Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Larry and Ariza

Default Larry and Ariza

With Larry now in the fold... I think that he is going to really take a liking to Trevor Ariza!

Ariza is a young, moldable defensive minded player with spark and a LOT of upside! This could be a great investment for us... Larry is a defensive master, a phenomenal teacher... for example: he took tayshan prince and made him into a real impact player... THIS COULD BE A GREAT HIGHPOINT in a challenging year to come!

I totally agree, Larry Brown has made average players who could not find a home in the league, into some of the best players in the league. The Knicks have a lot of young, hungry players who Larry can do the same thing for.

I think he will have the biggest impact on Ariza. He has loads of potential, and with the right teachings, he could be better than Prince. He is more athletic, and is a lot stronger.

I think Larry will be great in the development of all our rookies, and hopefully will finally turn all of Marbury's talents into some wins.

i mean honestly i still say Brown will make Ariza into better player but give credit where credit is due, Rick Carlisle molded these talents into what they are he trusted T.Prince by putting him on the other teams go to player during the playoffs B.Wallace was defensive player of the year before L.Brown got there & its really only one difference as to why L.Brown was able to make the Pistons into Champions and thats Rasheed Wallace.
    I love L.Brown & all but he shouldn't get credit Rick Carlisle molded that team into beasts before L.Brown got there and had also got them to the Eastern conference finals Minus Rasheed Wallace so imagine if he had R.Wallace.

I just want a winning team this season and for Marbury to silence his critics.

True, I think Ariza will get minutes and really benefit from the teachings of Coach Brown (that sounds pretty good.) And even though I know Coach Brown has a thing against rookies, I think he's gonna give Nate some decent minutes this year and hopefully mold him into a star. I wonder how he's gonna handle our C/PF situation.. JJames and Sweets getting the bulk, and Frye the odd man out?

Superstar

ariza kinds reminds me of prince a little, minus some of the range. hopefully brown will shape him and ariza will keep this after he leaves.

ariza and prince have different games in my opinion, both defensive and moldable, Ariza has more upside and more spark... sure Prince is solid and stable, blocks shots which i can't see Ariza doing too much of... already last year Herb was putting Ariza on guys like Wade... sure he got a little schooled, but the guys has some upside with more weight this year too

Veteran

Ariza's game is different to an extent I'll have to agree. But I think we will see the number 21 NOT only a lot more but for years to come in a New York Knicks jersey.

Ariza is different than Prince. Prince is different than Ariza. BUT Trevor Ariza WILL be Larry Brown's NEW Tayshaun Prince.

thwax Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 19:05 PM Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ariza and prince have different games in my opinion, both defensive and moldable, Ariza has more upside and more spark... sure Prince is solid and stable, blocks shots which i can't see Ariza doing too much of... already last year Herb was putting Ariza on guys like Wade... sure he got a little schooled, but the guys has some upside with more weight this year too
    hey Prince also got schooled Ariza's a heck of a shot blocker @ his size sometimes i sit back and dream he would sprout up to atleast 6'10 6'11 and become the teams next Camby =) Ariza & Camby's games are weirdly much alike not bad if Ariza can develop his jumpshot to Sprewell's Level =) i can dream can't i dammit lol

i know larry will make ariza a much better defender, but prince was different. he was 6'9 and had a 7'1 wingspan. but im sure ariza will develop fine under brown

River Rocks, Port Rich (Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico PUNETA!!!)

I think you'll see Larry help David Lee a lot.

I love Ariza's skills. But his year will be next year. Tim Thomas will get the time and he and Penny will play out their contracts because the Knicks won't want any one back at those salaries unless they are getting a stud big man for them which is highly unlikely. Ariza and Crawford will come off the bench until next year. And I think before the deadline you may see Marbury moved for a big man if they intend to have Tim and Penny play out their contract.

ariza can 2 block shots....wut knick game have u been watching

larry doesnt like timmy and will trade him again like he did in philly larry will control this team now and will tell isiah what to do or he will leave none of you read espn article ? zayibalee!!!!!!!

i wouldn't call less than 1 block every four games a prolific shot block... the guy is going to be a great defensive player and will get a few block shots... he has a great steal to turnover ratio... and will get far more steals on the defensive end than blocked shots... Tayshaun gets almost a block a game (sure he plays twice the minutes)... they are different players... i'm just pleased we've get one of them... and Ariza is only turning 20!

ariza will get close to a block per game.......if he was to be a starter.......

ariza say gets 13 a game......and tayshone gets 35 mins a game thats a huge difference