Release ROSE or H20?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sweeets50

Rookie
With the new CBA rules in play we can waive a player without having to pay their salary. Who do u think knicks SHOULD let go? and who do u think WILL be let go?

I believe our best option is to release malik rose. he may be more important to us but i believe JYD and MO TAYLOR hold Much better trade value come the deadline/offseason. dropping a pf wouldnt hurt so much bcuz we own FIVE.

also i think H2O can still contribute if u monitor his minutes. he is a crafty veteran who still dog opposin bench players. he can make a serious impact come playoff time on fresh knees. worse case we can get rid of him next year like rose.
QUESTION: IF WE RELEASE HIM WE WILL STILL BE OVER THE CAP, BUT WILL THAT ALLOW US TO MAKE RUN AT BIGGER FREE AGENT THIS OFFSEASON?

thwax

Benchwarmer
Not sure why all the hating on Rose... yes, he's a little undersized, but he works like a dog, is a great defensive player and man don't we all know that we need better defense... he sure can help conveying a defensive mindset to our 3 draft picks who were drafted in part because they play some D.

Don't get me wrong, I really like H2O, but financially it makes good sense to move him... we just don't know if he is going to be as good as he was... we will also have a glut of guards, how are we going to give them all minutes... Nate the great is going to get short changed... Crawford looks like he's already coming off the bench... with Steph and Q starting... i don't think Q should play SF with Craw starting SG... to undersized, to little D!

Trading H2O is almost impossible, releasing him is the only way... teams will still take Rose... and Rose is only Knick with a ring! Isn't that what we all want!!!

One last thing, let's start trying to waive everyone... we've waived so many... Amaechi's only just come off the books, Shandon Anderson (sorry to mention him) still has 2 years (14 million) owed

What's next... someone going to suggest releasing Steph under the new CBA rules :rolling:

:calm:

nyk33334

Benchwarmer
Its hilarious whenever Rose does that "pull the chair out from underneath" move when the bigger men post up on him. As much as i want to believe allan, i think he's leaving. Rose is small but is pretty tough. I think Malik will hit the road too. No hard feelings Allan!

portega1968

El Cacique
I'd waive Rose for two reasons: he's got 4 years left and there are too many PFs on this team. Allan only has two years left although at a higher rate. Remember, the clause in the CBA would save us the tax, not the salary, and it's only a onetime thing (not annually). So, if we have to pay Allan $40mil, might as well get something out of him instead of watching him burn us on another team. If we trade Jamal and Sweets, then Allan can backup Q. Although Mo has no D, he can help us posting up. As far as character goes, I think Nate will make this team tough, the guy is a natural-born leader and inspires his teammates to give the maximum effort. Rose is a great dude, but its hard to fathom his 4 years on our cap.

thwax

Benchwarmer
"Although Mo has no D"... what!

Mo has pletty D and he has 3 years left not 4... his total over 3 years is 21million... at this rate we'll be waiving Steph soon too... ouch!

ny3nyk

Rotation player
me i would move houston. rose gives us that defensive intensity and maybe we could work out a deal with sacramento because they are in need of a bigger pf

JJtheKnick

Starter
I would keep both. they are both still players that can do damge. Its jus that the owner wants to save money soo really its not what they do it how much they make.

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
hmm are u sure that dolan wants to save money? i have a feeling he just wants to win at any cost.

why else would he keep letting isiah add to our already enormous payroll by signing marginal guys like james to long term contracts and trade away decent, expiring contracts to get long, bad contracts (like mo taylor).

but yeah, i guess the 40 million he can save dollar for dollar by waiving houston would mean SOMETHING....and i guess there IS a good chance houston will be waived...

i think i read somewhere that u can only do this with ONE player, so obviously it would be houston and not rose

alonreppinNY23

Benchwarmer
i think we should release rose...because we have enuff fowards...and he is too small...we should keep houston because is can prolly pull a grant hill and become of what he can do for the knicks like the old days

hoop115

Benchwarmer
risingknicks20 said:
what about releasing penny hardaway? he barely plays and is always injured i see release him and KEEP ALLAN HOUSTON!!!!!

isn't this the last year of penny's contract?

Status
Not open for further replies.