Thread: Keep Herb Williams

Default Keep Herb Williams

Herb Williams is a good man. He's very classy and professional. I've admired his attitude towards the knicks looking for a new coach. Not once has he said he's the best man for the job. Actions speak louder than words. Herb continues to prepare himself so he can be a better coach next season. I liked him as ewings backup and i like him as the 2005 knicks coach. Laimbeer came with the comment "All I do is Win." Herb would rather back himself with his good work ethic as opposed to being ****y. Even though laimbeer pulled himself out of the running for head coach, I didn't think he had the character that herb has showed. Larry Brown is the only 1 of the 3 guys that doen's have to talk at all. History backs him up. It sounds like Brown might go back to detroit so that makes Herb the man for the job.

I'm gonna have to disagree he may be a good guy but we saw him last year and well...didnt turn out so good

if i was isiah thomas i would keep herb and sign paul westphal as the top assistant....now they would have an offensive genious and the coach who stresses defense nd larry brown is known for leaving the team behind and having beef wit the PG

Default Re: Keep Herb Williams

Originally Posted by Jazzyknicks33
    Herb Williams is a good man. He's very classy and professional. I've admired his attitude towards the knicks looking for a new coach. Not once has he said he's the best man for the job. Actions speak louder than words.
    I feel bad for Herb. Isiah's continually looking for a new coach and has clearly made Herb his contingency plan. Herb has been handling it quite well, even though he's basically a Plan B. He's been saying the right things and hasn't expressed any bad feelings towards Isiah. He's a classy guy and I hope he does well in this league, wherever he is. The league needs more guys like Herb.

That being said, I'm not sure how good of a coach he is. But the way he's handled this situation shows his character.