Steph moving to the two guard

thwax

Benchwarmer
Yesterday Steph said that he is keen to move to the 2 spot... we all know we have a lot of guards but we actually have a glut of 2 guards so much though that we may end up signing a point guard

PG: Nate
SG: Steph, Q (his true position), Jamal, H2O (probably waived), Penny

Penny and Q can both play the 3... but look at our list of two's:
Steph, Q, Jamal, Houston & Penny

I know that Jamal could play the point, but i don't see Larry being excited to have a little Steph playing point!

I wish we had that type of depth elsewhere... we obviously are a team in transition... Larry should sort a lot out

thwax

Benchwarmer
That's over $64 million tied up in one position!!! That's more than the 25 others teams entire payroll!

How do you guys see this working out?

NYKnicks15

Starter
i actually hope this doesnt work out, im not in favor of a 6'2 SG. Plus this puts Q-Rich, Jamal and Nate in weird spots...

we all know penny will be gone. and so will Houston.

I love larry brown but i think this is a horrible idea. too small. I think they can work on something in practices and get an understandment just like him and Chauncey had.

Just use Penny & Jamal to get something else. Dont waste them on Eric Snow and his horrible contract. I can see a trade going down tho that looks like this...
Cleveland gets- Jamal Crawford & Mike Sweetney
New York gets- Eric Snow & Drew Gooden
Just because Cleveland wants a shooting PG who can run and a back up PF and we need a bigger PF (gooden who cleveland wants to rid of)..

ny3nyk

Rotation player
why does everybody think steph should move to the 2, just because he has a couple of games where he seems like a ballhog. the guy avgs 8 assists and is doing a great job running the point and passes just fine

NYKnicks15

Starter
im definetely not a follower of believer in that idea...it IS a few ppls idea but this didnt generate from us...it generated from new coach Larry Brown. We might trade for Kevin Ollie, Eric Snow or Earl Watson...not excited about any of this...i think we should use JCraw or Nate...and use our tools to trade for bigs or a purer shooter

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Point Position.

The idea of Marburry playing two gaurd is nothing new. Coach Brown did the same for Iverson in PHilly a few years back and quess what, they made it to the finals. A guy that's a selfish player shouldn't play point, a position that requires distributing the ball. So in my oppinon one of two things will happen. Marburry will be moved to the two SG position and Crawford will play the Point, or Marburry will move to SG and Snow could be brought into the picture. If Snow ends up playing for the Knicks, look for Crawford on the bench. Eather way, I don't see Marbury soley playing point unless he drastlicly changes his game.

YEARITEHERE

Benchwarmer
What do u guys think? what about the knicks try to get Brevin Knight from charlotte. he averaged 9 assist per game. i think it might work.

jayjay

Rookie
i for see alot of isolations and not one other guard being able to contain Marbury in the league :hump:

portega1968

El Cacique
Brevin Knight would be a nice playmaker and I also like Eric Snow's D and playmaking.

Stephon will be unstoppable at the 2. His defense will improve this year, as will the backup D behind him.

This will rush in a trade where we dispose of Jamal and Sweets for whatever Larry needs.

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
"Stephon will be unstoppable at the 2"

First off....steph isnt much of a shooter......so putting him at the SHOOTING guard will be stupid...we will then have him being guarded bye people who are 5 -6 inches taller then he is....

marbury likes to drive in so no matter wut position he plays he will still play the same type of basketball.....

if we put nate at the Pg our backcourt will be so small.....i dont like eric snow here.......

this also puts 2 good guards on the bench in q rich and crawford.....

they will be fighting for minutes as well as penny.

but then u could say...q plays the 3 as well so they both get there minutes....but then ariza one of our players with a brihgt future is left out....

i would HATE it if marbury played shooting guard....

our team should be left as is.....just deal some of our extra Forwards cuz we have to many....then cut someone......

i dont care who we get or if they suck...use them to dump some salery......

then start jerome williams and have him split time with wut ever PF we have left.....

thwax

Benchwarmer
One exciting thing about having Q come here was that he was going to play his old style game at the 2 position! Sure he can play the 3, but him at the 2 with Crawford at the bench, that's a great SG combo... now let's get a few other positions done!

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
"It is no secret that Marbury likes to shoot. When he was asked yesterday about the intriguing possibility of moving from point guard to shooting guard, his eyes lit up. He even said that Brown once told him that if he coached him, he would play him at shooting guard. "It's going to be kind of scary because now I can shoot whenever I want to shoot," Marbury said of the potential shift. "

didnt he do that n e way when he was playing the point..

madskillz7312

Benchwarmer
I don't think it's going to happened, plus I don't like the idea of him playing the 2, I think it won't work out if they do try it, and Marbury will go back to playing point again...

crawford_fan1

Benchwarmer
Stephon Marbury is not going to be a shooting guard because Nate is not ready to be a starting point guard. Nate is only a rookie. Larry is not going to put Marbury as SG when we have three other SGs..... Q-Rich, Crawford, and Penny. Nate will be a secondary point guard but not a sating guard.
____________________________________________________________________________________

REPRESENT BROOKLYN ALL DAY EVERY DAY

BROWNSVILLE & BED-STUY
WHERE U AT?

johnknicksman

Benchwarmer
penny is really overpaid hes washed up and has a huge contract once we get rid of him houston and tim we will be under the salary cap

thwax

Benchwarmer
johnknicksman said:
penny is really overpaid hes washed up and has a huge contract once we get rid of him houston and tim we will be under the salary cap

No ways... that is how bad our salary situation is!!! :(

TT: 14 million
Penny: 15.75 million
Houston: 19 million (with the new amnesty rule, his 19 mill still count against the cap, just not the luxury tax!)

This years cap is set at 49.5 million :!:

Our combined salaries is at 110 million! :machinegun:

Realistically, we will only get under the cap when Marbury's contract is over with is the 2009/10 season

johnknicksman

Benchwarmer
yes but by getting rid of those guys we could problably sign someone from free agency look who we signed this year jerome james another waste of money why the hell did we trade nazr

NYKnicks15

Starter
we traded Nazr and got Malik Rose & David Lee. We would of had to resign Nazr anyways for the same we signed Jerome...and Id rather have a 7-1 Center than a 6-10 one anyday..especially when they basically put up the same stats..

well be under the cap when LeBron becomes a free agent in 07...Taylor will be off our payroll, Williams, Houston, Hardaway, Thomas. It mite not be much under it but enough to lure him especially with NIKE paying the rest...

NOWWWW that that is settled...guys can we please get back on topic here!...

Steph could be moved to the SG and Larry doesnt care that we already have three others...EX. Looking to trade for Ollie or Snow..
Its really scary though because i really wanted to see the backcout of Q-Rich & Marbury...i like marbury as a point, he STILL dishes man and i think Larry will push the D through his head...does anyone else want a 6-2 SG???