Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Shawn Marion, a Knick by February?

Did someone actually post they'd would rather have Jackie Butler than Sweetney at the 4? Jackie can't even get minutes on our summerleague team. If Marion is available by trade, I wouldn't trade our future for him, but i would seriously think about giving up our expiring contracts, a backup PF (which they would need, they have no depth) and maybe a drfat pick, (we have 3 next year). Getting marion would instantly make us a contender in the East. This to me would be a fun lineup:
    PG Marbury
    SG Richardson
    SF Ariza
    PF Marion
    C James

That would be Suns East, small but quick with scorers at 4 positions and 2 shotblockers (marion and james) on the frontline, wit Nate and Crawford coming off the bench. And don't sleep on Frye y'all, Mr #1 pick Bogut hasn't looked too good in summerleague either.

except that james is slow as a slug, and he has only avg'd 17 min. per game.

i dunno about marion starting at the 4 again, but i guess it will be easier in the east. i really though he would start at the 3 his more natural position while maybe sweet or frye was the pf but with ariza on the court the line up would be hella more athletic and fast

i dont think ariza can start yet this year....i think once he perfects his shot he will do great

and frye has been doing pretty well in summerleague.......i heard him on sports desk saying hes not really trying to rack up 20 pnts a game and look like a star but hes working to improve his skills there

like he is trying to use both hands at the basket ect.

but he has been doing pretty ok....he has more to offer then sweetney Imo. sweetney can only score on the inside of the paint.....

frye is basically kurt thomas without the attitude, with more range, more mobile but less of a rebounder

This is an excerpt from hoopsworld.com
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I’ve received a lot of emails ever since CNNSI.com said that Isaiah Thomas could possibly trade for Marion. Let’s put it this way, that story has no truth. Basically the author of this story combined two different thoughts into what he thought made sense. The Knicks are always looking to deal and improve their team and the Suns could be looking for cap relief. The only way the Suns would trade Marion is if it was someone or a deal that the team couldn’t pass up. The Suns value Marion at a higher value than most teams, so the Suns would want a lot back in return. It would have to look something like this. Phoenix gets Tim Thomas (expiring 14 Mil), Trevor Ariza (20 year old future SF), two future picks for Marion. Though this deal looks lopsided for the Suns if you are a Knicks fan, Phoenix would have a very hard time pulling this deal.

i new it sounded 2 good to be true

I'd never make that deal for Marion... TT, Ariza and 2 picks... no ways, to give that much away, i think we could get better, hopefully a center... none of us know what is going to be offered around the league in February... hopefully some parts that we can use