Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DETROIT BUYING BROWN OUT !!!

Default DETROIT BUYING BROWN OUT !!!

ESPN.com just reported it, check it out..

I just read it...sorry Herb....

I have a feeling Herb might still stay as an assistant coach because of Lenny's health complications.

Will Larry take time off and hang out in LongIsland? Or will Isiah take him now?

I read that his wife doesn't want him to coach and just get better health wise as well as spend time with his young kids. Since Larry had to coach in the Olympics he didn't have much time for his kids. So I have a feeling his wife is going to pressure him to rest, but then Isiah is going to pull out the checkbook and write a check with so many digits that they are not going to be able to resist. I read another articles that said that the Knicks were ready to make Larry the highest paid coach in NBA history with like $14 million per year, even more than phil jackson. The Pistons right now owe Larry $18 mil for 3 years per contract, but I don't know if the buyout negociations will save them any money.

Veteran

yea so supposedly its close to official. and now i am a big fan of larry brown and the work he does (excluding his primadonna attitude)...theres two things that scare me though.

ONE- HEALTH...can he last? or will this 64 year old man with health issues already leave us high and dry sometime in the near future like we have been practically all summer. this problem is a big one..

TWO- COACHING...now i know the sound of that seems ludacris BUT think about it. We have shooters and scorers on our team. Marbury, Crawford, Q-Rich, Robinson, Ariza how could there style of play cooperate with Larry's? I think Isiah through the draft and the moves he will make the rest of the summer speak as though he was building a run and gun team. Now with Larry well be slowed down and defensively structured NOT bad at all by any means but just different from what these guys bring to the table....expect trades to come up that would please Larry's style of coaching...ANOTHER thing about his coaching is TEACHING. hes not a big fan of the rookies or young guys so to speak. Lee, Ariza, Butler, Robinson, Frye, even Craw and James are all gonna need to be taught the NBA game. and with the roster MORE than fill we all know who will be on the IL all year...ROOKIES

but if anyone can coach this team and turn it around i think it will be Larry Brown. Lets see what happens and hope for the best. Expect a few more roster moves to come up rather quickly. If we get him ill be happy and if we dont i will be aswell (i was kinda looking forward to the run and gun type of game)...

i hear larry will take a season off becasue of his health and herb will be the knicks coach by the end of the week. which mean if larry were to coach the knick next season what happens to herb

CNN SI reports this....looks like Larry won't be in the Garden...

Larry Brown and the Detroit Pistons have decided to part ways, SI.com learned Monday. The announcement will become official in the next 24 hours as the two sides haggle over the final terms, but it appears that the terms of Brown's buyout will prevent him from coaching another team for the next year.

If he is desperate to coach the Knicks, then they would have to negotiate terms of compensation with the Pistons. But if he were to move to the Knicks within the next year, I'm told that Brown would also relieve the Pistons of their remaining financial obligations to him. The exact terms of the buyout aren't known, although Brown had three years and $21 million remaining on his contract.

no waay.. it would be to nice for us to have him as a head-coach!
    Oh please!! let it happen!!

btw, NYKnicks15.. welcome back 8)

Does anyone else smell conspiracy?
    I mean, Isiah has held off on naming Herb the head coach, waiting on the Larry Brown situation. He must have known something we (fans, media) didn't. Funny how he did meet with Laimbeer, someone closely connected with the Pistons (former player, head coach of the Pistons' WNBA counterpart).
    I'm sure Isiah has some allies in the Pistons organization that knew something about the situation...Joe Dumars?
    This is all very interesting.
    Funny how Isiah didn't bother interviewing Flip Saunders, or Nate McMillan...did he interview P.J. Carlesimo?
    The only confirmed interviews I know were Phil Jackson and Laimbeer.

Superstar

yea but isiah had a falling out with pistons administration, which is why he went to indy and now nyc. i think detroit wont let him coach this year but next year we can sign him.

Originally Posted by dasilva1079
    I have a feeling Herb might still stay as an assistant coach because of Lenny's health complications.
    i think your mean LArry ahh your living in the past.

River Rocks, Port Rich (Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico PUNETA!!!)

I doubt Larry will coach this year. Herb will be named head coach, kinda last chance to prove himself. If he fails this year, Larry will be waiting, probably sooner than later.Knicks should let this play out so they don't have to compensate Detroit with a pick.

I agree. I think Herb will coach this year and Larry next year. The team will be 1 year older, and more prepared to play at LBro's level. Who know's who they'll have at that point. At this point, it sounds like anyone from marion to lebron is possible (Marion more so than james). I like the names I'm hearing now more than Travis Knight, Glen Rice, Shandon Anderson, and other overpayed, overaged, under-achieving players that were brought to the knicks during the Scott Layden era.

Originally Posted by portega1968
    I doubt Larry will coach this year. Herb will be named head coach, kinda last chance to prove himself. If he fails this year, Larry will be waiting, probably sooner than later.Knicks should let this play out so they don't have to compensate Detroit with a pick.
    i actually think this would be our best option.. we give Larry the time with his famikly, and the rest he needs, and if Herb does well we dont have to go after him..if herb doesnt do well, then Larry will be rested and then we can get Isiah to write him a check