NYK Power Forward Ideas..

thwax

Benchwarmer
The rumor of Steph playing the two comes right out of his mouth yesterday in an interview at Chelsea Piers during a camp he was conducting...

Another thing, I don't like the Jamal and Sweets trade for Snow and Gooden, why should we always take others cast offs... we don't need Gooden, we need someone better than him... like a Swift (I know he is gone to the Rockets, just someone like him!)

NYKnicks15

Starter
you cant just say that, you need to have SOMEONE in mind. I dont want Gooden whos cheap, young, atletic and 6'10...i want someone like Swift..not swift but someone like him? Who out there is like Swift??? more importantly that WE can get>!!??! sometimes you just have to settle for what our limits are...you have to think small to eventually get big..

NYKnicks15

Starter
I split the topic so we can argue about the PF's thwax :lol:
anyways...
theres not too many PF's like Swift out there. Look through the depth charts, i dont think theres anyone like him nor that we could get...if there is one PF id like that is Kevin Garnett. It seems outlandish but i proposed a trade before and it looks like this...it works out logically and money wise..

Minnesota GETS-- PF Carlos Boozer, SF Tim Thomas & SG Gordan Giricek
New York GETS-- PF Kevin Garnett
Utah GETS-- SF Wally Sczerbiak, SG Jamal Crawford and a NY first round pick

startling line ups would improve to...
Minnesota-- C Michael Olowokandi, PF Carlos Boozer, SF Tim Thomas, SG Gordan Giricek & PG Sam Cassell
New York-- C Jerome James, PF Kevin Garnett, SF Trevor Ariza, SG Quentin Richardon & PG Stephon Marbury
Utah-- C Mehmet Okur, PF Andrei Kirilenko, SF Wally Sczerbiak, SG Jamal Crawford & PG Derron Williams

if you can think of other PF's you want think of a trade idea...or ill think of a way to get them myself :)

Jazzyknicks33

Benchwarmer
How about elton brand? i haven't heard his name mentioned at all. He's one of the best pf's and he's more realistic. Twolves wouldnt trade garnett to get tim thomas, boozer and giricek. that would be a horrible trade for them. kg can do everything those guys do by himself and even better. I dont think theres any chance of kg comin 2 ny

ny3nyk

Rotation player
i'd like rose to start at thr 4 but some pfs in the league i would like in the knicks are melvin ely, nene, and othella harrington. i like melvin elys game and how he played in charlotte, but i think he can flourish in a place like ny. nene is still young and big, but i doubt den would let him go. reacquiring harrington would be nice

hoop115

Benchwarmer
Since the hay days of Shawn Kemp, I've always loved PF's that have silky smooth J's and can throw it down like nobody's business. Rasheed and CWebb were like that for awhile before age or injuries weakened their game. KG & JO fit that bill now and I would love to have either one of them on the Knicks.

But I dunno if you can re-unite Steph and KG. We all know that KG is the better of the two. Like Shaq, anyteam he's on instantly should become his team. That might not mix well w/ Steph since he thinks the Knicks are his team. Isn't that's the reason why Steph was shipped out of Minny to begin with?

NYKnicks15

Starter
You cant rule out anything in Minnesota. They have nothing and they are basically rebuilding, they cant find the perfect combination and someone like Garnett deserves that chance...and if it isnt (which it hasnt been) working out with him in MN...why not get what you can for him now???

About Nene yea they were trying to ship him out a little after the draft if i can remember correctly. I believe to Dallas or Pheonix not sure. But i think its possible then again anythings possible. I think it would take some type of guard to get him. but itll be hard salary wise cause he gets paid so "little". You can prolly get him for Sweetney & and first round pick. OR Crawford & Sweetney for Nene, Lenard thats possible aswell....

the only thing about Brand that scares me is his 6'8 size...isnt that basically sweetney?? i know hes a great player but hes defientely a SF.

ill have to pass on othella harrington, maybe ely for like nothing in return but i wouldnt trade for either of them...see the thing is we have GOOD or DECENT power forwards right now...i think were looking for that REAL GOOD or ABOVE AVERAGE power forward at the moment,,

jayjay

Rookie
umm.. one quick thing in what world is Stromile Swift better than Drew Gooden? there more along the lines of even or Gooden edges out Swift by a slim margin don't mistake more "athletic" for being better its just not the best way to judge talent.

thwax

Benchwarmer
When we talk trades for an A+ player such as KG we have got to put ourselves in the other teams' shoes for what they want.

