View Poll Results: Good addition?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, he has mass potential and ability...

7 31.82%
  • Sure, what else were we supposed to get?...

9 40.91%
  • No, waste of our MLE...

6 27.27%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jerome James

Where are some of you coming from saying that he is going to intimator people, can't wait for him to play Shaq, that he is going to bring great defense and has a lot of upside... he is a very average center at best and fill in well for the next couple of years, but to say he is going to great, man o man, this forum is in trouble if that's the overall consensus!

Veteran

I dont think any one is saying he is GREAT! i think were saying hes a good pick up. hell take up space in the middle and he has a huge presence. Hes a good defender and good shot blocker. you have to think with the lack of centers in the league that are big he has a good chance succeeding here in the east...

By the way catch a good video of Isiah & Jerome at the knicks website. its from the press conference and they answer good questions. and talk about Magic johnsons remarks at the NBA Store not too long ago. Saying the knicks will be turned around next year with Larry & Isiah and Larry will get Marbury back to all star form..good listen and watch..>CHECK IT OUT!!!

PS. man o man thwax, the forum is in no means going to be in trouble!!

stats for this guy...12 ppg, 7-8 rpg, 1.5 blocks
    thats my guess...

he dont get his minutes.....and he is ranked #1 in blocks per 48 minutes......

witch is better then n e thing we had last year......

he will be fine

Where are some of you coming from saying that he is going to intimator people, can't wait for him to play Shaq, that he is going to bring great defense and has a lot of upside... he is a very average center at best and fill in well for the next couple of years, but to say he is going to great, man o man, this forum is in trouble if that's the overall consensus!
    Never said he was great, I said he'd be a decent center hopefully at worst and has alot of potential....

Jeromes aquisition is def a plus for the knicks. relax, he's a good pick up. not the greatest, but james should do well.

yes he will help the knicks realil need size so he would help but he should have been paid less hes very slow and he'll be on the bench by mid season channing is way better than him and channing is a real shot blocker not jerome

correction to knicksfan20 he is ranked 5th in blocks per 48 minutes

have u seen how many fouls he gives up??? the guy averaged 3.5 fouls in just 16.6 minutes a game last year....thats gotta be the most pathetic stat there is...he probably leads the league in fouls per minute... sweetney is also another guy that gets too many fouls, 2.9 in 19 minutes a game...im not sure i wanna see those two starting in the front court anymore

the reason that those two guys wont get minutes on this team will be cuz they give up too many free points to other teams by sending the other guys to the FT line...

a lot of the times, a guy gives up a foul because he lost position and got beat, which to me is usually a sign of a bad defensive player.

i wanna see sweetney start cuz i think hes young and improving and i think he deserves a chance to show what hes got. he can get 12 and 8.

jerome james CANT get 12 and 8. i dont see it happening. james is NOT young. hes had his chance. in fact, hes almost on the verge of being PAST his prime. the guy is 30 years old...thats not young. i dont expect much out of james, but i could be wrong. i think this is just one of those desperate signings by isiah to get "any big man" just for the sake of getting a big man. its like when he signed bateer or sundov or baker to contracts. i dunno why gm's in this league like to give big guys big contracts that they dont deserve just for the sake of getting a big man. like the ridiculous contract that dampier got from dallas. what a joke.

nazr mohammad might be smaller than james, but he is more skilled, is a much nicer and hard working guy, has a better shot, and basicall is just more polished overall player. just cuz james is taller doesnt mean ****. being an nba player isnt all just about being a seven footer. alonzo mourning, for example, was an intense, intimidating, monster rebounding, monster shot blocking, center and he was only 6'10...

Lorenzen Wright is up for grabs. With Isiah's intention of obtaining Pau Gasol, I wouldn't mind if they put a package together for him & Paul Gasol.

River Rocks, Port Rich (Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico PUNETA!!!)

Originally Posted by hoop115
    Lorenzen Wright is up for grabs. With Isiah's intention of obtaining Pau Gasol, I wouldn't mind if they put a package together for him & Paul Gasol.
    I'm in on getting Pau Gasol. During the Olympics, he played like the best player on the planet during that first round. He's a legit 7ft who can also play the PF. He can get you a double-double, posts up and shoots facing the basket, excellent fg%, passes nicely and will get his blocks. Oh, he's just 25 yrs old and has a dunk-first attitude.

jerome james will only come off the bench channing frye is much better than him and channing is a excellent shot blocker james will only come in the game and get quick fouls thats all hes good for and if jerome james will be our starting center why would we draft channing frye hes obviously going to start either mid season or the whole season and david lee is a wasted draft pick we should have got chris taft i think david sucks

Veteran

why does David suck? have you seen him play before? or did you just look at his stats? Hes a hardworker the Knicks need plus he can throw it down...hard. I think hell be a good young addition.

im very interested to see how Larry and Isiah deal witht he frontcourt this year..more trades to come maybe? Like said we DO have a lot of options though. To me Jerome James & Mike Sweetney are the best two...until Frye bulks up and is ready by midseason of course hah

david lee does suck hes a undersized pf there trying to swicth him to the small foward but hes to slow to play the small foward and he cant shoot we shoul have got chris taft

River Rocks, Port Rich (Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico PUNETA!!!)

David Lee has more hustle in one pinky of his 6'7" undersized body than Chris Taft will ever have. He's a good free throw shooter and is a step quicker than most guys coming into this league. He ruled at the NBA pre-draft camp.

Also, Channing Frye has no chance of starting anytime soon unless you're looking to see the kid humiliated. He's way less ready than Lee or Nate. Isiah was basically forced to draft him to appease the media, the Dolans, Spike Lee and half of NYK fans. Gerald Green will prove to have been the correct pick at that spot. Frye isn't even a center in this league and don't expect him to bulk up that soon. Thank God Isiah went for the right choices when picking Lee and Nate.

Its obvious JohnKnicksMan didn't catch any summer league action.

yes i did catch summer league action and talking about hussle why need david lee we got we got jerome williams and in the summer league david lee did not impress nobody so dont say nothing about me u ***