Allan Houston

H20 OFFdaHizZLe

Benchwarmer
i know everyone hates allan houston....he gets injured too much, he's not physical enough, he cant rebound or play defense, and most of all he eats up too much money.

well guess what? I LOVE ALLAN HOUSTON!!!!! although he cant shoot or move as well as he used to, i used to love watching him play. so please man dont say bad things about allan houston. he is and will always be my favorite player in the NBA~~

portega1968

El Cacique
talk about living in the past... jeeeezez

Did you know Allan still can't run at full speed? I love the guy also but, if he really can't play, he should be a gentleman and retire.

furious lord

Benchwarmer
:afro:
It's always sad to watch your idols fall. Had the same experience watching Larry Johnson go down. LJ was a beast in this league when he first came out. He was probably the most physically imposing PF I'd ever seen in his prime. 6' 7 265 pounds of muscle with mad hops , could shoot
and score with either hand. He was never the same after those back problems, lost his explosiveness with the Knicks.

I never thought Houston got the credit he deserved. He looks like he is nearing the end of his career unfortunately, at 34 it is extremely difficult to come back from his kind of injuries. Hope he does the right thing.

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
New York Post (scroll down) (registration required): "Houston still is not running full speed, and Brown could be the one to convince him to retire... Isiah Thomas wants to add a big power forward and has pursued Antoine Walker in a sign-and-trade with Boston, but Walker may not be Brown's type of player: all offense, no defense."

from prosportsdaily.com

NYKnicks15

Starter
I dont believe ANY ONE hates Allan Houston. We mite hate his contract!..but we dont hate the person, the player. He was great for us but all good things come to an end. Sadly he falls in that category and sadly his knees fell a victim to that statement...

On that note, there will be no need for Allan Houston to retire. Because before August 15th Allan Houston will be waived from the New York Knicks roster. The new CBA made amnesty clause dubbed the "Allan Houston Rule" will go into effect tuesday morning and teams will have until the aforementioned date to do so.

I know you are not reading BUT at this point I would like to take this time to thank Allan Houston personally for all he has done for the Knicks over the years and for truly being a class act through out his rehab, even attempting to come back early to help us out. I hope your knees will eventually get better and maybe even give you a chance to play for another team. THANK YOU and GOOD HEALTH!!! :)

FOREVER GREATFUL TO
ALLAN HOUSTON

hoop115

Benchwarmer
As much as I appreciate the heroics and all that Houston has given to the organization and its fans, he has to realize that the organization and its fans have given him the same in return. He's been injured for the past two years but still earning one of the fattest pay checks in the league. More importantly his contract contains a no trade clause that the organization gave to him as a sign of appreciation for all his accomplishments.

Not that there were many suitors for his albatross of a contract when he had some tradeable value, but none the less his no trade clause made it virtually impossible for him to be traded. The Knicks were never able to include him in any possible trade scenarios in the past, that could've netted us some decent if not great players and/or salaray cap relief.

It would be sad for the Knicks and their fans to see him merely waived and then play for another team. You can't blame Houston for still wanting to play the game of basketball, but the Knicks need him to retire so that his contract can come off both the salary cap and luxury tax plus give the Knicks the ability to waive someone else's monster contract.

In doing so Houston would have to leave the game of basketball for atleast two years, which basically means for good since that would be a total of 4 years removed from the game. If he retires, the NBA insurance co. is liable for the remainder of his contract, but if he were to unretire then the NBA insurance co. will have to pay out the amount of games that he actually sat out.

What would you do?

nyk33334

Benchwarmer
You guys think Isiah would lure Houston to retire by offering to retire his #20? Imagine how much more productive he would've been if he didn't mess up his knee? It isn't his fault. I loved Allan, specially during the Miami Heat beefs. Its time to move on, take one for the team richboy. Although, I have seen previous post where some fans would rather hold on to allan due to the whole luxtax/salcap situation. It would be amazing if he pulled a Grant Hill.

:hump: New York :hump: Basketball!! :hump:

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
i def have mad love for him, especially when he was in his prime. you have to blame the gm for giving him that kind of a contract, not him. i dont think you can blame him for being injured either. however, you can blame him for eating our money if hes not healthy enough to play. its a shame the nba doesnt have a rule where u can cut salaries if a player misses over half a season or something/

H20 OFFdaHizZLe

Benchwarmer
pyotrveliky said:
i def have mad love for him, especially when he was in his prime. you have to blame the gm for giving him that kind of a contract, not him. i dont think you can blame him for being injured either. however, you can blame him for eating our money if hes not healthy enough to play. its a shame the nba doesnt have a rule where u can cut salaries if a player misses over half a season or something/
yea i totally agree!! thanks man i feel better now lol
MAD LOVE TO ALLAN HOUSTON!!! even if u retire, im ur #1 fan!!!!

20 is a CROOK

Benchwarmer
Allan Houston was a good player, and he did a lot of great things for our organization. However he was never even close to being the best SG in the league, and like everyone else never got us over the hump. Sadly though he will always be remembered for his outrageous contract and his injuries, not for his playing.

