lamar odom

thwax

Benchwarmer
I'd take Odom over TT anyday too... but Odom is not the guy we need to build longterm... we need a Rasheed, a K-Mart (without the NY bashing), a Zach Randoph (without the baggage)... these are the grind and tough inside guys we are needing... Odom looked soft with Kobe on the floor and that would worry me

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
we cant just pick up a guy like Rasheed/Kmart/Randolph and put them at small forward, i think thats what were talking about, but you definently make a good point, Odom is not a guy to be looking to the future for

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
Lamar is a good player, better than TT that's for sure. Tim's play is erratic at best and Odem is more consistant. There's no way LA would let him go, not with Jackson being back at the helm. Odem's game can fit the triangle offense, and Jackson has already stated that Odem will get equal touches with Kobe. But for argument sake, TT for odem is a hell of a trade and he would make the Knicks a better team. He handles the ball well, drive to the basket and can hit a 3 from time to time. He also plays very good D, so he is overall a better player than TT. I would hold off on trading TT 'till we get closer to the trade deadline, see if Pheonix will still be looking to dump Mations salary. There will also be more options as well around Feb! There are a couple of poeple who post that seems to love TT and I don't understand why?!? He hasn't shown anything that gives him any value. He is to slow for the 3 and get's bullied at the 4. He has had some break out games, but not consistant enough and also long stretches in between them.

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
why is he retiring? and why are we talking about him if hes retiring. and if hes not retiring, if there are no proposed rumors that the lakers wanna trade him, whats the point in talking about him??

jeez...i know that theres not that much news, but some topics lately reall just seem forced and i cant believe how many replies they have gotten

20 is a CROOK

Benchwarmer
Tim Thomas is an AWFUL player period

Anyone can play like he did in the 2nd half on an obsolete team and having the other teams 3rd best defender guarding you and getting the ball handed to you right under the basket by Marbury.

He is Soft

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
20.....his stats dont lie.....

if u read the post i made it wasnt just one half.....HES BEEN DOING IT HIS CAREAR.....look at his Fg % 3pt% yea he averages 4 rebounds a game

but he only plays 26 minutes per game.....he has a very acurate shot....he can drive into the paint and score.....he can back down......he can score facing towards and away from the basket

he can hit the 2 and 3 ball....he has a good Ft%..

before u make assuptions by looking at his ppg and his rbpg........look deaper into his stats

its hard to average 6rebounds and over 20pnts in less then 30 minutes of work