Who will start for LB in the season opener?

G-Hutch

Rookie
I'd like to see this lineup personally:

Steph, Q-Rich
T.Thomas, C. Frye, Jerome James

We would have a huge front line (7'1, 6'11, 6'10). Hopefully Frye can play like Camby in '99-00. He can block shots from the weakside, while JJ clogs up the paint.

Q-Rich is one of the best rebounding guards in the NBA. He will grab more board than James & TT most nights.

Crawford can be deadly coming off the bench! Sweetney has proven he is just a solid role player that can post up and get to the line. I don't see him being a starter.

portega1968

El Cacique
First game is at Boston, so I'm demanding some serious payback for last year's opener.

Here we have another daydreamer who believes Frye has any chance of starting this year.

Channing is not ready and it would not be fair to his development or our team to lay that pressure on him off the bat. He's a virgin in need of some foreplay before you pop that cherry.

If the roster were to stay the same, starting five would be Steph, Q, TT, Rose and James, not because I like but because that fits Larry's liking. Rose is his type of player, plus I just don't see him starting Jamal with the need to give trade-bait Timmy minutes.

Nevertheless, I believe there will be another move on the horizon for a starting big man within 2 weeks.

In other news, Reggie Miller in a Knick uniform? If Larry and Spike Lee have their way, it just may happen. Although I can't fathom Bird and Thomas dealing, I can imagine Larry and Isiah getting Walsh to consider sending us something in the range of Foster, Artest, Croshere and Reggie's deal (there is a year remaining at $6mil on Indy's books) for Sweets, TT, Jamal, Frye, picks.

nyk33334

Benchwarmer
portega1968 said:
...... Channing is not ready and it would not be fair to his development for our team to lay that pressure on him off the bat. He's a virgin in need of some foreplay before you pop that cherry......

very good simile

:hump:

20 is a CROOK

Benchwarmer
Frye started five years in Arizona (a top 10 program), and is not considered to be a project. If he cannot come in and play a significant amount of minutes right away with a decent contribution then why did we go out and draft him. Im not saying he should start, but he should definetly get a good amount of playing time, and he should be able to contribute. Why would Isiah draft Frye is he was as raw as everyone is saying.

20 is a CROOK

Benchwarmer
The Indiana trade that was posted before is ridiculous. Why would we want to take on Croshere, and the rest of Reggie Miller's contract. We'll be giving up TT who has an expiring contract, and giving up Sweets and Frye. Plus you want to give up draft picks.That means that our last top picks(#9 in 2003, and #8 in 2005) in the first round, are a waste. Who would want Ron Artest at that price. He hasn't played in a year and is a head case. We already have enough ego on this team. Who wants to deal with him. We would be taking on more money for a player who is questionable. Last time that happened (Antonio McDysse) it was a catashtrophe.

Also if Isiah goes and gets Antoine Walker, then all the wonderful things he has done so far will go to waste. You want to bring that clown in. Combine him and Jamal Crawford and the Garden will get a free extension built on with all the bricks those guys throw up. TEAM oriented guys who will play D and make people better is what we need, not wannabe flashy players like Antoine Walker. When you get dumped by the C's, dumped by the Mavs, dumped by the HAWKS, and then dumped by the C's again, something must be wrong.

timnakhla

Rookie
I think we should pursue Artest with all we got..I agree with that previous trade scenario, I think Artest is the kinda player that the Knicks need, he'll turn out to be that Sprewell kinda player except he's younger, bigger and better and Larry will keep him under control. if the knicks get Artest , we'll be one of the strongest defensive teams in the NBA, plus he'll give us a consistent 25 pts a game (not bad huh), and then will somehow add Tyson Chandler and will have:
Marbury @ PG
Q @ SG
Artest @ SF
T. Chandler @ PF
& James @ C

Now, that's a LARRY BROWN kinda championship team...who's with me :bat:

Go FOR ARTEST & Chandler Zeke... :twisted:

portega1968

El Cacique
20 is a Crook, please allow me to clarify your erroneous perspective on my post.

