What kind of Knick Fan Do You Hate The Most?

furious lord

Benchwarmer
:afro:
I have to admit, I have encountered alot of pain in the ass Knick fans who do nothing but complain about the team, blame all the problems on the one star player, always assume the worst, and want to fire or trade someone after every loss. It seems like because of all the losing, we're becoming alot like Met fans, who think every move is a bad move, and if they get somebody good, something bad is gonna happen. Who are the most annoying Knick fans? The chicks who say Knicks suck and can't even name anyone on the roster? The ones who say fire Isaiah when he's only been here for alittle over a year? The ones who blame everything on the star player, don't even watch the games, base their opinions on boxscores and pull meaningless stats out of their asses just to prove stupid points? Gimme your opinion please

nyk33334

Benchwarmer
yeah. There are negative and positive knick fans. At the same time they might be honest, or they may not know a thing about the team or the game. Mistakes happen. Nobody's perfect, that's the whole point of sports. Whatever. We had our bragging rights not so long ago. Then when Patrick started sucking, everyone let him know how much he did suck. We ran him out of NY only to be begging for him back not even a year later. I hated when MSG was about to cut the Knicks tv time/slot. There are haters who choose to dwell in negativity, and there are true die hard fans who still have hope no matter what. Be positive, have hope. If you want to hate on the knicks because of their shortcomings, I understand. We've been patient for to long. Hopefully Larry Brown will draw more cheers than jeers.

*NEW*YORK*BASKETBALL*!!* :hump:

ny3nyk

Rotation player
i hate the fans when they claim they like the knicks but they dont know jack about them and think they do. also they offer ideas about the roster that will make the knicks worse

jayjay

Rookie
people who call themselves fans when the knicks are winning but abandon the team when they lose oh and most of all those that base there opinions from what the media says or agrees with any and everything that the media says ex - "media: marbury is the problem"
"fake fan that doesn't even watch games: hmm..i'm gonna blame him from now on also" and finally fake knicks fans that say this & that team are better if you a true fan dellusional or not NO team is better than the knicks there should always be that glitter in you're eye saying the knicks will win every game. basically if you don't support the knicks to the fullest and yet call yourself a fan i honestly don't like you.

jayjay

Rookie
there had to be a ******** that didn't see what i meant that the comment for example say the knicks we're playing the Heat dont sit there and be like "shaq's gonna kill them" "they don't have a chance" true or not as a fan u should be more along the lines of "they got a chance" or "u neva know" like when you believe in a underdog no matter what anyone says at this very moment the underdog = the knicks like when every was saying "detroit doesn't stand a chance" "theres no one to stop shaq" but i'm sure there was a fan there that said to themselves "i believe" and you know how that series ended.

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
y am a i a ********.......o because u said somthing dumb and didnt explain urself so that makes me a ********

u said that a true fan should think the knicks are the best team and there are NO TEAMS that were better......

" if you a true fan dellusional or not NO team is better than the knicks there should always be that glitter in you're eye saying the knicks will win every game."

u din explain urself like u did in the second post

G-Hutch

Rookie
There's nothing worse than fake @$$ fans that go to the game, sit courtside and don't pay attention to the action while the REAL FANS sit in Section 200 or higher!

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
numbers dont lie. box scores and stats can definetely tell you a lot about a player. of course, there's a lot more to a player than just the numbers he puts up. for example, on jamal crawford's stat line you cant really tell that he is a really pathetic defender. and, on JYD's stat line, you cant tell that he hustles every play and gives it all hes got.

i personally have questioned many moves that isiah has made, and dont think that hes a good gm. hes a great scout, and a good talent evaluator, for the most part, but he makes some real boneheaded moves. acquiring rose and taylor is a perfect example. i think its ok for a fan to be pessimistic about the team, because after all, we have been a really medicore team the last few years. we have by far the highest payroll and so many resources to be a good team, its extremely depressing for the team not to be good. the yankees spend a boatload of money every year, but they are championship contenders year in year out. we should be too.

H20 OFFdaHizZLe

Benchwarmer
a knick fan said:
numbers dont lie. box scores and stats can definetely tell you a lot about a player. of course, there's a lot more to a player than just the numbers he puts up. for example, on jamal crawford's stat line you cant really tell that he is a really pathetic defender. and, on JYD's stat line, you cant tell that he hustles every play and gives it all hes got.

i personally have questioned many moves that isiah has made, and dont think that hes a good gm. hes a great scout, and a good talent evaluator, for the most part, but he makes some real boneheaded moves. acquiring rose and taylor is a perfect example. i think its ok for a fan to be pessimistic about the team, because after all, we have been a really medicore team the last few years. we have by far the highest payroll and so many resources to be a good team, its extremely depressing for the team not to be good. the yankees spend a boatload of money every year, but they are championship contenders year in year out. we should be too.
yea that was what i was saying... u can't see the whole player juss by logging on the nba.com and looking at the stats. just from stats, there would be no way bruce bowen would be starting for the world champions.

