My opinion Larry Brown to coach KNicks

Skyhi300

Benchwarmer
Look, i know from b4 i've said that Larry wouldn't coach the knicks but i'm almost certain now that he will, and quite frankly i've very happy about it, Herb's not the answer, i think with a coach like Larry the knicks will go far into the playoffs, i'd prefer Phil Jackson but Larry will do even though is voice is extremely anoying, lol too bad for the players

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
his wife said he wont and is going to spend time with the family. however, marc stein said sources close to him said hes going to take the job..wait and see

Skyhi300

Benchwarmer
Better shot at Larry coaching the kNIcks, He was apparently fired by the pistons and their negotiating a pay out not a buy out and Larrys agent was asked if Larry would coach the knicks and he said that maybe but there hasn't been an offer yet

Ewing33

Benchwarmer
Larry as the head coach...I would take it to the bank...maybe Herb as an assistant...can take over if Larry's health is bad...
Also...Larry gets the Knicks to the second round

Skyhi300

Benchwarmer
NYK Way said:
I thought I heard from Stephen A that Isiah offered Brown a 5 year contract worth 12-14mill a year.

i didnt hear that and according to Larrys Agent, hes just waiting for New YOrk to make an offer.

NYKnicks15

Starter
expect a boost in the roster if we get Larry Brown. a new starting power forward (Walker is my guess). trades, waives things will happen after signing Brown...

im excited about Brown BUT i was also excited about a run and gun team, and i know thats now what well get with Brown. i see a lot of Crawford and Q-Rich getting yelled at for lack of D. hope Larrys health can take it!

now that is all if he takes the job...i have a feeling he mite actually serve as a consultant for the knicks this summer and the season BUT will not coach until the 06-07 season. We could find out as early as tomorrow if Herb is resigned for this season and the situation on Larry.

JJtheKnick

Starter
if i had to bet my money i would say larry with be with the knicks next season. the knicks are going in the right place. they ared getting there

portega1968

El Cacique
Larry will be with the Knicks and Herb will stay on as top assistant.

Jamal, Q AND Steph will be pressured to defend (hopefully at least one of them will step it up if not all). Jamal's trade probability has risen.

Rookies will get less time if they're not ready (Nate and Lee ARE ready because they are extreme hustle guys, while Frye and Butler are screwed). Ariza will fit in nicely with Larry's game.

Hopefully, Larry stops Isiah from getting Walker and can help him bring the missing pieces using Jamal, Sweets, TT (dejavu for him) and Penny as bait.

I'd be really happy if Larry comes aboard.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
i really think herb deserves a shot wit the knicks....larry is a good coaach but he tends to have beef wit the PG

furious lord

Benchwarmer
:afro:
The reason why Brown usually has beef with his PG's are because he expects so much from that position. He was a Pg himself, so he is especially hard on anyone who plays for him at that position. I don't think that will be a problem though. Every point guard that has played for him have had breakout years under him. Steph will take his game to another level if he listens...

JJtheKnick

Starter
my say is he will help this team. he will make the younger players better. he will get us about 4 or 5 more wins then we should have. but the knicks will not be 60 and 22 or whatever. a coach is a coach but unless he’s going out there everyday and playing the game the way he wants his players to play they are going to have to show this veteran coach that him coming to the knicks is not just his dream coming true it’s a chance to bring a championship back to the garden, back to New York.

Trin_Starr

Starter
I think if LB is made coach this season, the knicks will pass the 500 mark.
The biggest adjustment will be for Steph, who will have to learn his system inside out. But Marbury is a knick to the heart and I am sure he will make the necessary sacrifices to make things work. If not, LB can always move him to SG as he did with AI back in Philly.
As far as rumors going around that Brown and Marbury will have issues - all I can say is that if LB put up with AI for SIX years - trust me, working with Marbury will not be a problem.

I think the younger players will be given their fair shot as well. Once you play hard and play LB's way - ur gonna get minutes. Just look at Tayshaun Prince. LB loves his attitude, and I think because of that, he'll like Ariza too.
As far as Milicic - I've seen him play a few summer games and he's nothing special and having Rasheed Wallace starting and McDyess as the backup - there's no way he was getting to break into that rotation.

LB will make the knicks a much better team.

thwax

Benchwarmer
It will be interesting to see what LB says about Marbury if he takes the coaching job... remember, Larry tried to get Steph off the Olympic team before they got to Athens... somehow I think we are in for quite a few more changes

NYKnicks15

Starter
actually no. larry brown and Stephon have a good relationship. i dont remember him tryin to get steph off the team but i know now they have a decent relationship. and u can see that before the games when NY had played Detroit.

but i will have to agree, i think a few changes will be made. The waiving of Allan Houston mite actually come sooner than thought. the power forward situation will be settled. i think what larry brown says Isiah will listen to, with minor guidelines.

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
look at phil and kobe. phil trashed him in his book. they managed to put that behind them.

i dont think any minor problems that marbs/brown had in the past will negatively effect browns decision to come here.

hes a 64 yr old guy. he put up with AI, who is probably a much bigger problem child than marbs is. hes mature. and marbs is maturing.

i used to think that a coach can't make too much of a difference, and i still stand by that, but i think larry brown is one of those guys who can really get the best outta his players and make them the best they can be. he can make a difference of about 4-7 games a year.

lets get him here.

thwax

Benchwarmer
it's not that steph is a problem child... it's his style of play... A.I too (he's is even harder)... steph and A.I. are GREAT players... Kobe is going the same way... somehow Shaq will all his dominance is still a team man