the spurs game, if it was game 5 then ignore what i wrote. ben killed us twice i believe and the wade one hurt 2 cuz we were beating them most of the game w shaq. of course those reggie moments still make me hate his ugly bald ass.

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
you gotta have a strong heart and be willing to suffer to be a Knicks fan, but in the end those plays like Larry Johnson's four point play or John Starks' "The Dunk" make it all worth it.

Skyhi300

Benchwarmer
dasilva1079 said:
you gotta have a strong heart and be willing to suffer to be a Knicks fan, but in the end those plays like Larry Johnson's four point play or John Starks' "The Dunk" make it all worth it.

gotta add Houstons shot against miami, Marcus Camby's dunk on Tim Duncan ahhhh good times