Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Finley to NY?

even tough finley is probably past his prime and starting to get old, i think he will still be a good player for the remainder of his contract. hes without a doubt an upgrade over tim thomas, penny and ariza if he plays the 3, which he can.

isiah obviously has no plans to try to get under the cap, so what do i care if the knicks payroll becommes higher or we get another big contract?

i would easily do a finely for penny deal. i would seriously consider a finely for tiny tim deal. if dallas puts in another young player (doesnt have to be a top prospect) or a draft pick, i think id do it. ariza is not yet ready to be a full time starter. the kid is still very young.

Finely is a double edged sword! On the positive side, he does play D and he can take it to the rim. On the negative side, he's 32 and he has had knee problems. Again, on the + side, he will come to the east were he will play a slower game and has other guards to split time with, this will relieve some wear and tare on those aging knees. On the - side, he will have to bang with Miami, Detroit and now Clevland and that will initself be tough on his frame. He is, in my opinion, a better guard than any one we have currently. Maybe 3 years down the line he won't be, but today he is. I would Make the trade for him, salary cap isn't an issue for the Knicks, they can afford to paywhat ever they have to, but I would make them take back a contract like taylor. At the very least we can clean out a PF and some money. I don't think Dallas would take Houston or Malik Rose's contract. Even though they say the would cut him (which I don't really believe they would, he still can produce), I think they would take back a smaller contract and some cap relief. Then, if we did get MF, we could look to make a move to fill a barren position, the 3! Maybe we could look to trade crawford for someone like Al Harrington or see if Indiana would play ball for Artest. I see getting finely as a catalyst for other things. We NY fans don't need to worry about the cap, all of our teams can afford to pay.

Micahel finly is NOT better then tim thomas.......

River Rocks, Port Rich (Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico PUNETA!!!)

At Jerome James' press conference yesterday, Isiah flatly denied any trade for Finley, said it was false, that it isn't the direction the team is going.

Once again, another false rumor by ESPN. This discussion is worthless.

Originally Posted by portega1968
    At Jerome James' press conference yesterday, Isiah flatly denied any trade for Finley, said it was false, that it isn't the direction the team is going.

Once again, another false rumor by ESPN. This discussion is worthless.
    I also heard Isiah say on WFAN, a few months back, that Marbury wasn't being shopped, but several anonymous GMs stated that he very much was in play. Keep in mind that Isiah is better served to keep his moves to himself and to his Coaches. When you play chess you don’t think out loud do you? So, after what Miami did, I think he is better off keeping his strategy to himself until he is ready to pull the trigger.

Also, MF is sooo much better than TT!!! They play different postions but as far as pure basketball talent goes, pound for pounr Finely is better than TT!

I could bet my life that this won't happen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

never say never, and I don't joke like that, it could it's jus like not very likley at all. also I don't like Tim Thomas or Michael Finley either way....

It would be good if Finley comes to NY becuase we need a player like him to play on the Knicks. He plays good in Dallas. Why can't the Knicks get a good player like him.

..i think finley is way better than Thomas, no doubt...TT is unreliable i hope he's traded