A trade for KG shipping TT, Jamal and a first round pick is just not enough, unless it's like the Lakers that basically got nothing back for Shaq, but then Shaq demanded to be traded which KG is not

I think we'd have to trade something like Marbury, our best 2006 first round pick (not lottery protected), Ariza, Sweets to pull off a trade like this... and even then I don't think they'd but... i haven't put a trade together, but we are going to have to give them a lot... I'd trade Marbury, Ariza, Sweets and a first rounder for KG... just doubt they'd take it

thwax

Benchwarmer
Here's a trade for Pau Gasol, however I admit I ideally would not want Gasol, he is too soft, not enough defense... great blocks, FG %, 20-10 guy... much better than any PF we have... and i believe that we could pry he away from the Griz (they are not too happy with him)

TRADE:
Pau Gasol - $10.9 million

FOR:
Sweets - $2.1 million
Nate - $0.6 million (you've got to give them something people)
Jamal - $6.5 million
2006 first round pick (lottery protected)

I don't think they'd go for this either... we are not going to get great players for free... and by the way, i love Nate - he's a great pickup i'd hate to loose :(

We need to give them something that they can cut salary with, they are way over the cap, however at the same time give them something to last

hoop115

Benchwarmer
spoke about this before, memphis may go for a package that would include one of our expiring contracts. they would have to throw in a player or two since both TT & Hardaway make $5MM-$6MM more than Gasol. It most likely wouldn't happen until mid-season when they realize they're at the bottom of the western conference and the trade deadline is just around the corner. They just lost half their team this summer; JWill, Bonzi, Posey, Swift. I don't know who we'd take back that who's salary I wouldn't mind taking on...but I would love to have Gasol.

portega1968

El Cacique
Brand may be 6'8", but his wingspan is like 7'2", so the guy is monet at the PF spot.

I'd trade Steph and Ariza for Brand and Livingston, then ship Jamal and Sweets plus picks for Gasol and Bobby Jackson.

Starting 5:

Gasol
Brand
Lee
Q
Livingston

That is one hell of a team.

NYKnicks15

Starter
Pau Gasol? ill pass...
Elton Brand is a great player a favorite of mine since Chicago but Marbury & Ariza for him and Livingston?? no no no.

you have to think if we take brand and livingston we have to replace PF and PG. Clippers only really need a C due to the addition of Cuttino Mobley. They want to ship out Wilcox for a while now sooo...

Elton Brand-- 13
Chris Wilcox-- 2.8
FOR
Jamal Crawford 6.5
Maurice Taylor 9
David Lee .6
Mike Sweetney 2
1st Round Pick

NY--
C-- Jerome James, Channing Frye, Jackie Butler
F-- Elton Brand, Chris Wilcox, Malik Rose
F-- Tim Thomas, Trevor Ariza, Jerome Williams
G-- Quentin Richardson, Penny Hardaway, Allan Houston
G-- Stephon Marbury, Nate Robinson

LA--
C-- Chris Kaman, Zeljko Rebraca
F-- Maurice Taylor, Mike Sweetney
F-- Corey Maggette, David Lee
G-- Cuttino Mobley, Marko Jaric, Quinton Ross
G-- Jamal Crawford, Shaun Livingston, Lionel Chalmers

looks good for both sides i think...

portega1968

El Cacique
In 2 or 3 years, Livingston WILL be the best point guard in this league.

As for Gasol, I can't see why anyone doesn't like in the guy. He is aggressive and effective at both ends of the floor. Furthermore, Isiah is bent on landing him as stated by Peter Vecsey.

Jazzyknicks33

Benchwarmer
With brands post game and defense he is defintily a pf. He's strong, athletic, and an underrated pf. there's no way he's a sf. He hasn't once played that position and i doubt he will.

ny3nyk

Rotation player
why trade lee he is a monster on the boards if u saw the summer league.hes a bit undersized for his position though, and i think hes the odd man out from frye, robinson and himself

nyk33334

Benchwarmer
It'z funny how my girlfreind said Lee has potential 2 b a teen sitcom superstar. I believe he has potential to b a tough force inside. Lee should really develop well under brown & herb.

as for the other pf's, why kan't we work out a trade? quantity for quality. perhaps the same thing w/ the guard situation. more changes are expected.

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
my prediction is that there will be no more trades at the PF position for us. sweetney should be able to start, get his 30 mins a game, and show what hes got. if nothing else, it will improve his trade value.

i think he is a very good offensive rebounder, and a good rebounder in general. he is a decent scorer.

i can see him getting 12-13 points and 8-9 rebs if hes give 30+ minutes. thats comparable to kurt thomas' stats.

lets give him a chance.

NYKnicks15

Starter
i believe a knic fan is right...
but then again you never know in New York
I see Jerome & Malik staying because of the veteran status and defensive play...i like Sweetney and have said that since day one when everyone was knocking him...but i can see isiah or Larry for that matter sticking with a 6'8 PF...then again he stuck with a 6'9 C..

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
sweetney is slow and he isnt a defensive player.... he has NO presence inside......unlike someone like jerome james

sweetney is yes a good rebounder but that is it

he has a decent post up game but he has no range on his shot...

he cant shoot facing the basket.....and hes fat...hes not wide with muscle hes just fat.......

use him as trade bait......