lamar odom

nyk35

Benchwarmer
What about lamar odom for tim thomas , we would get rid of tim thomas and get a 6'10 sf who actually rebounds and is consistent. The only problem is i dont think l.a would accept this trade

Trin_Starr

Starter
I doubt LA would do this, because one of the big reasons Phil came back to coach LA was because i think he sees a MJ-Pippen combo in Kobe and Odom.

ny3nyk

Rotation player
jax sees things in odom, they will never trade him. the guy is from queens, he belongs in ny!!!!!!!

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
u guys are crazy.....tim thomas is way better then odom i dont no why all yall are hatin on timmy for....

he had prollems in the beginning of the season and he pulled through for us in the second half.....i believe he can still do that......

odom is a very inconsistant player and hes not much of a shooter

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
Lamar Odom is a far better player than Tim Thomas is... Lamar is much younger, gets about 3 times as many rebounds as thomas does, gets more assists than Thomas does, shoots a higher field goal percentage, and is a better free throw shooter... for all those reasons the lakers would not trade odom straight up for TT. no way

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
congrats on ur 1000th post

but i have to disagree with u

tim thomas would of had the better stats if he played the first half like he did the second

he had family problems witch messed with his game

NYKnicks15

Starter
that is true and i respect Tims family issues and i hope they all get cleared up for good BUT did family issues mess with his game for the first SEVEN years of his career??? NO

i like tim but for Odom, id bite in a second.

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
Tim thomas has always been a good shooter... i just looked online to double check he has good Fg and 3pt%

but i also checked on how many minutes he got per game

last year he only played 27 mins a game and for his carrear he averaged 26.4 mins for his carrear

its obvious that he wusnt getting played as much as he should of been and his shooting atributes were great

carear-443 fg%
3pt- .368% and thats including a few bad years early in his carear.....

averaging 4 rebounds a game with less then 30 minutes isnt bad......

if tim could get more minutes he could be an allstar type player.....but with ariza at sf he wont get those huge number

but he will still produce like he has been in his carear

jayjay

Rookie
mannn you people make me sick both thomas/odom were and are STILL! under achievers why would you want to trade TT in a contract year you people are sick this kid is gonna definetly show his potential this year (like so many others have done during contract season) he will be a beast this season why in the hell are we talking about trading him.

e_D

Benchwarmer
Jayjay makes a good point. Contract year, Tim is playing for money now. He's gonna step it up hardcore if he wants another big contract. Use him to our benefit this season, sign him on the cheap or let him walk when he expires. It's the first step to clearing cap space.

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
its not very true at all.....he was a very good player for those 7 years if u read my post!

he doesnt even play for 30 mins for a game.....

if he was a 35 min player he would get 6 rebounds a game 18 pnts a game and u guys woulnt be hatin on him like that

its hard to put up all star numbers if u dont get the minutes to play

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
omg how is this a good trade...........TIM THOMAS IS BETTER THEN ODU,.......

and where did u get that information

odom is like 26 27 years old

ny3nyk

Rotation player
i think crawford fan got mixed up with odom and divac. i would trade thomas for odom in a heartbeat, odom would probably play significantly better because hes back home in ny

Jazzyknicks33

Benchwarmer
Lamar Odom put up nice numbers with Miami but kobe limited odoms production. Tim thomas is not odom. He's a good sf (SF, not pf). I would rather have odom because he can score just as well but he's a better defender and rebounder.