Shawn Marion, a Knick by February?

rady

Administrator
Staff member
can anyone remember how was the relationship between marbury and marion while steph was still playing for the suns?

ny3nyk

Rotation player
NYKnicks15 said:
C Jerome James
F Mike Sweetney
F Shawn Marion
G Jamal Crawford
G Stephon Marbury

doesnt look too bad to me...but i have a feeling Antoine Walker will be our starting PF. Allan Houston will be waived. and either Penny or Mo Taylor (with Rose or Williams) for our new starting PF.

so with a good 5 line up and a bench of Frye, Butler, a PF, Ariza, Lee, Richardson, Robinson looks like a good mix of cast to me

why would crawford start instead of richardson? i would rather use jackie butler as the 4 instead of sweetney. i thought sweet and williams was trade bait but not for antoine walker. i think butler will be just fine. btw, how was marburys relationship with marion? good? bad?

NYKnicks15

Starter
I think Crawford if not traded would start at the 2. Why? Just because a relapse from last year. I know we didnt succeed, BUT if Herb is our coach I think hell go with familiarity before anything. Try it, see how it goes then if needed make the switch.

If Larry is coach i think everyone has a fair chance except the rookies and marbury...Marbury gets an automatic pass, worked on the Olympics together they have a good relationship and i think for Larry to have the team Marbury has to be on it.

Sweets a far better rebounder and even tho he fouls alot he also forces the fouls aswell. gets to the line and plays hard.

if i had my choice with this roster the starting 5 would be...
C Jerome James
F Shawn Marion
F Quentin Richardson (or Trevor Ariza)
G Jamal Crawford (or Q-Rich)
G Stephon Marbury

BUT i dont think larry would go for the run and gun style..

PS if i can remember correctly they had a good relationship aswell as Marbury with Amare. No incidents or stories (to my recollection) had got out about anything otherwise.

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
i am acually startin to believe this as false....there is not 1 other site ive seen this rumor on.....

its 2 good to be true.......also if we get marion we wil have to get rid of marbury.......or we will be screwed up the ass in salary

portega1968

El Cacique
I'd rather have Marion than Marbury to be honest.

This isn't bogus, it's speculation on a real possibility considering the circumstances unless something unexpected occurs.

Facts? Phoenix is pressured to sign Amare next year to the max. Phoenix is pressured to match Atlanta's max offer to Joe Johnson. These two circumstances would force Phoenix to deal Marion. TT's contract is a highly probable alternative. All facts.

But this won't play out until January, so until then, its just speculation.

furious lord

Benchwarmer
:afro:
Did someone actually post they'd would rather have Jackie Butler than Sweetney at the 4? Jackie can't even get minutes on our summerleague team. If Marion is available by trade, I wouldn't trade our future for him, but i would seriously think about giving up our expiring contracts, a backup PF (which they would need, they have no depth) and maybe a drfat pick, (we have 3 next year). Getting marion would instantly make us a contender in the East. This to me would be a fun lineup:
PG Marbury
SG Richardson
SF Ariza
PF Marion
C James

That would be Suns East, small but quick with scorers at 4 positions and 2 shotblockers (marion and james) on the frontline, wit Nate and Crawford coming off the bench. And don't sleep on Frye y'all, Mr #1 pick Bogut hasn't looked too good in summerleague either.

ny3nyk

Rotation player
i dunno about marion starting at the 4 again, but i guess it will be easier in the east. i really though he would start at the 3 his more natural position while maybe sweet or frye was the pf but with ariza on the court the line up would be hella more athletic and fast

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
i dont think ariza can start yet this year....i think once he perfects his shot he will do great

and frye has been doing pretty well in summerleague.......i heard him on sports desk saying hes not really trying to rack up 20 pnts a game and look like a star but hes working to improve his skills there

like he is trying to use both hands at the basket ect.

but he has been doing pretty ok....he has more to offer then sweetney Imo. sweetney can only score on the inside of the paint.....

frye is basically kurt thomas without the attitude, with more range, more mobile but less of a rebounder

Trin_Starr

Starter
This is an excerpt from hoopsworld.com
http://www.hoopsworld.com/article_13466.shtml

I’ve received a lot of emails ever since CNNSI.com said that Isaiah Thomas could possibly trade for Marion. Let’s put it this way, that story has no truth. Basically the author of this story combined two different thoughts into what he thought made sense. The Knicks are always looking to deal and improve their team and the Suns could be looking for cap relief. The only way the Suns would trade Marion is if it was someone or a deal that the team couldn’t pass up. The Suns value Marion at a higher value than most teams, so the Suns would want a lot back in return. It would have to look something like this. Phoenix gets Tim Thomas (expiring 14 Mil), Trevor Ariza (20 year old future SF), two future picks for Marion. Though this deal looks lopsided for the Suns if you are a Knicks fan, Phoenix would have a very hard time pulling this deal.

thwax

Benchwarmer
I'd never make that deal for Marion... TT, Ariza and 2 picks... no ways, to give that much away, i think we could get better, hopefully a center... none of us know what is going to be offered around the league in February... hopefully some parts that we can use