TODAY IN NBA:::SPECIAL OFFSEASON EDITION

Who gets the better end of the Knicks/Suns trade?

• Pheonix (Kurt Thomas&Dijon Thompson)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New York (Quentin Richardson&Nate Robinson)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

NYKnicks15

Starter
TODAY IN NBA
OFFSEASON EDITION

I haven't done this in a while, BUT Ill keep moving with the offseason like my name is Kevin Willis...here we go!

TOP 5 SIGNINGS
Free Agents that will where a new jersey next year..

antonio_daniels.jpg
wizards_logo.gif
...Antonio Daniels will play in the backcourt for the Washington Wizards this season. After the loss of their starting shooting guard this solidifies their will to win and win now. Small but effective, Arenas and Daniels should have a VERY effective year.

donyell_marshall.jpg
cavaliers_logo.gif
...Donyell Marshall joins the Cleveland Cavaliers in what is Dan Gilbert's plan aka "CO-OP KEEP LEBRON!". This adds some veteran leadership aswell as a another good shooter to the team.

larry_hughes.jpg
cavaliers_logo.gif
...Larry Hughes will start at the SG for Cleveland next year. Part two of the Gilbert plan. A good running, dishing, shooting, jamming aswell as stealing partner for LeBron. Iglauskas, Marshall, James, Hughes...look out East.

stromile_swift.jpg
rockets_logo.gif
...Stromile Swift everyones favorite 6'9 big man well atleast according to ALL the teams trying to persuade him this offseason. But the Houston Rockets have landed him. A great addition to their roster, and maybe this can lead to a good run in the West..

jerome_james.jpg
knicks_logo.gif
...Alright not the biggest signing as in marquee player BUT biggest in size and importance because he comes to our New York Knicks. Criticized for multiple things, well have to wait and see how he does in NY. Hopefully great because he truly is a genuine guy. good luck Jerome James the New York Knicks new starting Center...

Notable mentions...
Damon Stoudamire to the Memphis Grizzlies!!! Jeff McInnis to the New Jersey Nets!!! Matt Walshto the Miami Heat!!! Cuttino Mobley to the LA Clippers!!! Nikoloz Tskitishvili & Dwayne Jones to the Minnesota Timberwolves!!! Bobby Simmons to the Milwaukee Bucks!!! Scott Padgett & Raja Bellto the Pheonix Suns!!! Juan Dixon to the Portland Trailblazers!!! Arvydas Macijauskas to the New Orleans Hornets!!! Brian Scalabrineto the Boston Celtics!!! Fabricio Oberto to the San Antonio Spurs!!! Sarunas Jasikevicius to the Indiana Pacers!!!

RE-SIGNINGS...
Ray Allen to stay with the Seattle Supersonics!!! Michael Redd to stay with the Milwaukee Bucks!!! Zydrunas Iglauskas to stay with the Cleveland Cavaliers!!! Mark Madsen & Eddie Griffin to stay with the Minnesota Timberwolves!!! Kyle Korver & Samuel Dalembert to stay with the Philadelphia 76ers!!! Shaquille O'Neal & Udonis Haslem to stay with the Miami Heat!!! Robert Horry to stay with the San Antonio Spurs!!!

TOP 5 TRADES
Teams giving, to get..

kings_logo.gif
grizzlies_logo.gif
...Sacramento will get Bonzi Wells...Greg Ostertag and Bobby Jackson will go to Memphis. Kings get a SG with the loss of Mobley and Memphis gains some reliable bench in the position of C and PG.

lakers_logo.gif
wizards_logo.gif
...Los Angeles will get Kwame Brown and LaRon Profit...Washington will get both Caron Butler and Chucky Atkins...Los Angeles gets a big man and this further proves you stand up to Kobe, youll be shipped out. Riight Chucky? I actually think the Wizards get the positive of this situation. They got something for nothing (no offense to Profit). (Lakers lose their only point guard)..Caron Butler can start right away at the SF position and give them youth and athleticism which they love!

nets_logo.gif
blazers_logo.gif
...The New Jersey Nets land Shareef Abdur-Rahim for a couple future first round picks. Easy sign and trade, giving up nothing but the future in a sense. This is a win now attitude, and if everything clicks they WILL win the Atlantic!! Abdur-Rahim, Jefferson, Carter & Kidd...think im joking?

hawks_logo.gif
suns_logo.gif
...Atlanta will get Joe Johnson and Pheonix will recieve Boris Diaw-Riffiod, 2 future first round picks and the 4.9 million dollar exception...FINALLY someone purposely goes to Atlanta. This is a great pickup for them aswell as a sigh of relieve showing HEY people WILL sign here. With all that cap room something finally pays off. You cant deny the Suns pick ups though. 2 picks (atlanta will still stink)...4.9 million exception (free agents still on the market)...and a good young SG in Boris Diaw...I truly think this benefits both equally.

knicks_logo.gif
suns_logo.gif
...The New York Knicks get Quentin Richardson and Nate Robinson...The Pheonix Suns get Kurt Thomas and Dijon Thompson. A good move for both teams. They get toughness and a PF, we get youth and atleticism. Im not biased, but I have to admit the Knicks gets the better end of this. After the emurgence of N-ROB everyone will recognize my statement as true!

