what do you think the starting five should be?

NYKnicks15

Starter
well Curry has been said to be in better shape than everyone thought..just not playing shape yet. Curry said hell be there by the start of the season and Im sure larry brown well make sure of that..

now davis wont be here, thats my personal opinion. from sources its the same. either by buyout or retirement. simple as that.

so Frye's foot being healed, Curry being in shape, Davis gone and NO chance of Houston being in condition to start and run a anyone where past 15 minutes a game..houston if able will back up crawford, qrich can start at SF letting Ariza back him up, now the PF/C spots..

you need two things on the front court at all time to be successful (thats my opinion) a SHOTBLOCKER and a SCORER..Curry isnt that defensively sound and being an incredible scorer id have him play the PF, James is a good shotblocker so you let him stand in the middle and take up space...Frye backs up James putting another shotblocker in and Taylor backs up Curry to put another good scorer in...

C James
PF Curry
SF Richardson
SG Crawford
PG Marbury

Ewing33

Benchwarmer
The only problem
I see with starting James and Curry is that they could both easily get in early foul trouble...I think that we have the offense so we can afford to look at someone like Rose in the lineup as well.

How about
Steph Nate
Craw
Q Ariza
Rose Lee/Frye
Curry James

still think we need another guard...I bet Snow is here by Christmas

portega1968

El Cacique
I'm pretty certain LB will go with Rose at the PF because of his defense and Curry is certain to start in the middle.

I think the SF spot is still undecided, although most people are assuming that QRich will get the nod at the 3 along with Jamal at SG. There may be a slight chance that Ariza could start at the SF with QRich at SG and Jamal first guard off the bench.

In sum, I think Larry will go this way:

C - Curry
PF - Rose
SF - Ariza
SG - Qrich
PG - Stephon

I also think he'll stick to an 8man rotation with Jamal, James and Lee getting most of the minutes off the bench.

Nate, Mo and Frye will only get theirs in garbage time or if needed 'cause of injuries.

ny3nyk

Rotation player
breaking news just in: dasilva1079 has been hit in the head and thinks marbury should play the 2 and mo taylor start over rose/frye/curry. its a risky move moving marbury to sg, he was JUST FINE play point. yes crawford should play more time at pg but coming off the bench. the 2 position is q's now and ariza should definitly get more minutes, if not start. as for the center position, james could start with curry playing the 4.

coming up: my cholesterol level

hoop115

Benchwarmer
I think the only reason why dasilva put Marbury at the 2 is b/c of his ability to get into the lane. There's also been some talk of Brown moving him there b/c of what he did w/ AI but nothing serious. Part of the reason why such discussion have surfaced is b/c although Marbury is a great offensive player, he has been criticized for not having the ability to lead the team and run the entire offensive flow of the team. I think if Marbury can suck up his ego a bit, he'll be able to learn alot from Larry Brown be the PG that Larry, the Knicks and all of us fans need him to be.

I don't know if Taylor is any worse starting at the 4 than Rose or Frye. Rose plays tremendous defense but if Curry is our starting 5, someone is gonna need to do the rebounding, something Rose doesn't do too particularly well given his height. In regards to Frye, don't get me wrong, I have been the biggest advocate of him starting as our PF but only to develop him as our PF of the 'future'. I don't think that given his current level of ability that he would exactly be the best choice at the 4. The one thing he has going for himself is that he is a rook and he'll be hungry. That might play to his advantage b/c based on Curry's past playing history, we need someone like that playing along side him (i.e. tyson chandler). Taylor has a very decent offensive game. He just came over to us in bad playing shape b/c of the injury he sustained the year before while in Houston. He is one those players labeled as having a 'poor work ethic'. If he could somehow change then he wouldn't be a bad temporary choice to start the season.

PG Marbury (Nate)
SG Crawford (Houston until he can come in & start, then roles reverse)
SF QRich (Ariza)
PF Frye (Rose/Taylor)
C Curry (James)

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
lets not forget that both james and curry are below average in rebounding. rebounds are a very underrated statistic. extra rebounds mean extra possessions. extra possessions, even if its just one or two a game, can make a big difference.

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
If you start both James and Curry who is gonna be backup center? Frye ???????

I think Curry should start center cause of his talent and share minutes with James so we always have a big body down the middle.

Q Rich is definetely taking the SF position, so Ariza gonna be backing him up.

I think Larry Brown will experiment with Marbury just like he did with Iverson and Marbury will eventually play the SG position, leaving Crawford running the point since Nate ain't ready yet.

Now PF is what is the trickiest. There is no sure thing. I personally would go with MO because of his height and his abilities in the offensive end. This dude can draw some fouls which can get the opposing team's big man on the bench. Rose is not going to do that but he will rebound. I picture Frye getting limited minutes. And am pretty sure Lee is going to impress Larry enough to earn some backup minutes.

pbjb14

Benchwarmer
i dont see the major problem with mo taylor at pf as for as how realistic it is...larry brown said that marbury qrich and motaylor were showing great leadership qualities out of everyone on teh team

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
If we have this starting lineup:
Curry
Taylor
QR
JC
SM
We would be the lowest rebounding team in the NBA and have the highest shot attempts in NBA history. Never mind the smallest... I think we should go with this:
C- James
PF- Curry
sm- Ariza
SG- QR
PG- SM

Now, we would have 2 7 ft 300 punders in the front court. I think Brown can help both Curry and JJ with their D. I still think we need to make another move to get better at the 3. This way I would start Ariza at the 2 and bring QR off the bench. I like Darius Miles from portland. I get a lot of heat from this forum when I mention DM but I think his D and his inside game is what the Knicks need. I also like Stephan Jackson from Indiana as well. I think we are just a move or 2 from being a real power house and Brown will get the team motivated or they will be so miserable they will want out of NY.

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
BUMP....now that our roster has been overhauled again.... looks like its steph, q (if hes healthy), penny (who else?), davis and curry. any thoughts?