Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Larry offered contract to make highest paid coach in history

Hybrid View

Default Larry offered contract to make highest paid coach in history

Larry, Knicks alone at last
    July 20
    New York Daily News: "Isiah Thomas' courtship of Larry Brown began last night, almost immediately after the coach and the Detroit Pistons reached a buy-out agreement that will allow Brown to coach the Knicks or any other team next season. The Knicks president is expected to meet with the Hall of Fame coach as soon as tomorrow and is prepared to offer Brown a five-year contract worth between $50 million and $60 million, which would make him the highest-paid coach in NBA history. "

i think isaih didnt have to spend THAT much on him......wth is he thinking

coaches salery is apart of the Cap right?

WHAT ON FRIKKIN EARTH if there gonna go after a coach that hard it should've been Phil Jackosn

its pretty much an almost definate he will coach the knicks

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

on the front page

Veteran

we DID go after Phil that hard he just wanted no part of our roster. simple as that...and besides for the advantage in rings how is Phil better than Larry???

Yes, Phil wanted no part of us!

LB is a great teacher... that's what our young players need... mold them and shape them now... engrain some defense and team concepts... it'll go a longway for down the road

Lurker

Default Larry brown is the best available

Listen we are screwed cap wise as far personnel goes. Larry is the best coach available... possibly the best coach in the nba, so i don't mind signing him for the price we are hearing. Its a way to get us better w/ out altering our cap. Look around the nba most teams would love to have this guy. Were handcuffed financially with the cap but this makes us better because coaches are not considered part of the cap.

Lurker

Originally Posted by Skyhi300
    WHAT ON FRIKKIN EARTH if there gonna go after a coach that hard it should've been Phil Jackosn
    We would of offered Phil that type of money and so would of alot of different teams, but he decided to stay put in LA.

at least we can forget abou the coachs of the knicks for awhile because there is no one better then Brown

Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar

Default Faulty information

I'm not sure where you got your figures from but according to ESPN and NY Post, the knicks are prepaired to offer brown 60 million for 5 years. That's just over what Phil's making with the Lakers.

best option for a looking for a coach?

revive red holtzman from his grave

I'm not sure where you got your figures from but according to ESPN and NY Post, the knicks are prepaired to offer brown 60 million for 5 years

If u read wut i said i already had stated that.

and i got this from prosportsdaily.com then went to basektball rumors then to ny knicks

"the knicks are in salary cap hell. But w/ Larry Brown, the knicks will be in coaching heaven." -J.Heyman, Newsday

so the coaches salery does not go in with the player saleries????

Remember what happend to Lenny Wilkens? Remember Stephon interupting a press confrence just to welcome Lenny to NY w/ a big hug and a handshake? Everybody made him sound like he was the great coach for NY. I had my hopes up then. I thoght since they had certain similarities, Lenny and Step would be able to work out. It didn't. And Don Nelson when he was in NY? I never liked Nelson, but he's respected. he eventually got chased out of NY. How long did Van Gundy stay in NY as HeadCoach/AssistantCoach? The point is they were all pretty good coaches, but the game play and execution just didn't happen. As time passed so has the NYK defense system that Riley/VGundy . We have great coaches, but we really need to rebuild our defense. If we had better/tighter defense, the outcome of those close games would benefit the knicks instead of adding marks to the loss column. I hope there is good CHEMISTRY between the coaches and the players(larry/herb). We have good coaches, but we have lazy, over paid, airheaded athletes. I hope Stephon doesn't chase Larry away. Hopefully things are really well between the two. Larry said he'd assign Herb as an assistant coach. Does this mean no more Paul Westphal and Aguire/Malone?

Larry Brown is the best coach in the NBA. He would be perfect for the job.