What if.....

JJtheKnick

Starter
What if pat riley goes back to the coaching position and Stan van Gundy gets the hook. Will the knicks be interested and will he be interested. The knicks are probably the best team right now with out a coach and I think Stan would be a great fit.

portega1968

El Cacique
I don't think Isiah will go for Stan over Herb. Plan seems to be wait a year for Larry, who will probably be bought out with a clause that he can't coach the Knicks this year. Larry should take the time off anyway to migrate his young kids back to NY. Meanwhile, Herb will plug the hole, a decent chance for him, a great guy, to put up or get out of the way.

JJtheKnick

Starter
yea if he comes back its with the heat.

lets just say brown stays with the pistons and stan was let go. who would u want stan or herb?

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
id prefer herb, he already has a basis with most of the players. we need some consistency among all the changes. miami doesnt play all that great d and id prefer we keep herb for that.

alonreppinNY23

Benchwarmer
if we got larry brown the knicks would probably have more chemistry and be the team that they are capable of being

this wont happen but gettin joe johnson would be great but we have no rooom in our cap and roster...-_-

thwax

Benchwarmer
Looks like Herb is going to be brought in as coach this coming week if LB stays with Detroit... their is talk that if LB is released that part of the agreement would be that he would know be allowed to coach the Knicks for the first year away from the Pistons... so it looks like Herb could be a long term interrim coach... poor guy

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
I really cannot see Stan Van Gundy coaching here... if he couldnt win the east with Shaq Wade and the Heat, hes not winning here...if its down to Herb or Stan i would take Herb

JJtheKnick

Starter
Peach_NYK_21 said:
I really cannot see Stan Van Gundy coaching here... if he couldnt win the east with Shaq Wade and the Heat, hes not winning here...if its down to Herb or Stan i would take Herb

i disagree i feel stan would be a better coach for the knicks. he did a great job with the heat last season why cant he do it with the knicks. His brother didnt do to bad here........

Peach_NYK_21 said:

I think you're being a little hard on Stan. When Wade went down, Red Auerbach couldn't have won that series.

The one thing this team needs is a coach that can get these guys to play defense. We were one of the 5 worst defensive teams last year. I would take SVG over Herb. It'd also be nice to revive a little of that rivalry.