Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: We're not a championship team this year

What is impressive about the Nets is that they have maintained to stay under the cap and have a very balanced starting 5... i agree the bench is real thin... the suns managed to get through the year with a thin bench... but hurt them in the playoffs (not to mention their defensive issues)

Superstar

the nets would be an opportunistic fast break team as in they have the capability of running but theyre probably better suited at halfcourt game because theyre better defensively.

Originally Posted by pyotrveliky
    the nets would be an opportunistic fast break team as in they have the capability of running but theyre probably better suited at halfcourt game because theyre better defensively.
    This is what was impressive about the Spurs in the playoffs... they could play both styles of play... the Nets have a chance to be real good

This is the concern we still have with our beloved Knickerbockers... sure we can play the up-tempo style, but can we get the stops when we need it in the fourth quarter, this was a major problem last year... the amount of fourth quarter collapses... yes we are trying to draft and trade for defensive minded 3 pointer shooters (jokes, jokes)... i think if LB comes to town, we shouldn't have to much of a problem though

New York is a passionate place... and we are all passionate for our Knicks... i just hope that this year is not going to be another year hyped-to-the-max... and come April, be another lead balloon... one other thing, LB is no savior, sure he will help, but he has got to have some talent to work with... of course Larry is phenomenal, but he isn't going to make Frye into Shaq, JYD into Ben Wallace, Crawford into RIP Hamilton... he couldn't only do so much with A.I... i hope this doesn't happen with us to Steph...

Hopefully LB can set us in the right direction to become a championship contender... and not be like the 76'ers which tanked big time when he left! It'll be interesting to see how Flip handles the Pistons now