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
I hate the fans that wear rose colored glasses. I hate the fans that want a quick fix for the Knicks' current situation. Let's get real. Larry Brown is an old coach, who has won an NBA title 1 in 25 years. He doesn't like to march young guys out there to fight for him (ask Darko Milicic). Now look at the Knicks current roster. Does anyone feel like this is the next Detroit? I don't. James Dolan knows or cares very little about this team. We've got a glut of young cats that are hungry to play in the league. I really hope Ariza gets to play. He and the other draft picks are the future. Unless we can get Ron Artest, we should keep him. TT & Penny should stay so that there contracts come off the Knicks' books. How the Knicks fare will have a lot to do with there willingness to play defense. They were 18th last year, so they've got to play in the top 10 to have any improvement. I love the Knicks, I just love reality a bit more. So before anyone tries to get on me for what I'm saying, realize that what I've just laid out is the way things are.

nyk33334

Benchwarmer
oooooo. maybe your'e the kind of Knick fan I dont like. j/k. Yea reality IS reality. But we aren't really trying to get a title right away. We, the fans, just want to be proud of our home team once again. We want to root for another winning New York team. The Knicks have been awful, but w/ Larry we have a better chance of improvement. Coach Brown has made his mark on the sport of pro-basketball. Have'nt you heard how many times he's turned awful teams into tough contenders? He breaths basketball, he's an expert. He knows his role as a Head Coach. It all depends on how the players react to him. We have good rookies and vets on the team. A championship would be awesome, but we just need some relief from a bad season. We should def atleast make it to the 2nd round.

portega1968

El Cacique
If you're a Knick fan, whoever you are, let me tell you I love you for it. You're my brother in arms.

Were you watching when Starks couldn't buy a three against the Rockets? Were you watching when Charles Smith tried and tried and tried? Were you watching when Reggie gave Spike the choke signal at MSG after those 8 points in 8 seconds? Were you watching when Duncan and Robinson were jumping at MSG while our warrior Spree looked in disbelief? Do you remember the wakeup call we got from the Celtics on opening night last year? Remember January 2005?

Being a Knick fan is inexplicable to others who have not suffered through all that pain. If you're a Knick fan like me, the hurt is way in there. We demand compensation and you know what I mean. We speak the same language when we're Knick fans, whether you're in Romania, Brooklyn, Cali, Strong Island or Siberia. The Blue and Orange is a family, and like all families, we are not perfect.

That's why I can't debate what kind of Knick fan I hate 'cause I have a soft spot for anyone who can undertsand what being a Knick fan means.

Now, if the question were what type of fan do you hate, well I can't stand those who come in here and curse out other Knick fans unnecessarily.

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
I hate knick fans who (as stated as before) go only by stats and donot watch acually nba games....

im going to bring this arguement witch ive fought previously and will fight with every user on this board about Tim Thomas.

he is a great player but people dont see past the 12 ppg and the 4 rebounds a game.....instead of looking at those stats and if u seen the kind of minutes he got...he produced very well....

12 onts and 4 rebounds in only 26 mins a game is great......if u calculate and say that he would play 32-35 mins a game he would have about

16-18 a game and 6 boards........and if he duz as good as he did second half.......we can be an easy playoff team

madskillz7312

Benchwarmer
i'm a bit in a rush to go somewhere, so i'm not reading the previous posts, i'll take a look later and add to this, but for now, i must say the Knick Fans I hate the most are the "fake ones" the ones who claim to be Knick fans when they're only there when were winning, or the fans who critisize wayy too much, to the point its annoying and ridicouls. Also the way over optimistic fans and basiaclly the way pessamistic fans, a real fan knows when to be optamistic and pessamistic....

And i mean fans who are like that consistantly, i have to admit i'm both every now and then, but not too extreme, its hard to explain i guess... haha!

Theres a fine line between the pesamistic fans and the ones who have hope, and alot of it by the way....

-er i'm bad at explaining this, it's kinda of difficult to explain they way fans are, and the how the real ones are and should act.... o well, try to make that make sense.... haha!