Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Official Welcome Larry Brown Thread

Here we come NBA FINALS!!!!!!

"Here we come NBA FINALS!!!!!!"

Dont get carried away

All we need now is Houston to make a come back this season and we are going to tear teams apart.
    Specially those punk Nets, they got a nice starting five going but with no bench backing them up though, I wonder if they are going to be able to handle all the waves we throw at them without getting into foul trouble.......ahhh this is going to be a FUN SEASON

"this is going to be a FUN SEASON "

dont get carried away

just bringin larry brown does not automatically make us a winning team........lenny wilkins one of the greatest coaches of all time came in last year and me as well of others thought......that this season would be a done deal.....but it didnt work

unless zeke can make some good moves to rid of of some of our extra players and come up with a quality starting PF then i wouldnt get exited

rite now i believe we have the best bench in all of basketball

Nate
    jamal
    ariza
    J.Williams
    Frye or whoever we plug at center......

that bench wouldnt be a bad starting 5.....we could beat the hawks

if we can get a good PF then that pretty much makes us a playoff team.....idont like sweetney starting at the 4....he is slow and we already have the "girth" that isaih wanted in the paint.....

i see frye being a starter sooner then yall think...he is a very good player and hes shown that in the summer league.....the only downside to his summer was his foul trouble.....

everyone here were to busy admireing nate robinsons game and overlooked frye.....but frye played very well......

well see how it will all pan out during exibition this october

I thought David Lee played much better than Frye in the Summer League and I think he should get and most likely will get playing time from Brown.

i see Lee being a good bench player....he will be valubal like a malik rose or a jerome williams to us

but i dont really see him starting......but who noes...he could prove me wrong and become amazing(i would like for him to prove me rong.lol) but who noes......

River Rocks, Port Rich (Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico PUNETA!!!)

More than foul trouble, Frye's biggest shortcoming in the summer league was rebounding, something that will plague him for some time. Ain't no way that kid is starting a single game this year. Now David Lee, that guy can outrebound most opponents and he will get more minutes than Frye ( I think Nate got more boards than Frye in summer league).

Veteran

Heres a nice little excerpt from the NEW YORK POST...

I would hope so," Brown told The Post's Steve Serby yesterday at Brown's East Hampton home. "I think the pieces are in place. We've got a great owner [James Dolan] who's not afraid to give you the things necessary to win. You've got a bright guy [Isiah Thomas] running the franchise who's unbelievably competitive and relentless. You've got as good a fan base as anybody can possibly have. You've got a city everyone wants to play in and live [in].

"I think when you consider the things that are in place, we should be hopeful we're fighting for a championship. I realize it hasn't happened since 1973. But that's what they hired me for. I understand that."

Thomas branded Brown "the turnaround king."

"I hope people recognize I love to teach and coach and maybe we have some young players where I can make a difference," Brown said.

Sweet its official, this season is going to be insane..

i hope thomas is right and Larry is the turnaround king, i dont know what id do if we have a sucky season with him on board

It's all how this team reacts to Brown and his style of coaching. Also if Brown pushes for changes and Isiah also... This determines how this Broan era will turn out. I'm expecting pretty good results acually....

the best coach in the NBA.

wow, no one saw what was really coming. oh well. nobody's gonna read this, but what tha hell. I think we should have kept brown, and just blow everything up after the 23 win season. we should have drafted marcus williams at the draft so brown won't have a "no-head" running the point. Then we should have just rebuilt from then on and maybe we would have been competitive next season. we probably would've lost in the playoffs, but at least we might have been competitive.

no, know why? 2 words Mike D'Antoni