He should be a man and retire, do the right thing and give the people of New York and bigger chance to have a winning team. There is no possible way allan can pull a Grant Hill. He has been on and off the court way longer, and has arthritic knees. Any othere SG would absolutely run Allan Houston out of the building.

HOU man DO THE RIGHT THING AND RETIRE!

portega1968

El Cacique
Great posts from NYKnicks15 and Hoop115.

I appreciate Houston's good times with our team and his class act throughout the years.

But there is no doubt Allan should retire and allow us to cut another deal and improve our chances. He owes us that much.

Houston's knee cartilage is like a 34year old dried out sponge with little chance of it being fully healthy considering a couple of operations and endless creative rehabbing. When he jumps he feels one bone landing against the other. The chances of him at his age recovering from that are virtually nil. He knows it although he will not accept quitting. He must be feeling some serious pressure right now.

H20 OFFdaHizZLe

Benchwarmer
maybe from our point of view, allan houston should retire, and i do agree on that. but as a basketball player, as a professional, do you guys think he will just quit on himself so easily? if u were in his shoes, would u juss give up basketball? i know his knee is horrible and it'll probably never fully recover. but i still do wanna see him on the court....i dont care if its for a minute.
i'm not saying u guys arent allan houston fans, but as a tru tru fan, i'd hate it to see him walk off the court.

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
im a huge houston fan.......but it hurts even more to see him on the sidelines in a black suit every game burning up our salery cap

houston is my favorite player.....but i think its time to call it quits

same for me in baseball bernie willliams and tino i am huge fans of them.....but they need to call it quits

H20 OFFdaHizZLe

Benchwarmer
20 is a CROOK said:
Allan Houston was a good player, and he did a lot of great things for our organization. However he was never even close to being the best SG in the league, and like everyone else never got us over the hump. Sadly though he will always be remembered for his outrageous contract and his injuries, not for his playing.

He should be a man and retire, do the right thing and give the people of New York and bigger chance to have a winning team. There is no possible way allan can pull a Grant Hill. He has been on and off the court way longer, and has arthritic knees. Any othere SG would absolutely run Allan Houston out of the building.

HOU man DO THE RIGHT THING AND RETIRE!

actually allan houston was one of the best shooting guards in the league in his prime....and i aint the only one sayin it. many analysts are sayin he was too. im certainly one person who remembers allan houston for his playing, not money and injuries. yea 29 other teams and players on it cant get their teams over the hump every year. KG, steve nash, amare, shaq last year, d wade, lebron....they havent gotten their teams "over the hump". o ya and kobe too (last year)....so whats ur point? and whats up with ur "20 is a crook" crap? itz really bs man. dont even write in this,,,, u dont even deserve to be a knick fan wit a username like dat. on the other topic theres a thing "which kinda knick fan do you hate the most?" . the kinda knick fan i hate the most is "20 is a crook". u go ahead and retire or sumtin man

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
I agree wit u .........houston was and could possible be one of the best scorers not just sg in the league.

he has a deadly shot and with the penitration ability of marbury and the days where hes not thinking of himself......houston could be racking up 20 a game again.....

but as much as i hate the idea......he is hurting the knicks with his injurys and his contract....if he was able to contribute and not be injured it would be different.....BUT HES GETTIN PAYED TO SIT THE BENCH.....thats my only problem

i love allan houston and i hope he can finish his carear with just one more great season before he calls it quits to prove that he still got it....and i hope he does it here wit ny......

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I must disagree with you Allan Houston fans!

Houston is not even a has been, he's a never was. I will never understand New Yorkers. They talk as if this guy is Jesus Christ. This guy's full of $@^*! Allan Houston has always been a passive player. Passive players do not fit in in NY. They just don't. Look at the history. Pat Ewing, Charles Oakley. NY is a ruff city and a ruff team, and if your soft, keep moving! Then to top it all of when they gave this guy the largest contract for a shooting gaurd in the history of the NBA this guy, Allan Houston has the nerve to say.... And this is a direct quote " I think I'm the best shooting gaurd in the leage!"
The best shooting gaurd in the leage...... Has any one heard of Kobe Bryant, or Tracy Magrady or Vince Carter or hell Latrell Sprewell. All of theese guys were are and always will be better than Houston. This guy worth 125 mil, NO WAY........

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I've read what has been said about Houston and it makes me sick! Allan Houston is the destructor of the New York Knicks. He symbolizes every thing that the knicks should not be. Soft. Hits large contract was bad business. Then on top of that, when Houston received his contract he actually said " I think I'm the best shooting gaurd in the leage." WHAT? Houston wasn't even the best shooting gaurd on the team let alone the leage. You can call this statement stupid if you want, but think about it. How has Houston ever been worth that amount 120 million? He has never been the go to guy and when he was the allegid go to guy we started loosing. Knicks fans! I just don't get it. You like this guy and hate Marburry?

H20 OFFdaHizZLe

Benchwarmer
yo donchris i agree with you and i'll say it myself, allan houston is and was not worth the money. i know thats true. and i know he's "soft". but i love him man. and so did sooooo many other people. that's why his number of jerseys sold used be like top 5 in the NBA for a loooong time.

I LOVE ALLAN HOUSTON