Thread: Dolan: Isiah has year to turn Knicks around

Default Dolan: Isiah has year to turn Knicks around

NEW YORK -- Isiah Thomas has one year to turn around the New York Knicks -- something Larry Brown couldn't do. And if Thomas doesn't, he'll be gone, too.

"At this time next year, Isiah will be with us if we can all sit here and say that this team has made significant progress towards its goal of eventually becoming an NBA championship team. If we can't say that, then Isiah will not be here."

"I'm saying this right with Isiah here. This is his team," Madison Square Garden chairman James Dolan said Monday. "He made this bed. There's nobody better than him to make this thing go forward.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Man, I need a new avatar and sig.

i saw this interview on TV and i cant believe larry brown wanted 6 players waived totalling 180 million dollars...i didnt like larry brown b4 i heard all this but not i really hate this guy

Veteran

Yeah, did you see the panic in Isiah's face??? He's looking like "what kind of monster did I create??" Maybe he thought he would have more time to turn it around. If he happens to make into the playoff with this collection of players he will deserve coach of the year.

Brown didn't want to cut all those guys. Probably just Maurice Taylor, Jerome James and Malik Rose. Marbury and Francis are tradeable assets, no matter what people say.

Veteran

well they recalculated and the real figure was only 160m, so our cable rates are safe (at least for this month)..

as to trading our 'point guards' (star and franchise).. i doubt there are any takers out there... and even if there are, we gotta take back an equal amount of bad contracts...

as the 'don' said 'anybody can be hit'... i mean traded

Trading the franchise without giving him an equal chance is a no-no.

Thats right, Zeke should give him some playing time and hope, that Francis could rise his value -what doesn't seem to be to difficult, because right now he's on the bottom - and then try to get a nice deal done between Xmas and ASG. J. Rose And Mo T. would also become more valuable just before the trading deadline.
    It's interesting to see how Zeke is going to handle this situation

No i mean we should mold the franchise for our SG spot and mold starbury for more of our PG spot....it's not everyday when you have 2 of the top 5 combo guards in the league...

Originally Posted by datruth
    i saw this interview on TV and i cant believe larry brown wanted 6 players waived totalling 180 million dollars...i didnt like larry brown b4 i heard all this but not i really hate this guy
    Believe it my friend. Let me bend over so you can kiss my a$$, and $50 million times at that.

LB will do anything to make a roster "His" roster. The egos of LB and IT collided and IT won the battle and now has a chance to win the war...stay tuned

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by datruth

That was a bad thing?