[color=blue][b]Notable mentions...[/b][/color]
[b]Jason Hart[/b] to the [b]Sacramento Kings!!! Jake Voshkul[/b] to the [b]Charlotte Bobcats!!![/b]

[color=yellow][size=6]NEW TRADE:::[/size][/color][img]http://www.nba.com/media/playerfile/antoine_walker.jpgTO THE
heat_logo.gif
?!?!?!?!
BREAKING TRADE UPDATE::: 5 Team Deal!!!
Boston Celtics-- Qyntel Woods, Curtis Borchardt, Rights to Albert Miralles & 2 draft picks....
Miami Heat-- Antoine Walker, Andre Emmett, James Posey & Jason Williams & draft righs to Roberto Duenas
Utah Jazz-- Greg Ostertag....
Memphis Grizzlies-- Raul Lopez & Eddie Jones...
New Orleans Hornets-- Kirk Snyder & Rasual Butler ...

MORE NEWS AS IT COMES...Ill just keep additing it to this post!!!
THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!
:)

At the moment all these transactions are hear-say. We will see in the upcoming weeks...Special thanks to..ESPN.com & NBA.com!!!

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
lets see how good steve nash will be now that hes lost two of the best three point shooters (qrich and JJ). they made him look much better than he really is.

steve nash should not have even come in the top 10 in the voting for the MVP.

madskillz7312

Benchwarmer
a knick fan said:
steve nash should not have even come in the top 10 in the voting for the MVP.

I'm sorry to say, you don't know what your talking about if you say Steve Nash shouldn't have been in the top 10 of voting. Just because he lost two good shooters doesn't mean it "makes him look worse". If his guards suck, they suck, that doesn't mean he can't be good. Steve Nash took the Suns from one of the worst teams in the league to the best. He didnt make them better nor the other way around, they had chemistry and made each other better, why don't you check Steve Nash's stats in points and assits and overall effectiveness. Know what your talking about before you post such a ridicoulous comment...

Regarding the last post, Nick VanExcel is expected to retire, from what I've heard and based on what i've seen, I'm assuming he aacually will....

NYKnicks15

Starter
blazers_logo.gif

WAIVED

derek_anderson.jpg
...DEREK ANDERSON--First victim of the new "Allan Houston Rule"..Wont be the last...Im sure a lot of teams will pick up on this 7 year SG..

nick_vanexel.jpg
...NICK VAN EXEL--Will not be picked up for his last non-guaranteed year of his contract. Retire? or LA? or Houston? Who knows with Van Exel..

clippers_logo.gif

WAIVED

kerry_kittles.jpg
...KERRY KITTLES--Denounce the rights to Kittles. Missed 72 games last season...hopefully his back gets back to perfect health..

rick_brunson.jpg
...RICK BRUNSON--Denounce the rights to him aswell...

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
In real gm its almost imposible to do a 3 team trade, you have to hand it to the actual real Gms to pull off a 5 team deal, thats not easy, in fact is that a record for teams used in a trade?

NYKnicks15

Starter
clippers_logo.gif
---
sam_cassell.jpg

timberwolves_logo.gif
---
marko_jaric.jpg
&
lionel_chalmers.jpg

TRADE COMPLETED THAT SENDS SAM CASSELL TO THE LA CLIPPERS & MARKO JARIC/LIONEL CHALMERS TO THE TIMBERWOLVES...

Minnesota continues their youth movement & LA continues there cheap salary cap escapades...

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Nash was rightfully the MVP. A better argument would have been to say that Wade should have got it instead of Nash!

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
thats fucking hilarious. so tell me, what did u think of steve nash when he was with dallas? was he an mvp there too? or are you saying that after the age of 30 he all of a sudden had a breakout season and became a good player?

YES, marion, amare, Q and JJ all made look steve nash look real good. THATS A FUCKING FACT.

madskills u are a fucking moron.

steve nash was just in the right place at the right time, he came to a new team with young stars who were rapidly improving their skills.

all you nash fans will see that steve nash is no mvp this season...his assists will go down...everything will go down...watch and see...and shut the fuck up

donchris

I'm not a Steve Nash fan but you've got to give credit where it's due. All of the other guys on that team were in place, this is true, but you've got to look at it from a different angle. Nash came in and turned the team around. He's got to be at the very least runner up for MVP. Nash was the missing link for the Suns.

NYKnicks15

Starter
the truth is Nash is a benefiter of the Run & Gun style. He got easy ASSISTS off quick shots and alley-oops. simple as that. is he a floor general and a good player? YES. did he deserve the MVP award? I suppose to the naked eye he did. Will he repeat of even come close? NO. i think the run and gun mite actually be over with the loss of OUR Q-Rich & Atlantas overpaid JJ. and the slowdowned style of Kurt Thomas and Jim Jackson. but well see...

donchris

"did he deserve the MVP award? I suppose to the naked eye he did."

That's an arrogant statement. There must have been a lot of naked eyes if the guy made MVP. I didn't really consider Shaq for it because he was banged up nearly a third of last season and only part of the reason for the Heat's success. Wade on the other hand, that's a different matter all together. The fact is it doesn't really matter how Nash got it done... Just that he got it done and virtually the same line up minus nash did not get it done. The suns made it as far as they did last season because of Nash, not in spite of Nash. Ultimately that is what makes an MVP.