Jerome James

Good addition?

• Yes, he has mass potential and ability...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sure, what else were we supposed to get?...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

NYKnicks15

Starter
james_050802_300.jpg

Jerome James article on Knicks.com

Read it...

How do you think Jerome James will pan out?
How will he adapt to Larry Brown's ways and will he start?
What will he average this year? in all categories?
Knicks.com has both him and Rose wearing #13..who keeps it? Rose gone?
Discuss :)

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
his numbers from that one good series in the playoffs last yr are misleading. its like carlos beltran who had a monstrous playoff run, and in the offseason, got paid big time.

james, in my opinion, will turn out to be a very bad signing by isiah. i donteven wanna make predictions about his stats, because i think that they will be so low, it wont matter...and he might not even be the starting center by the end of the yr.

thwax

Benchwarmer
All I can say is thank you Dampier never worked out... that was the most hyped bigman in a contract work that i've seen in a long time... 29 mill over 5 years for James... I don't think James will work out well... he'll be a bench player most likely after this season... nobody ever said he would be our SHAQ... but then again Shaq doesn't come cheap either, 100 mill over the next 5 years for a guys whose definitely on the way down... his best are behind him... we still need our big man, he'll come, let's be patience as we rebuild

NYKnicks15

Starter
heres the thing about Jerome James that doesnt bother me. Hes young and possibly could be turned into something have way decent. Even if he takes up space and blocks some shots thats better than nothing. He grabs some board, puts in a few tip ins, one dunk here or there and we made out. you might think im crazy but hear me out...

Nazr did the same exact thing but smaller. He didnt block as many shots as this guy will. He doesnt defend as good as this guy will. He didnt take up space like this guy will. and if we had kept Nazr who everyone loved (6'10) Nazr...we would of signed him for about the same or more. SO i think were making out here. Cheap tradeable contract. 5 years around 5.8 million. i think this is a plus.

JJtheKnick

Starter
Waste of Money!!!. knciks should be saving money to try and get under the cap! and if im right do u know who is a free agent of this season LeBron James and i know its a long shot but it wouldnt hurt to try.

ny3nyk

Rotation player
lebrons not a free agent this season and plus with out mle which center besides jerome james wanted to come to ny. not dalembert because he resigned with philly, not curry because it would be a risk to sign him with his heart so jerome james was a good pick up

nyk33334

Benchwarmer
NYKnicks15 said:
... Hes young and possibly could be turned into something have way decent. Even if he takes up space and blocks some shots thats better than nothing. He grabs some board, puts in a few tip ins, one dunk here or there and we made out.

Nazr did the same exact thing but smaller. He didnt block as many shots as this guy will. He doesnt defend as good as this guy will. He didnt take up space like this guy will. and if we had kept Nazr who everyone loved (6'10) Nazr...we would of signed him for about the same or more. SO i think were making out here. Cheap tradeable contract. 5 years around 5.8 million. i think this is a plus.

I agree. Jerome's presence improves the Knicks defense. He's got stregnth, and he def has potential. He CAN cover Shaq. JeromeJames isn't a Shaq or a Yao, or a Wallace, but he should be able to play his role and hopfully get his #'s up w/ more playing time. You can't load the team up w/ superstars. We have a better chance of MAKING an superstar w/ the players we have, than aquiring a superstar w/ FA $ignings. Jerome should fit in well.
I have faith in NY. If JeromeJames' & NY don't work out we can always trade him. All we can do is wait.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I could be wrong.

I could be wrong but I think this was actually a good trade. 30 mill for 5 years isn't a bad deal. You guys make it sound as if he's getting 125 million over 7 years. Sound familure to any one? Ok ok I'll let that one go.... James does have potential and the east is still weak when it comes to the middle. Sure there's Shaq and Wallace, but those are the only two real dominate and nearly untradable centers in the east. James will do well, and lets not forget that Fry will take time to develope like every other rookie to come into the leage (with the execption of labron jame). A seven footer is a great thing to have.

madskillz7312

Benchwarmer
Well, I'm looking to the bright side of this trade. He isn't a monsterous contract, and Larry could devlop him, he seems to have lots of potential. I think regardless, based on his size and the fact we know he can play, he has to be descent, and based on our options for a starting center, I like him...

NYKnicks15

Starter
Quick note...this isnt a trade. its a free agent signing.
please try to limit the one sentence answers..

on that note..

anyone have predictions on numbers for this year? ppg, mpg, bpg, rpg?
and for fun what number jersey should he wear?

keep it rolling guys!! :)

jayjay

Rookie
we got a legit 7ft big body center for midlevel contract i don't see why it would be considered a very bad signing by isiah its better than giving it to another "center" in a power forwards body like most people suggested and hope we would do i'm very very excited about this pick up theres no questioning about where he belongs on court i'm pretty sure larry brown will get the most he can out of him. =)

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
jerome james is not young y are people saying that....i think he will be turning 30 real soon...

its a good short term aqusation untill frye develops and puts some meat on....jerome was a great aquirement tho but i would of rather of gotten stromile swift....

i love swift...he is one of the only players who arent on the knicks who i am a fan of.....

nycefnl

Benchwarmer
Defense will improve tremendously with James down there to intimidate players and Frye with his shot blocking ability will see time with Brown at helm.

UWDawgs

Rookie
This guy sucks - We've had him warming up our bench in Seattle for a while now - he finally decided to resemble a baskeball player in one series against the Kings - but then against the Spurs and a real center he went back to his hole - Dont expect anything from this guy - If he gets you 8-9 ppg and 5-6 boards be thrilled (he sucks at rebounding) - its not like we had any true center in Seattle for the past 4 years - it was suppose to be him and seattle fans have been crying ever since for signing this tool

thwax

Benchwarmer
Where are some of you coming from saying that he is going to intimator people, can't wait for him to play Shaq, that he is going to bring great defense and has a lot of upside... he is a very average center at best and fill in well for the next couple of years, but to say he is going to great, man o man, this forum is in trouble if that's the overall consensus!

NYKnicks15

Starter
I dont think any one is saying he is GREAT! i think were saying hes a good pick up. hell take up space in the middle and he has a huge presence. Hes a good defender and good shot blocker. you have to think with the lack of centers in the league that are big he has a good chance succeeding here in the east...

By the way catch a good video of Isiah & Jerome at the knicks website. its from the press conference and they answer good questions. and talk about Magic johnsons remarks at the NBA Store not too long ago. Saying the knicks will be turned around next year with Larry & Isiah and Larry will get Marbury back to all star form..good listen and watch..>CHECK IT OUT!!!

PS. man o man thwax, the forum is in no means going to be in trouble!! :)

stats for this guy...12 ppg, 7-8 rpg, 1.5 blocks
thats my guess...

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
he dont get his minutes.....and he is ranked #1 in blocks per 48 minutes......

witch is better then n e thing we had last year......

he will be fine

madskillz7312

Benchwarmer
Where are some of you coming from saying that he is going to intimator people, can't wait for him to play Shaq, that he is going to bring great defense and has a lot of upside... he is a very average center at best and fill in well for the next couple of years, but to say he is going to great, man o man, this forum is in trouble if that's the overall consensus!

Never said he was great, I said he'd be a decent center hopefully at worst and has alot of potential....

nyk33334

Benchwarmer
Jeromes aquisition is def a plus for the knicks. relax, he's a good pick up. not the greatest, but james should do well.