Knciks sign Jerome James

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
from the New York Times
James, who played the last four seasons in Seattle, agreed yesterday to a five-year deal with the Knicks, according to his agent. Precise terms will not be set until the league completes its new labor deal. But it was expected that James will earn about $5 million in the first year of the contract, and $29 million over five years.

"They approached us on the first day of free agency and told us they had a lot of interest," Fleisher said. "I know there have been a lot of names, but I genuinely believe that's who they most wanted."

James drew interest from about a half-dozen teams and chose the Knicks over two other suitors, Fleisher said.

Great news!! 7-1, young, shot blocking big man.. if you can complain about this, you are defined as a pesimist, this should be good news for all knick fans, this is what we wanted and now we got it...

JJtheKnick

Starter
Im sorry but i hate this signing. I think we could have spent our money in better places. What about foster? i think he would have been a better player for this team. i just dont like this trade i dont think he will perform here in New York. I hope im wrong thou.........

Status
Not open for further replies.