HELL NO 2 OLLIE AND SNOW

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
So far there are no quality PF available. Walker seems to be going to Maimi and most trades will put us in the hole. My suggestion is trade Jermaine Jackson or Sundov for Sean May. We've yet to see what May can do on an NBA level but he's young, he dominated in Carolina and he will have future trade value.

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
first off.......jermaine jackson and sudov both got released

second off we wouldnt be able to get may with those 2 scubs unless we added picks/money or another player

portega1968

El Cacique
Read today in HoopsHype.com rumor mill that Larry is determined to get Eric Snow, and that it may take a 3way to get such a deal done. Cleveland is looking for a point guard in return.

I'd like a 4way with Chicago and Memphis where we could land Chandler, Gasol and Snow while giving up Sweets, Jamal, expiring deals (Penny or TT) and picks. That would square away our starting lineup.

Chandler
Gasol
QRich
Steph
Snow

Bench
Nate
Ariza
Lee
Frye
James
Rose
Taylor
JYD
(send Jackie Butler to NBDL)

Am I daydreaming?

NYKnicks15

Starter
sorry but thats rather impossible, id like that idea too but it just wont happen.

I really believe a Eric Snow & Drew Gooden FOR Jamal Crawford, Mike Sweetney & a 1st Round Pick will work. I can actually see that deal going through would i like it to? not necessarily but i wouldnt cry if it happened.

im not fond of Steph playing the 2 but if we trade Craw...Steph & Q-Rich will be our SG's AND Snow & Robinson would be our PG's. Id actually rather keep the roster how it is at the moment (until tradedeadline when something comes up A LOT better). Id rather just sign someone for cheap like Desegana Diop. Have him as the back up for James. and have Frye as the starting PF (natural position) with Sweetney as the back up. Waive Rose (even tho i like him). Let Houston Retire. And save Taylors & Williams 2 year contracts as bait aswell as Pennys...but when does the logical thing ever happen in NY? haha

portega1968

El Cacique
NYKnicks, 2 things on what you said:

1. There ain't no way Frye is starting, he's just not ready and it would not be fair to him to put him in such a tough spot. Much less start over Sweets.

2. Rose is practically the only player that fits Larry's liking. Now way he's getting waived.

Now I agree that a trade for Snow & Gooden may happen and I also wouldn't favor it because Gooden totally lacks D though he is a doubledouble threat.

Isiah will find a way to land Chandler or Gasol, I can feel it.

IMO, Eric Snow is already a Knick.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Agreed. Frye's gonna need a few years to develop. I've been keeping up with him in the summer league. So far he's had a few good games but he's making alot of rookie mistakes. Turn overs, fowl trouble ext. No way Larry Brown's gonna start a player that makes a habit of turning over the ball. I wouldn't be surprised to see Snow in the line up. I know the consensus here is that Snow's no good but as I've said before, the plus side is that he's no stranger to Larry Brown's coaching style and will be able to adapt with ease.

NYKnicks15

Starter
riiiiight...anyways, if were going to complete a trade for Snow lets make it the best possible for us...and of course the other teams..

NEW YORK-- Eric Snow (6) & Eddy Curry (6)
CLEVELAND-- Jamal Crawford (6) & Jerome Williams (6)
CHICAGO-- Drew Gooden (4) & David Lee (or 1st Round Pick)

New York gets the point guard larry brown wants and we unjam the SG position. We also rid ourselves of 1or2 PF's. We also get a good young back up Center/starting Power Forward Big man in Curry.

Cleveland gets the scoring type of point guard they want aswell as the back up powerforward who plays D that theyve been searching for. Jerome also brings leadership and experience.

Chicago gets two Power Forwards which they desperately need. Its also youth and they rid themselves of the skeptical health of Eddy Curry

Our Roster looks like this...
C-- Jerome James/Channing Frye/Jackie Butler
F-- Eddy Curry/Mike Sweetney/Maurice Taylor/Malik Rose
F-- Tim Thomas/Trevor Ariza
G-- Stephon Marbury/Quentin Richardson
G-- Eric Snow/Nate Robinson

its what Larry wants, and it spices it up for me aswell haha

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
imo....i think we give up 2 much

1rst round draft pick, crawford and our best defensive player......i dunno....i think we could get that through and still keep jeome williams......

i still dont like the idea of bringing snow to ny

or instead of jerome....maybe sweetney and rose or sweetney and a 1rst rounder.....i kinda am attachted to jerome williams so i dont wanna see him go.....

johnknicksman

Benchwarmer
sean may he is just like mike sweetney they both dominated in college but this is the nba they cant dominate guys like they did in college getting may will be like getting another sweetney