Eddie Johnson, who played under Larry Brown and currently calls Suns games, has a column at Hoopshype.com where HE says Larry may try to bring Reggie out of retirement. So, in no way you should interpret my post as me wanting to bring Reggie to the Knicks.

So, if Eddie Johnson is right, I'm taking his words a step further and speculating various things, which doesn't mean this is what I prefer the Knicks do. I'm in no way lusting for Croshere and much less wanting to trade away our picks. It's just my opinion on what it would take to get Larry Bird and Isiah Thomas on negotiating terms.

IMO, if Eddie Johnson is right, I can see Isiah and LB going after Reggie AND Artest. Jeff Foster would sweeten the deal for us 'cause he plays D. Bird would undoubtedly try to package Croshere in such a scenario 'cause he's anxious to ship his deal. He'd also want picks in there somewhere 'cause Jamal, Sweets and an expiring deal like TT or Penny may not look enough for Artest. He may even want Frye if Foster in it.

But, it's speculation on my part and I'm not crazing about giving that much for Artest even though his game is what our team is in dire need of. Nevertheless, I won't be surprised if Indy and NY do some dealing soon with Reggie being the spark lit by Larry and even Spike Lee.

portega1968

El Cacique
I don't want Antoine Walker nor Michael Finley in a Knick uniform on opening night or ever. Isiah views these players subjectively since they're from Chicago (like Q and himself). I'm praying for Larry Brown to stop Isiah from making this mistake. Walker totally lacks D. IMO, if we're gonna deal with Boston, it has to be for Pierce.

If Larry performs a miracle and gets Jerome James to play smarter, then that Artest, Chandler and James frontcourt would be very tough. Who knows what Larry and Isiah will do during the coming weeks that will influence our starting lineup on opening night.

Further speculation on my part leads me to believe that Larry Brown may look to get Aaron Mckie once he's let go by Philly with the amnesty clause.

hoop115

Benchwarmer
i just caught a rumor off of espn insider. Knicks might be looking to acquire finley for either of the expiring contracts of penny or TT.

finley is in the twilight of his career and is owed $51MM more over 3 years. why would we cut houston and pick up someone with the same type of bloated contract that actually has one more year on it and give up valuable cap space / trade commodity in the process?

if this happens, this would make no sense what so ever!

furious lord

Benchwarmer
:afro:
Sometimes I think Isiah just lets trade rumors fly without any real intention of doing them. Most if not all of the trades he has made came out of the blue so I don't give them much thought. Finley makes no sense, Reggie is not playing again, and Bird would be stupid to give up Artest for any reason. I think Brown should see how the team does up until the trade deadline, then use TT and Penny to make a move. I think Brown will try to get another banger to make us more physical, all of his successful teams had at least two- The Davis Boys (Indiana) the Wallaces(Detroit), etc, etc

thwax

Benchwarmer
Here's a possible starting line up... it's not that unlikely, i just don't like it!!!!!

PG: Stephan Marbury
SG: Quenton Richardson
SF: Michael Finley (TT possibly gone for this trade... Finley out of position)
PF: Malik Rose
C: Jerome James

That looks AWEFUL!!!! :wallbash:

Here's my reasoning for each position:
PG: Steph's the man for the moment - he better play the 'right way'
SG: Q - nice player, add a little more 'D' and he'll be a great trade for us
SF: Finley - well oh well... i know it's a rumor, but it's rumored that LB prefers him to TT... Ariza's not ready, and Isaih quite likes Finley :machinegun:
PF: Rose - I know he's only 6'8, but he's Larry's type of guy... Sweets needs a chance, if not trade him so he can develop for his sake!
C: Jerome James (29mill and you're going to start Frye or Butler)

We still have a lot of work to do... but at least we are going in the right direction :aplause: